The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    That's just nuts ... a real driver's track as you'll need large balls to drive that fast and not hit a wall.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Fretwired;1099612" said:
    That's just nuts ... a real driver's track as you'll need large balls to drive that fast and not hit a wall.
    That's Verstappen screwed then
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited June 2016
    Anyone watching Canada?

What a start.

Vettel was on it.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27086
    Phenomenal from Vettel. His starts have been fantastic all year. 

With the change to more manual control of the start process I can only assume Ferrari have optimised it absolutely brilliantly. 

Vettel Ricciardo and Hamilton podium would be good
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Rosberg was fucking lucky to keep that car running.
    edited June 2016
    Great race .. Max Verstappen's the real deal stopping Rosberg overtaking ...

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2919
    Another good race.  Hamilton did well to make the tyres last, again.  Looking forward to Baku next week.

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Another good race.  Hamilton did well to make the tyres last, again.  Looking forward to Baku next week.
    I never thought I'd say this when that race was announced a few years ago, but I cannot wait for Baku!

I also cannot believe Hamilton has clawed back so many points so quickly- in the kitty litter in Spain 43 points behind and just two races later and 9 points behind. It looks like RBR and Ferrari have closed the gap considerably on Mercedes too.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    The more the season goes on, the more shaky Rosberg looks. Another good race for Verstappen, he looks a future champion.
    boogieman said:
    The more the season goes on, the more shaky Rosberg looks. Another good race for Verstappen, he looks a future champion.
    I thought that .. poor old Rosberg showed once again he's not a racer. Max did a brilliant job of making his car look like an HGV by positioning it perfectly. I wonder if the Mercedes board maybe thinking about getting a young Turk like Max to replace Rosberg. I think when Red Bull and Ferrari get their act together Rosberg will be found wanting. I don't think he's in the same league as either of the Red Bull drivers or Vettel.

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Max drove brilliantly - it was amazing to see him unsettle Rosberg so easily.

Agree that Rosberg needs to be careful otherwise he will end up at Manor before long....!
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Watched it this morning.

Full marks to Verstappen, and I thought Vettel put on a bloody good show, too. WTF was going on with Rosberg? It seemed that as soon as Hamster shoved him off the track off the start, it all went tits-up from there. Later one he put in a few cracking laps, but all to no avail as he'd slipped so far down by that point.

McLaren - do yourselves a favour. Stay at home until the Honda engine can last a race. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Button AND Alonso jump ship this year.

Overall, an OK GP, but like the rest of us I'm looking forward to Baku.

• BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 350
    Nice to see the boys all smiling a bit post-quali and post-race. It's ok to be passionate and care deeply about the results etc, but I get fed up of seeing lads in dream jobs looking so bloody miserable and serious all the time.
    edited June 2016
    Love that. Lewis & Seb are obviously really enjoying themselves this year, and clearly get on well. High hopes Ferrari can continue to close the gap and give us some close racing all season. 

It was dull when he was winning just by turning up, but I bloody love Vettel as a bloke lately. Just seems like an excellent person (when he's not in toy/pram mode at least!)
    Love that. Lewis & Seb are obviously really enjoying themselves this year, and clearly get on well. High hopes Ferrari can continue to close the gap and give us some close racing all season. 

It was dull when he was winning just by turning up, but I bloody love Vettel as a bloke lately. Just seems like an excellent person (when he's not in toy/pram mode at least!)
    I wonder what they'd be like as team mates?

Fretwired said:

AWESOME. The first words that spring to mind are "relentless" and "petulant" :D 
    Fretwired said:

AWESOME. The first words that spring to mind are "relentless" and "petulant" :D 
    Maybe Mercedes should poach Vettel to replace Rosberg ... :-)

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

How is it that the EUROPEAN GP is in Azerbaijan?

Does Bernie need a new atlas?

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

How is it that the EUROPEAN GP is in Azerbaijan?

Does Bernie need a new atlas?

He uses the same one as Eurovision.