Western Jam, Firebird Studios, Bristol, 25th February 2024

What's Hot

Comments

• People trying to touch my equipment 

I think I remember that gig story.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    I can do guitar or Bass on the likes of...

La Grange
     Hard to handle
     Rocks
     Teenage kicks
     Come together
     I love Rock N roll
     Entertainment.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 852
    People trying to touch my equipment 

I think I remember that gig story.
    Ah so you been crowd surfing then! ;⁠)
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2221
    edited December 2023
    There's an udated song list at the end of this email. As usual let me know if I've missed anything or made any errors.

Here are the updates

On bass for La Grange

2nd guitar on Rocks

I know you mentioned Guitar or Bass. I've put you down on Bass for the following songs. That's because Bass is a harder role to fill than guitar. Is that OK? We might be able to shuffle things around on the day, if someone fancies a go on Bass on any of these. For example, I might be able to swap onto Bass on some of them, if you want to play guitar on any.
    Hard To Handle
    Rocks
    Teenage Kicks
    Come Together
    I Love Rock N Roll
    That's Entertainment

If put myself down on 1st Guitar on the following:
    Hard To Handle
    Keep Your Hands To Yourself
    Come Together

and on Bass for the following
    Alright Now

I can probably do a few others, but I'm holding back at the moment, to see what holes might need filling (ooh err missus).

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
    edited December 2023
    @Brocco I wonder if we're ready to knock any on the head. I vote to ditch at least Comfortably Numb. I played lead on it last time and I'm sure it's a bit boring for everyone else.

It's not a competition.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 91
    @Brocco I wonder if we're ready to knock any on the head. I vote to ditch at least Comfortably Numb. I played lead on it last time and I'm sure it's a bit boring for everyone else.

We are certainly nearing crunch time for songs without a drummer or vocalist (or both). Before we pull the trigger and cut the list,  perhaps we could ask our vocalists to consider again those songs for which we have a drummer but no vox. I am somewhat assuming that any of the songs we did last time should be doable again, as we obviously had both a drummer and vocalist for those tracks.
  • Brocco said:

We are certainly nearing crunch time for songs without a drummer or vocalist (or both). Before we pull the trigger and cut the list,  perhaps we could ask our vocalists to consider again those songs for which we have a drummer but no vox. I am somewhat assuming that any of the songs we did last time should be doable again, as we obviously had both a drummer and vocalist for those tracks.
    A think @Jonathangus sang Comfortably Numb and Let's Dance at the last jam. As he sadly can't make it, maybe those two should go.
    It's not a competition.
  • Put me down to sing on anything I've done previously .Should help to clarify where we need to fill in the gaps.

• bobblehat said:
    Put me down to sing on anything I've done previously .Should help to clarify where we need to fill in the gaps.

That's briliant and will move things forwards. I'll include your vocal roles in the next update of the song list.

It's not a competition.
  • Have Great Christmas everyone,  Look forward to catching up with you all in the New Year.
    edited December 2023
    Yes have a great Xmas everyone.

This might be the last update for a few days, unless I can sneak away from the festivities without getting it in the neck from my wife.

There's an updated song list at the end of this post.

We now have @bobblehat down for vocals on the following. Let me know if I've got any wrong or missed anything. Also, let me know if it's becoming too much @bobblehat, but I expect some won't attract a full line up and will be dropped.

Survival Car
    Call Me The Breeze
    Just What I Needed
    Rock n' Roll All Night Long
    Rebel Yell
    Run To You
    Talk Dirty To Me
    Hard To Handle
    Fortunate Son
    Rocks
    Lil Devil
    Spread Your Love
    Gold On The Ceiling
    Keep Your Hands To Yourself
    Molly's Chambers

@bobblehat, let me know if there are any where you can play 1st or 2nd guitar as well. I think you played guitar on all of the ones you sang on last time.

**Image removed. See more recent post for the latest update of the song list**

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 852
    Happy Christmas everyone and even happier new year 
  • Merry Christmas chaps - take it easy, have fun and enjoy some time with family and friends xxx
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • It's not a competition.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5761
    Thank you. Yes, I’m interested in chipping in, let me know what I need to do?

Thanks @stratman3142

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

edited December 2023
    @Haych there's a list of songs a few posts back. Let us know whether you'd like a role in any. You can pick roles that are already taken, because we can do multiple run throughs.

We keep the songs where we can fill all the roles, and the others get dropped.

For guitar, you can go for 1st guitar (if you're feeling confident), 2nd guitar or just 'Play along'.

Or you can have a go at Bass, Vocals or Drums.

You can bring your own gear, or I'm happy to share mine.

It's not a competition.
    @Haych - welcome, I've added you to the list of attendees in the first post. Please check the list of songs as suggested by @stratman3142 and please nominate yourself for any you would like to play on (we are currently in the midst of trying to establish which of the tracks that have been suggested have the most interest and will then narrow the list accordingly).
    edited December 2023
    Having never picked up a Bass before, and in the spirit of helping out, am thinking that Fortunate Son might be something I could try (would need to borrow the kit though). 
    edited December 2023
    Brocco said:
    Having never picked up a Bass before, and in the spirit of helping out, am thinking that Fortunate Son might be something I could try (would need to borrow the kit though). 
    Anyone who wants to can use my bass and bass amp.

I'll put you down on bass at the next song list update.

It's not a competition.
    Thought it would help increase the number of tracks where all roles are covered if we all listed the songs we know from the list (as some have done already). I could cover 2nd guitar on these additional tunes:

Wishing Well
    Feel Like Making Love
    Rocking In The Free World
    Lil Devil
    Teenage Kicks
    Gold On The Ceiling
    Come Together