The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    I still say Rosberg to blame for me...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I watched it again, Rosberg didn't squeeze Hamilton and give him a chance to back off, he swerved at him giving no choice but to go onto the grass to try and avoid a collision. After the move you see Rosberg move towards the centre of the track again to get the proper line for the approaching right hand bend. Lewis couldn't keep control on the grass at that speed (they aren't rally cars) so ended up hitting Rosberg anyway. Stupidly aggressive and it cost Mercedes a DNF for both cars. 

Like or loath either driver but it was a dangerous bit of driving.  For all of Vettel's whining about Ricciado he didn't actually hit him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    And lo, did silly season begineth once again... Kimi out, Rosberg to Ferrari, Fred to Mercedes for one last fight with Lewis?

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I think Hamilton will leave Mercedes - he's won two world titles with the team but it looks like his crown will pass to Rosberg this year. Hamilton has made no secret of the fact he'd love to drive for Ferrari before he retires and we all know what happened the last time Hamilton and Alonso were team mates - Wolf won't want more headaches. Looks like Button's replacing Massa at Williams.

Rosberg's out of contract so of course he'll be talking to other teams as Mercedes usual stance is to wait until the end of the season. Although with the rule changes who is to say Mercedes will be the fastest. McLaren revival?

And I'll say it again - I don't think Rosberg's that good. There are three or four very good young drivers who I think would beat him were they in the same team with the same car.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396

Fretwired said:
    I think Hamilton will leave Mercedes - he's won two world titles with the team but it looks like his crown will pass to Rosberg this year. Hamilton has made no secret of the fact he'd love to drive for Ferrari before he retires and we all know what happened the last time Hamilton and Alonso were team mates - Wolf won't want more headaches. Looks like Button's replacing Massa at Williams.

Rosberg's out of contract so of course he'll be talking to other teams as Mercedes usual stance is to wait until the end of the season. Although with the rule changes who is to say Mercedes will be the fastest. McLaren revival?

And I'll say it again - I don't think Rosberg's that good. There are three or four very good young drivers who I think would beat him were they in the same team with the same car.
    I agree - Hamilton needs to move on for the good of the sport, and Rosberg needs to be properly challenged by other cars/drivers.

I think Button to Williams would be a good shout for his last team, however Alonso to Ferrari? Interesting.....

This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

I don't rate Rosberg, but prefer him to Hamilton and his bad attitude problem and I reckon he'll go at the end of the year to Ferrari. If Button goes to Williams, then could he be making the wrong move, given the car is improving? But I reckon Alonso will stay with McLaren because I don't think they'll want to get rid of Vettel.

Mind you, is there a chance that Ferrari could snap Verstappen up?

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    edited May 2016
    Ianpdq;1074220" said:
    I still say Rosberg to blame for me...

Agreed. Looking back, probably too busy sorting out his engine mode instead of watching his mirrors.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it

I don't rate Rosberg, but prefer him to Hamilton and his bad attitude problem and I reckon he'll go at the end of the year to Ferrari. If Button goes to Williams, then could he be making the wrong move, given the car is improving? But I reckon Alonso will stay with McLaren because I don't think they'll want to get rid of Vettel.

Mind you, is there a chance that Ferrari could snap Verstappen up?

I think Big Ron has told Button he won't get his contract renewed and that his seat will go to the young reserve driver. I don't think Alonso will go to Ferrari - he'll stay put or go to Mercedes if Hamilton jumps ship. Max Verstappen will stick with Red Bull - they have a fast car that's improving, deep pockets and a youth orientated brand.

In one way I'd be sad if JB went to Williams as it rules out any chance of another title. That said, it still gives him a reasonable shot at a podium or even a win, and it'd be great to see him up there in Williams overalls. 

Ron can fuck himself tbh.
    Surprised Ron's still there, TBH.

So, come on then guys, lets have some serious idle speculation!

Who's gonna win? Can Red Bull actually properly usurp the Silver Arrows? Or will Kimi or Seb nick the podium?

After that lap in P2 from Ricciardo, i'm hopeful he can do it.....
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Hamilton/Ricciardo/Verstappen I'd say the top 3 will be. Ferrari had massive issues with slow corner grip in Spain, so I think they'll struggle
    edited May 2016
    Ferrari never show their hand in testing.

Fretwired said:
    Ferrari never show their hand in testing.
    Seb had a shocker yesterday though, I think he was really struggling.
    I'm very much hoping for a Ricciardo win. Though with him getting the new engine the seemingly-rabid Verstappen fans will still be unable to accept that it would be due to anything other than than.
    Sadly, I still think one of the Mercs will get pole. And I reckon it'll be the B.A. Hamilton.

I'd love to see Ricciardo get it, though!

Cough, cough .. Vettel beats Hamilton in final practice .. ;-)

That has to be one of the smug posts ever. :-S

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Arse, I have Max in my fantasy F1 team, I was hoping for a huge haul of points from him over the weekend.
    Garthy said:
    Arse, I have Max in my fantasy F1 team, I was hoping for a huge haul of points from him over the weekend.
    There's rain forecast ...... more gremlins for Hamilton ....