Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Hamster has removed his nose ring.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like P1 was a bit of a washout - lot of pressure gonna be on P2+3 now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7250
    Hamster has removed his nose ring.
    Someone managed to find an angle grinder for him then?

Welding a piercing in sounds bloody painful.
  • euaneuan Frets: 1601
    So, I’m not the only one who’s grown tired of all the gobbing off about everything else but the racing.
    In other news, Mansell did the Goodwood hill in his 92 Williams last weekend, and Seb will be driving it at silverstone this weekend, which is ace.
    Technically it’s Seb’s Red 5. 

Anyway if anyone cares, apparently in the same interview Piquet said something else that couldn’t be anything but racist in meaning followed by homophobia. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27612
    euan said:
    So, I’m not the only one who’s grown tired of all the gobbing off about everything else but the racing.
    In other news, Mansell did the Goodwood hill in his 92 Williams last weekend, and Seb will be driving it at silverstone this weekend, which is ace.

Anyway if anyone cares, apparently in the same interview Piquet said something else that couldn’t be anything but racist in meaning followed by homophobia. 
    Yes! I’d actually forgotten he’d bought it. Newley’s greatest design by far and possibly my favourite racing car. 

I saw that re Piquet today. Good to have it confirmed, I guess. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4232
    euan said:

Yes! I’d actually forgotten he’d bought it. Newley’s greatest design by far and possibly my favourite racing car. 

Just read that as well, and noticed a comment on the p-f1 article along the lines of “we’re turning off comments, as although most of you agree that there’s no place for this, some of you are using it as a chance to post your own racism and homophobia”. I really hate people sometimes.

Regarding Lewis’ comments about “Why are we giving airtime to these people”, I read it less as being to do with their age and more to do with the fact that they haven’t been involved in F1 for a long time. Martin Brundle is getting older, but he’s deeply involved every week, so in my mind his opinion is far more valid than (for instance) Jackie Stewart’s.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10384
    Old racist wankers and those who sympathise with tyrants shouldn't be given air time. I wholeheartedly agree screw them. I stand with Lewis on this one.

Now. One sleep to go!!!!! I cannot wait. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1601
    euan said:

Just read that as well, and noticed a comment on the p-f1 article along the lines of “we’re turning off comments, as although most of you agree that there’s no place for this, some of you are using it as a chance to post your own racism and homophobia”. I really hate people sometimes.

Regarding Lewis’ comments about “Why are we giving airtime to these people”, I read it less as being to do with their age and more to do with the fact that they haven’t been involved in F1 for a long time. Martin Brundle is getting older, but he’s deeply involved every week, so in my mind his opinion is far more valid than (for instance) Jackie Stewart’s.
    Actually having listened to fully what he was saying. He was also making a general point about how F1 is expanding into different markets and demographics and that more time should be spent listening and speaking to them. Rather than the (old farts) people newer audiences have no interest in. 

Kinda hard to disagree   
    Woo Hoo! 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    FP3 times more representative? Could be rain for Quali, though!

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4625
    Carlos bouncing around all over the place
    Verstappen looks fast! 
    It’s sheeting it down for quali!!

How many of you lot are there? 
    I feel like Juniper Networks shouldn’t keep comparing themselves to the AM Team, especially when they keep getting dumped out in Q1…
    Well done Latifi !!
    That was the best quali I'd seen for years
    It’s sheeting it down for quali!!

How many of you lot are there? 
    Me and my mate. It was okay really. I had a waterproof poncho thing.

DesVegas said:
    That was the best quali I'd seen for years
    Yea super exciting. 

edited July 2022
    I’m not sure I’d say best in years but it was certainly a good one. 

I hope Sainz can convert the win but feel like it’s probably Max’s race if it’s dry 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3956
    I’m not sure I’d say best in years but it was certainly a good one. 

I hope Sainz can convert the win but feel like it’s probably Max’s race if it’s dry 
    Highs of 21c and dry for Oxford tomorrow from 1300 onwards. That’s according to my iPhone though. 
    Met office currently saying 20-30% rain through the afternoon, so it's no impossible, but not plan A.