Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Furch?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Thanks Rog that’s encouraging - I’ve found a G23-CR in Exeter that’s 1250. It’s a 2011.

A bit pricey for 2nd hand, but if that's from a  dealer (Project Music?) and it comes properly setup, original case (Hiscox custom) and its in excellent condition then I'd make them an offer. I have one, just superb and sounds better in real life than the clip of Petteway you posted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a private sale. He won’t negotiate unfortunately. I was just going to suck it up and buy it if good, as still 550 quid cheaper than the lowest new price
  • It’s a private sale. He won’t negotiate unfortunately. I was just going to suck it up and buy it if good, as still 550 quid cheaper than the lowest new price
    If it's local and you can play and evaluate it, it's probably worth the extra ££.
  • Thanks Malcolm - I’ve since done my deep research and found out that Furch changed their bracing in 2011 and they started the ultra thin UV cured finish in 2017. So that 2011 model might have the old bracing and certainly won’t have the thin finish. Also it doesn’t seem to come with the Hiscox case and obvs no warranty, setup and 6 and 12 month checkups. So I’ve pretty much decided to get the new one from Richard’s. 

Gonna make the decision this weekend and hopefully get one very soon!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Do it! Furch are fabulous.
    FWIW, I got my Stonebridge/Furch from Richard's back in the day and he was absolutely fine with me. 
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5458
     So I’ve pretty much decided to get the new one from Richard’s. 

Good! Richards did all the hard work, you were very pleased with the Richards' experience, I'm pleased that they get the sale. That is only fitting. And from your point of view, that guitar is the one you liked best of all - that's usually the right one to buy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had my eye on a lovely walnut OM on eBay but someone has beaten me to it!