The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

That picture on the parade truck speaks volumes. Have you ever seen a guy finish a season as champion and seem so disenchanted with his team and the sport as a whole? There have been drivers who threw hissy fits in the past and jacked it in but this isn't it. There's something more going on there. 
    I just think he's the working class kid who has done nothing but drive karts and F1 cars since he was 13 - he is shy , lacks interpersonal skills and is insecure. If some of the rumours are true he may have other matters on his mind.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    If he's acheived his dream of matching Senna's 3 titles, why should he stick around in F1 at all? Plenty of cash, and plenty of other stuff to get into outside of motor racing.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    I just think he's the working class kid who has done nothing but drive karts and F1 cars since he was 13 - he is shy , lacks interpersonal skills and is insecure. If some of the rumours are true he may have other matters on his mind.
    Yes, the rumour mill is pretty strong. Being the first black Doctor Who would be a big step to take. 

Fretwired said:
    Yes, the rumour mill is pretty strong. Being the first black Doctor Who would be a big step to take. 
    Look at his pictures on Twitter and Instagram and what don't you see? What doesn't he have that most successful rich young men have? Why does his so called record producer go with him to the track?

None of my business and I really don't care .. he's an exceptional driver.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Frertboard F1 online free betting just for fun:

Hamster going to Red Bull:-

1. Chillidoggy

2. Fretwired

Hamster going to Ferrari:-

1. Heartfeltdawn

Hamster staying put at Merc

In fairness I think @chillidoggy and I both stated Ferrari or Red Bull.

Come on Fret, you need to shit, or get off the pot, man!

Read above .. I said Hamilton's first choice would be Ferrari .. depends on Vettel. I then said Hamilton would fit Red Bull's brand so that could be a second choice. Hamilton won't like what Wolff is saying as it's basically you can race Rosberg on my terms and you keep your mouth shut.

Yes, but what's your choice?

Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Frertboard F1 online free betting just for fun:

Hamster going to Red Bull:-

1. Chillidoggy

2. Fretwired

Hamster going to Ferrari:-

1. Heartfeltdawn

Hamster staying put at Merc

In fairness I think @chillidoggy and I both stated Ferrari or Red Bull.

Come on Fret, you need to shit, or get off the pot, man!

Read above .. I said Hamilton's first choice would be Ferrari .. depends on Vettel. I then said Hamilton would fit Red Bull's brand so that could be a second choice. Hamilton won't like what Wolff is saying as it's basically you can race Rosberg on my terms and you keep your mouth shut.

Yes, but what's your choice?
    Ferrari.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22518
    edited December 2015
    Fretwired said:
    Look at his pictures on Twitter and Instagram and what don't you see? What doesn't he have that most successful rich young men have? 
    If the answer isn't "His own underwear label" or "Intimate knowledge of Madonna's body", I'm totally lost. 

He could still be Doctor Who. Roaming through time and space in a blue closet :D 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    Look at his pictures on Twitter and Instagram and what don't you see? What doesn't he have that most successful rich young men have? 
    If the answer isn't "His own underwear label" or "Intimate knowledge of Madonna's body", I'm totally lost. 

He could still be Doctor Who. Roaming through time and space in a blue closet :D 
    Rumours have been around for years that Hamilton is gay .. not that is anyone's business or detracts from his ability as a driver.

• Fretwired said:
    Rumours have been around for years that Hamilton is gay .. not that is anyone's business or detracts from his ability as a driver.
    I know, I know. Injunction gossip goes a long way. 

No chance of Verstappen getting the gay rumours. He's still waiting for puberty to start. 

• interesting tweet from Martin Brundle yesterday:

Sad World Champ LH44 didn't pass by Autosport Awards for 20mins to at least thrill/motivate young drivers he once was. Unwritten obligation
  • bobblehat said:
    interesting tweet from Martin Brundle yesterday:

Sad World Champ LH44 didn't pass by Autosport Awards for 20mins to at least thrill/motivate young drivers he once was. Unwritten obligation
    To be fair, that's because he was meeting Obama, which is a fair bit more important than the annual autosport awards. I can't imagine Toto would've let him say no to the President of the USA..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited December 2015
    bobblehat said:
    interesting tweet from Martin Brundle yesterday:

To be fair, that's because he was meeting Obama, which is a fair bit more important than the annual autosport awards. I can't imagine Toto would've let him say no to the President of the USA..
    Would LH turning up thrill young drivers? I'm not sure. Brundle's scraping the barrel here.

@stickyfiddle is right. A photo opportunity with Obama will do the Mercedes brand no harm. Unlikely Obama would have met Rosberg though which will give Totto something to think about over the winter.

• Hearing Brundle and the like of Derek Warwick talk about how attending was an unwritten obligation is quite laughable but not as ridiculous as the people out there on Twitter saying that Hamilton should listen to these men of experience. Why should a three time world champion have to listen to two guys with bugger all wins between them? Sorry chaps, you have no idea of his media responsibilities compared to your day. 

Still, it was nice to see love in the Mercedes camp. 

Hearing Brundle and the like of Derek Warwick talk about how attending was an unwritten obligation is quite laughable but not as ridiculous as the people out there on Twitter saying that Hamilton should listen to these men of experience. Why should a three time world champion have to listen to two guys with bugger all wins between them? Sorry chaps, you have no idea of his media responsibilities compared to your day. 

/\ Caption competition!

• Hearing Brundle and the like of Derek Warwick talk about how attending was an unwritten obligation is quite laughable but not as ridiculous as the people out there on Twitter saying that Hamilton should listen to these men of experience. Why should a three time world champion have to listen to two guys with bugger all wins between them? Sorry chaps, you have no idea of his media responsibilities compared to your day. 

/\ Caption competition!

"Toto, there's one bit of my body that didn't get burnt in that Nurburgring crash. Would you like to see it?"

Hearing Brundle and the like of Derek Warwick talk about how attending was an unwritten obligation is quite laughable but not as ridiculous as the people out there on Twitter saying that Hamilton should listen to these men of experience. Why should a three time world champion have to listen to two guys with bugger all wins between them? Sorry chaps, you have no idea of his media responsibilities compared to your day. 

/\ Caption competition!

"Toto, there's one bit of my body that didn't get burnt in that Nurburgring crash. Would you like to see it?"

D'you work out?

/\ Caption competition!

"I really thought Lewis would be up for it, perhaps the rumours aren't true after all"
    Ron Dennis talking about floating McLaren. Must be short of cash? 

• My dad went to another talk recently - the editor and features editor of Motorsport magazine, who've both been in F1 circles for 40 years.  He sent me a bunch of stuff they said (Kimi should've retired already, Lewis is incredibly dull to talk to, current aero regs are stupid, etc). But the most telling thing...

Apparently one of them overheard Bernie at a recent historic F1 thing in Monaco: "Isn't this great? How did I manage to fuck it all up?"

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Apparently one of them overheard Bernie at a recent historic F1 thing in Monaco: "Isn't this great? How did I manage to fuck it all up?"

Apparently Bernie would be happy if Mercedes and Ferrari just quit .. they are blocking change.