Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boss IR-2

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• I don’t understand what problem this pedal is supposed to solve…but I want one. I think someone at Boss has just discovered a recipe for GAS and put it in a pedal. 
    Solves a few things. 

1. Offers a silent practice solution for use with your existing pedalboard. 

2. Enables you to go direct to PA/desk at a gig and save lugging an amp with you. 

3. Also acts as a back up if you like to use an amp but have an unfixable problem with it like a valve failure at a gig. 

4. Enables you to link your device via aux in to play along to backing tracks. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Seems a bit of an odd form factor though. I guess you could use it to build a FRFR pedalboard…but I think most people would rather go with a full modelling solution for that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17620
    tFB Trader
    Seems a bit of an odd form factor though. I guess you could use it to build a FRFR pedalboard…but I think most people would rather go with a full modelling solution for that. 

They already do the IR-200, 1000 CORE and GT1000 so it's in every form factor.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    Leo Gibson has done a decent comparison of the two Boss IR-thingies. One video covers tones, the other is a feature round-up:

I'm currently having a lot of fun with the NUX Might Plug Pro, but am very tempted by one of these.
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 274
    thomasw88 said:
    Does anyone know what happens to the Effects loop when the pedal is in bypass?   Does that get muted or would pedals in it  still work?
    Reason being that if you want to have this pedal on a permanent pedal board but wanted to be able to plug into an amp instead of a mixer would you need change all the cables over?  
    I can confirm this is the case. The effects loop passes through while the pedal is in bypass.
  • i'll wait for the cheap behringer copy :)
  • i'll wait for the cheap behringer copy
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    midlifecrisis said:

i'll wait for the cheap behringer copy
    i'll wait for the cheap behringer copy 
    I don’t think it’s got delay built in
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 274
    edited January 13

Adding a photo of my IR-2 board to help anyone considering it alongside an amp. 

It’s running into the front of the Magnatone, but I disengage it when I’m not using headphones and just have the effects loop of the IR-2 passing through into the front of the amp. If I want to use the IR-2 as the preamp with the amp I just move the cable from the preamp to the effects return. 

Simple, flexible, and convenient. I’m very happy with it. 

Considering I’ve got the HX One in there, I can understand the argument to just get a Stomp and remove and other device, cables, etc… 

IMG_2235.jpeg 632.1K
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I've never seen the second hand market charge so much for a new release pedal, there's more than one person asking for £300 on Reverb. Conversely, Andertons have pushed the date for more stock back repeatedly, they're not expecting more until mid-March now.
  • VJIves said:
    I've never seen the second hand market charge so much for a new release pedal, there's more than one person asking for £300 on Reverb. Conversely, Andertons have pushed the date for more stock back repeatedly, they're not expecting more until mid-March now.

Asking and getting are 2 different things.

I sold mine at price I paid + p&p and it took over 2 weeks to sell

Someone sold one on here at £150 I think it was.

I don't think people are scalping on this like the Notaklons and other releases.

Most likely delayed due to now going the long way around africa due to Yemen
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    These will land in stock and prices will get back to normal. Boss will absolutely want to sell you one as soon as they can!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Yeah, all true. Reverb's average over the past few days is around £220, which I still find surprising. I guess Boss weren't expecting these to do so well initially? 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited January 19
    Sold mine on here for £5 less than what I paid for it and that included postage. Can’t see the point in being a greedy git. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2326
    I’m quite liking mine still. I did find a few irs that have opened it up quite a bit.  Reckon for my use case the first 6 channels ( clean to Brit) are usable. My use case is good clean with break up and a good overdrive sound for rhythm. Can use booster and another drive pedal for lead sounds.
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 319

Someone sold one on here at £150 I think it was.

That was me. 
    I wanted an easy sale, which I got. The buyer seemed happy enough with the deal. 
    Effectively cost me £30 to try it out with my Roland JC-22. Despite positve first impressions I could'nt get a a sound that liked. The issue is the amp rather than the pedal, everything sounded thin. 
    Shame really, as there are specific settings to use it with a Rolland JC amp. Sounded good through headphones mind - but I don't use headphones.
  • hadded03hadded03 Frets: 6
    edited January 26
    Good old Boss… 2 of them on this little practice board, just 45 years separating them!
    https://ibb.co/M28Cpjc

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I need to make time to compare Boss IR2 to NUX Amp Academy as I hope to go "amp-less" when play live again.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    hadded03 said:
    Good old Boss… 2 of them on this little practice board, just 45 years separating them!
    https://ibb.co/M28Cpjc

NICE!