The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Fretwired said:
    Garthy said:
    Arse, I have Max in my fantasy F1 team, I was hoping for a huge haul of points from him over the weekend.
    There's rain forecast ...... more gremlins for Hamilton ....
    In the league you also get points for Saturday.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Well, I just hope that Ricciardo can keep out front, and that nothing too drastic happens. I want the smug look wiped off Rosbergs mug and I want Princess Hamilton more dejected. That would be a lovely result :)
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27077
    It hath pissed down in Monte Carlo overnight. Not sure if that's good or bad tbh. I'd love to see Ricciardo take it, even better if he can grab the pole/win/fastest lap hat-trick. And I kinda want Max to crash again in the race just to shut his fans up a bit.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Rain ... yay ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Exciting race ....

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2919
    Have to say I think he deserved that.  To manage the tyres so well and hold off the opposition for so long takes some doing.

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    PC_Dave said:
    Well, I just hope that Ricciardo can keep out front, and that nothing too drastic happens. I want the smug look wiped off Rosbergs mug and I want Princess Hamilton more dejected. That would be a lovely result :)
    Well one of your wishes came to fruition.

That race was just magic. Championship is a lot tighter now too.
    And Rosberg is not a 'real' racing driver .. the look on Alonso's face at the end of the race. Rosberg couldn't overtake a pensioner on a mobility scooter ... :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Riccardio was robbed by his own team, what were they playing at? He must be feeling pig sick.
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    Bad attitude Hamilton? The guy's fine, always gracious unless there has been an obviously huge error that has gone against him. Magnanimous in victory too. Some people just don't like him, for whatever other reason...
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Don't make me laugh. And the bloke's a Bieber fan.......

And as for Red Bull, they get the wooden spoon for the worst pit stop I've ever seen. Ricciardo was robbed!

Good race though, I was shouting at the telly a few times!

I was barely able to watch that. Ricciardo was driving like a hero, his team fucked it up again for him. Hamilton only won because Red Bull screwed up.

Amazing result for Perez though! And some well earned points for McLaren.

Oh, and just for the record, I despise Hamilton even more now I know he's friends with Bieaver.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27077
    Ricciardo will be aching to steal Rosberg's seat now, won't he? Surely he won't want to stay at RB with this kinda shit! 

In other news Alex Rossi just won the Indy 500. Managed one less pit stop than the rest of the leading pack and ran out of fuel on the parade lap. Brilliant! He'll be back in F1 quite easily next year if he still wants it - his stock just went through the roof!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    PC_Dave said:
    ... Hamilton only won because Red Bull screwed up.

and Hamilton managed to do 1 less pit stop , and maintain position in front of Ricciardo , and make his softer tires last .

It was a monumental cock up by Red Bull but Hamilton did his fair share to win that race .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    sticker;1090563" said:
    PC_Dave said:

... Hamilton only won because Red Bull screwed up.

and Hamilton managed to do 1 less pit stop , and maintain position in front of Ricciardo , and make his softer tires last . It was a monumental cock up by Red Bull but Hamilton did his fair share to win that race .
    Well, yes, but the monumental lead that Ricciardo had built meant that if Red Bull hadn't cocked up the pit stop he would have stayed in front.

And as for Red Bull, they get the wooden spoon for the worst pit stop I've ever seen. Ricciardo was robbed!

Hamilton's got savy .. Mercedes will be smiling, Bernie will be smiling as pictures of Bieber and Hamilton are tweeted around the world. Great publicity for F1. No other driver has the marketing Savvy of Hamilton.

Ricciardo's gone down in my estimation - robbed? Hamilton could have overtaken him .. who knows what could have happened. Yes, his team cocked up but he's supposed to be a racing driver so why not have a go at Hamilton? Not fast enough? Well maybe Hamilton would have nailed him.

Fretwired;1090660" said:
    chillidoggy said:

Hamilton's got savy .. Mercedes will be smiling, Bernie will be smiling as pictures of Bieber and Hamilton are tweeted around the world. Great publicity for F1. No other driver has the marketing Savvy of Hamilton.

Ricciardo's gone down in my estimation - robbed? Hamilton could have overtaken him .. who knows what could have happened. Yes, his team cocked up but he's supposed to be a racing driver so why not have a go at Hamilton? Not fast enough? Well maybe Hamilton would have nailed him.
    Two races running where the team have let him down - totally agree with him.

Agree with you about the Hamilton marketing bonanza.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Fretwired;1090660" said:
    chillidoggy said:

We'll never know but Riccardio's fluffed pit stop cost him 10 seconds over a normal one. I really can't see Lewis making up that much ground, and then managing an overtake, without cooking his ultra soft tyres before the end of the race.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Whatever the outcome, it was one of the few times I was on the edge of my seat during a Monaco GP. I must have looked like some rabid footie fan.

Whatever the outcome, it was one of the few times I was on the edge of my seat during a Monaco GP. I must have looked like some rabid footie fan.
    Exactly :) At least it wasn't the usual boring procession!

Did anyone hear why Rosberg was so off the pace? I didn't hear any interviews with him, but I did hear David "Full of Fun Facts" Coulthard mention once that the Merc isn't as good when directly behind cars due to the dirty air causing a lack of downforce. Would have thought mechanical grip would have been more of a factor on this circuit, mind....