Fender Tone Master Pro Leaked

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    Watched the Andertons video that compares it with the Headrush, QC, Helix, and Kemper.  On my speakers, I'd definitely put it ahead of the Headrush and the Helix.  The Kemper and QC may be marginally better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3983
    crunchman said:
    Watched the Andertons video that compares it with the Headrush, QC, Helix, and Kemper.  On my speakers, I'd definitely put it ahead of the Headrush and the Helix.  The Kemper and QC may be marginally better.
    I’m pretty sure you could dial any of them in to sound as good, it’s hard to compare these units as there’s so many variables. I think the main challenges for this are the price and the longevity doubts in terms of updates and support. I hope it does well and they bring out more models like Line 6 did,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    HT986M2 said:
    Maybe I'm late to the party here, but has anyone else noticed the price has dropped already from £1699 to £1499?
    They are (or were) £1399 at Project Music (I think it's them). There was a link somewhere on here.

Imagine paying full price on the release day. I'd be sending it back.

I think the £1699 is the RRP, which most stores don't stick to, but recently I've noticed they are trying to sell at full price then they slowly drop it over a few weeks.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2170
    I reckon you'll see these selling at 700-800 used in no time at all. 

• I hope you’re right ……

Nerine said:
    I reckon you'll see these selling at 700-800 used in no time at all. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 241
    Does anyone have one yet and can they share their experiences. Specifically, in relation to how it fares tone wise compared to the Helix and or real world pedals and amps? Cheers
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    NickB said:
    Does anyone have one yet and can they share their experiences. Specifically, in relation to how it fares tone wise compared to the Helix and or real world pedals and amps? Cheers
    @JohnCordy has made videos about and has experience of Helix,etc, so his videos would be a starting place. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • John Cordys videos are great on the tonemaster - i do wonder whether he's the only one who owns one in the UK tho.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    Rhett Schull reviewed the tonemaster pro. He put it towards the bottom of the list in comparison to the other major modellers.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10428
    I watched another couple of demo videos of this new modeller and there seems to be something in the basic overdrive sound that grates a bit, almost like another kind of digital clipping distortion overlaid on the modelling one .. and I don't think that's user error as all guys I've seen demo'ing it are very experienced and know how to set a level. 

Could be something a firmware update could sort out but could be design issue which would be more of a problem. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    Seems the UK are not as keen on the system compared to the USA....I've spoken to a few mates who love their modelling/gear, and they like me can't see why it is so expensive for such a lacking list of amps/cabs/effects.

I think they rushed this out. The hype seems to have died off very quickly.

I'm more impressed with the little Line 6 HXONE.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    AndyJP said:
    Rhett Schull reviewed the tonemaster pro. He put it towards the bottom of the list in comparison to the other major modellers.

I'd put Rhett Schull towards the bottom of the list of guitar YouTubers.  Not at the very bottom.  KDH has a spot of his own.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    crunchman said:
    AndyJP said:

I'd put Rhett Schull towards the bottom of the list of guitar YouTubers.  Not at the very bottom.  KDH has a spot of his own.
    Yeah I don't listen to a word Rhett says. Definitely a typical salesman. 
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 220
    edited October 2023
    I don’t agree with everything he says either but I agree with him as to where the TP compares to the other modellers.

But the hardware is powerful so the plenty of scope for the software to improve with future releases 
  • A review in todays Guitarist......10/10.....they could have been objective for once if they'd watched the youtube vids
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4715
    A review in todays Guitarist......10/10.....they could have been objective for once if they'd watched the youtube vids

Presumably they tried it for themselves rather than relying on other people's opinions.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • rlw said:
    A review in todays Guitarist......10/10.....they could have been objective for once if they'd watched the youtube vids

Presumably they tried it for themselves rather than relying on other people's opinions.
    Nah they just did the usual and give anything even if its shit 9 or 10/10  :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fender are shifting these, it seems. So they've been trying to get them reviewed all over again.