The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7145
    I see Nelson Piquet (Snr) has hit the twitter headlines - apparently last year when LH and MV crashed at Silverstone Piquet referred to LH as that "Little N****"

No comment from the FIA yet but the Brazilian press are reporting multiple sources so it appears true.
    Piquet’s always been a nasty piece of work.

His daughter’s dating Verstappen, which explains his antipathy towards Hamilton.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Juri Vips has done similar apparently. 

Disgusting.
    Both the FIA and Merc have made limpwristed generic statements condemning racism and discrimination without actually bothering to mention Piquet.

FIA:  “The FIA strongly condemns any racist or discriminatory language and behaviour, which have no place in sport or wider society. We express our solidarity with @LewisHamilton and fully support his commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in motor sport.”

Merc: “We condemn in the strongest terms any use of racist or discriminatory language of any kind. Lewis has spearheaded our sport's efforts to combat racism, and he is a true champion of diversity on and off track. 

"Together, we share a vision for a diverse and inclusive motorsport, and this incident underlines the fundamental importance of continuing to strive for a brighter future."

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1323
    Well they won't want to put themselves at risk legally so they won't use his name.

Same reason why Lewis hasn't (afaik?) responded?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27308
    edited June 2022
    sinbaadi said:
    Well they won't want to put themselves at risk legally so they won't use his name.

He has now: 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10309
    I've just been gifted Silverstone tickets for the whole weekend! I'm very excited. 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    I've just been gifted Silverstone tickets for the whole weekend! I'm very excited. 
    By Nelson Piquet?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    We were there for the sprint last year (Saturday) you're gonna have a great time!! 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27308
    DesVegas said:
    We were there for the sprint last year (Saturday) you're gonna have a great time!! 
    Ah shite, is it a sprint weekend again?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3913
    Let me know if you need a +1. Cheers. And another for my son, who would kill me if I went without him.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DesVegas said:

I read it's not on? 
    sinbaadi said:

The comments were made on broadcast footage.  Piquet has no grounds for deniability.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    DesVegas said:
    Ah shite, is it a sprint weekend again?
    I do not know that
    Cols said:
    sinbaadi said:

The comments were made on broadcast footage.  Piquet has no grounds for deniability.
    But he was speaking in Portuguese and apparently the word has two meanings, one meaning what it means and the other a term of affection… guess which way he will defend it.
    So I'm going with my mate for the qualifying and the race day. We wanted to stay over but it's not going to happen as everywhere is booked out. We're an hour and a half away so we're gonna have to drive up and back each day. No big deal I guess but we would have liked to have stayed locally.

I'm so excited! 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24681
    So I'm going with my mate for the qualifying and the race day. We wanted to stay over but it's not going to happen as everywhere is booked out. We're an hour and a half away so we're gonna have to drive up and back each day. No big deal I guess but we would have liked to have stayed locally.

I'm so excited! 
    Assume double the time at least.

When I used to go I aimed for getting to the circuit at the 7am opening time and had breakfast there, then wander round looking at the stuff until the race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    We generally do the same
    edited June 2022
    And what time do you normally leave each day? 
    edited June 2022
    Found a hotel for me and my mate about 35 mins away! £68!!!!!
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6199
    Simonh said:
    Cols said:
    sinbaadi said:

But he was speaking in Portuguese and apparently the word has two meanings, one meaning what it means and the other a term of affection… guess which way he will defend it.
    If only there was some context, some moment to which NP was reacting... maybe that would help us decide which way NP meant it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom