Plant based chips?

What's Hot

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5113
    Chips cooked in beef fat are the best chips. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:
    Or how about the oddest regional chip shop thing I encountered, definitely northern this time - Chip Bap Pea Wet.   This involves pouring the left over juice of the mushy peas over your chips!!

gotta be Wigan that..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16915
    I was in Bolton at the time.

Just remembered another old factoid.  Apparently horse fat makes the best chips.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    WezV said:

I wonder if the chip shops in Hadfield (the location of Royston Vasey, in the Midlands) uses dripping?

FFS Hadfield is not in the Midlands. It's a few miles from Manchester.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29048
    WezV said:

Just remembered another old factoid.  Apparently horse fat makes the best chips.

I don't think I've ever seen a fat horse. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12028
    Just did a search on how many times I said the word traditional or traditionally in this thread.....lol

• SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    I just had chips for lunch, with a tin of mushy peas. Not only was that based on plants, but in about an hour or so, my piss will be vivid yellow/green.

That's plants for you.
    Snap said:
    WezV said:

I wonder if the chip shops in Hadfield (the location of Royston Vasey, in the Midlands) uses dripping?

FFS Hadfield is not in the Midlands. It's a few miles from Manchester.
    you're not wrong.   Neither am I  ;)

Sporky said:
    WezV said:

I don't think I've ever seen a fat horse. 
    The horse thing came from a book I read many years ago where one of the chapters is about the search for the perfect chip
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Who-Ate-Everything-Wanted/dp/0747260974
  • Where do chip based plants go in all this?
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19298
    WezV said:
    Or how about the oddest regional chip shop thing I encountered, definitely northern this time - Chip Bap Pea Wet.   This involves pouring the left over juice of the mushy peas over your chips!!
    Or the smack barm pey wet & a babby's yed...  ;)
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2563
    That was Peter Mandleson’s favourite
  • The fact that this thread is so long and some music threads die on their bums reminds me of why I left tfb for so long.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2949
    As a veggie I fully understand what "Plant based" means when I see it on a product, and it annoys me that it's a marketing term which has replaced the former and also perfectly well understood, Vegetarian & Vegan.  However this annoyance pails into insignificance when I see that this thread has run for almost 10 feking pages of this nonsense.  If you eat meat you don't care what they are cooked in and if you don't eat meat, you are likely to pay more attention.   Now, can we close this down and move back to arguing about toasters?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1625
    As a veggie I fully understand what "Plant based" means when I see it on a product, and it annoys me that it's a marketing term which has replaced the former and also perfectly well understood, Vegetarian & Vegan.  However this annoyance pails into insignificance when I see that this thread has run for almost 10 feking pages of this nonsense.  If you eat meat you don't care what they are cooked in and if you don't eat meat, you are likely to pay more attention.   Now, can we close this down and move back to arguing about toasters?
    Dualit for the win, obviously.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3254
    edited January 10

A good toaster has to be able to toast 4 slices of proper size bread - Mother's Pride, as well as doorstop thick slices, at the same time, with at the minimum browning controls for each pair of slices.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24614
      thumpingrug said:
     However this annoyance pails into insignificance when I see that this thread has run for almost 10 feking pages of this nonsense.
    Oh leave us alone...   We're talking shit about chips.  What else are we going to talk shit about - biscuits - again ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3254

A good toaster has to be able to toast 4 slices of proper size bread - Mother's Pride, as well as doorstop thick slices, at the same time, with at the minimum browning controls for each pair of slices.

It also has to be able to toast ''baps''.
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1625

But preferably not Mothers Pride which is not real bread, full of "flour improvers" and who knows if it's even plant based!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19298

I'd agree with you if you could name a toaster that could handle a whole stottie cake... mmmmmm, stottie.