The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1832
    BLIMEY! That was nearly exciting!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 535
    Chuffed to see Norris and George getting good places.
    Hamilton clearly needs to refocus on driving and stop spending all his time virtue signaling the next 'thing'. 
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4819
    I've not seen the Perez footage but fair play to him for cleanly beating his team mate this weekend. However Max should be penalised for crossing the line and if Sergio's footage is the same, so should he. The 5 second penalty is standard for that offence so Max should have been 4th. Why it was never investigated during the race I'll never know, it's a slam dunk and it was Max's own fault for sliding on throttle so he's bang to rights. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    TimmyO said:
    Blimey - half a car... 

The new cars are designed to do that - the gearbox section detaches.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited May 2022
    FastEddie said:
    Hamilton clearly needs to refocus on driving and stop spending all his time virtue signaling the next 'thing'. 

In fairness to Hamilton, his last Q3 run on Saturday was ruined by Perez's crash which caused a red flag. He was then stuck behind Alonso, a wily old fox who knows how hard it is to overtake at the Monaco GP so he just made sure his car was positioned in the right place. The quicker this circuit is dropped the better.

Russell and Norris look like potential world champions. I wonder if Toto has one eye on Norris to replace Hamilton when he retires.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3160
    tFB Trader
    I see that the FIA are still loving Red Bull then.......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    Marcus Ericsson won the Indy500 today.

Great strategy and the last few laps when he was under attack were brilliant.

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Boromedic said:
    I see that the FIA are still loving Red Bull then.......
    I expect the the FIA to side with RB against Merc but against Ferrari, that's definitely something new.
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    The overall standard of stewarding is actually getting worse, I did not believe this would be possible after last year and as such I am almost done with F1 in its entirety.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    :(

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279

Anyone remember Max Chiltern?

He was the UK commentator for the Indy500. He was reading out tweets and answering questions during the race.

He read one out from "Jack Meoff" and didn't notice!! :D 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    100% more exciting than the usual procession but as usual the Chilli prediction failed miserably. Perez played a blinder, Max got lucky due to the Ferrari fuck up, and Leclerc must be spitting feathers. Pretty sure Hamster was slow due to the weight of all his jewellery…..

• FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 535
    Fretwired said:
    FastEddie said:

In fairness to Hamilton, his last Q3 run on Saturday was ruined by Perez's crash which caused a red flag. He was then stuck behind Alonso, a wily old fox who knows how hard it is to overtake at the Monaco GP so he just made sure his car was positioned in the right place. The quicker this circuit is dropped the better.

Russell and Norris look like potential world champions. I wonder if Toto has one eye on Norris to replace Hamilton when he retires.
    I'd get rid of Hamilton and have those two young Brits. I think LH has lost his mind and is to self-obsessed. Any team who has him is doomed to pandering to his woke ideology.

George and Lando would be my two.

If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Electromatic
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7007
    It would have been a bit harsh to chuck both the RBs out for putting a wheel on the pit lane exit line, and a hollow victory for Leclerc.

Still, it’s been done before.  Consistency, consistency.

Can’t see Baby Schu getting another season.  He’s miles off Magnussen and costing Haas a fortune in car repairs.
    edited May 2022
    FastEddie said:
    Fretwired said:
    FastEddie said:

I'd get rid of Hamilton and have those two young Brits. I think LH has lost his mind and is to self-obsessed. Any team who has him is doomed to pandering to his woke ideology.

George and Lando would be my two.

Ok boomer......

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cols said:
    It would have been a bit harsh to chuck both the RBs out for putting a wheel on the pit lane exit line, and a hollow victory for Leclerc.

Can’t see Baby Schu getting another season.  He’s miles off Magnussen and costing Haas a fortune in car repairs.
    I don't think Perez was a slam dunk but the Verstappen one was, and it crucially got him ahead so yeah it's a question of consistency for me.

• musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
    edited May 2022
    Lando is making Daniel look very poor. I would love to see McLaren up there . Time for Daniel to go . I know he is a nice guy , but just not worth his 20m.
    I see RB complaining about budget . I wonder how much it cost to steal the Merc engineers
    Lando and George in Merc. Yes please ...
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Boromedic said:
    Cols said:

I don't think Perez was a slam dunk but the Verstappen one was, and it crucially got him ahead so yeah it's a question of consistency for me.

Yeah, but to be fair if Max even had so much as a hair out of place, you’d be yelling for a penalty!

Boromedic said:
    Cols said:

Yeah, but to be fair if Max even had so much as a hair out of place, you’d be yelling for a penalty!
    No I wouldn't TBF, I'm all for consistency and I've felt it's certainly been lacking in his case.