Comments

• Mad Max takes Vettel out on the first lap

Ricciardo suffers puncture from debris and pits

Raikkonen too slow

Hamilton gets past him and wins!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    edited September 2017
     Verstappen, Hamilton, Ricciardo after Merc make it a 1 stop strategy being the quickest on yellow/soft tyres 
  • rocktron said:
    Mad Max takes Vettel out on the first lap

Ricciardo suffers puncture from debris and pits

Raikkonen too slow

Hamilton gets past him and wins!!!
    Crystal ball?
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Didn't see the start - did Mad Max take out Dick Dastardly?

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Nomad said:
    Didn't see the start - did Mad Max take out Dick Dastardly?
    Dick Dastardley took out Mad Max and the Flying Finn then dropped it on the next corner and trashed his car .... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Ferrari not happy ... ;-)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    More points on Vettel's licence with a bit of luck 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4828
    edited September 2017
    Racing incident, no one to blame 100% but Vettel needed a result and probably took too much of a risk to close off the challenge on his inside. Closing that wedge meant the crash was inevitable, not the first time he has done it either a la Schumacher. Ferrari need to lay off the drugs as if anyone was at fault Vettel started it in motion.

Brundle reckoned he dropped it due to coolant leaking on his tyres, bit of a rookie error if not. Hamilton put in an exceptional drive after that and took the opportunity presented him as best he could. Bout time the luck favoured him finally, usually ends up the other way around. His title to lose now. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Agreed. It was Vettel's fault in as far as he squeezed too much but he would never have expected Kimi to have got that good a start and be alongside Max, but didnt, so obviously didn't leave room for 2 cars. He did what almost every pole sitter does if they get a crap start, and usually it's not a problem. Losing 25 points to Lewis is plenty of a penalty
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4828
    edited September 2017
    Yeah he didn't deserve a penalty and glad he didn't get one, just a racing accident really. He should have been more cautious though considering the conditions, only has himself to blame in some ways. 

• I think it's a very fine line between a 'racing incident' and a driver error, Vettel caused the accident with his aggressive block, but I suppose it's easy to judge in slow motion and the cars rear visibility is probably not great.  Taking your team mate out and potentially wrecking your season is probably enough punishment in this case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It would have been wrong to penalise anyone - we need drivers on the edge which means mistakes will be made. The weather conditions brought the Mercs back into play with the cooler conditions and damp track. Vettel could well have struggled against a rampaging Hamilton - he was mighty quick off the line. The guy I feel sorry for is Alonso - mega start and then wiped out.

• Yeah I was glad they did a racing start rather than a cautious safety car one, thats what racing is meant to be after all. Gotta feel for Fernando for sure too.

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    "Crowding to the edge" of the track is one of those things that you can get away with at the start, until the guy you're trying to bully can't/won't give way.

Remember this one at Suzuka?  Worse than we saw this weekend, but inconsequential, relatively.  

To me it's reckless.  If cars are side by side, each car "owns" the piece of track they occupy, they shouldn't have to move because someone else is trying to take it.  It's not a corner.  
    Red Bull will race as Aston Martin Red Bull Racing from the 2018 season after agreeing a new title and innovation partnership with the iconic car manufacturer. Aston Martin looking to become an engine supplier.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One can only hope the Aston engine gets off to a better start than the Honda one.

• Torro Rosso are replacing Kvyat with Pierre Gasly with immediate effect!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So is this why Red Bull are getting into bed with Aston Martin? Mercedes engines?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/aston-martin/aston-martin-db11-v8-review/

edited September 2017

So is this why Red Bull are getting into bed with Aston Martin? Mercedes engines?

Mercedes own a chunk of Aston Martin. I don't think Aston will use Mercedes-based engines and Mercedes don't licence their tech so that companies can re-badge their engines in F1. Aston were eyeing up buying Cosworth and in July this happened .....

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/130554/aston-and-cosworth-join-f1-engine-meeting

I think it more likely an Aston/Cosworth tie up which could also head into the road car development.

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Fretwired said:

So is this why Red Bull are getting into bed with Aston Martin? Mercedes engines?

Mercedes own a chunk of Aston Martin. I don't think Aston will use Mercedes-based engines and Mercedes don't licence their tech so that companies can re-badge their engines in F1. Aston were eyeing up buying Cosworth and in July this happened .....

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/130554/aston-and-cosworth-join-f1-engine-meeting

I think it more likely an Aston/Cosworth tie up which could also head into the road car development.

To add to the headache, Daimler also have a stake in Renault/Nissan, although I think its tied up to the pension pot now.