I bet this is popular... Epiphone Dave Grohl DG-335

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• DumodalDumodal Frets: 489
    Lebarque said:
    Dumodal said:
    rossi said:
    You can get a  used Pelham blue gibson Midtown on ebay for a simialr price.I have one .
    I love the Midtowns but they are different guitars, while the body shape and the F holes might make you think its a 335 its definitely not, the sound is more Les Paul than anything, it doesn't have the airy nor the same construction as a 335, but I agree the Midtowns are incredible guitars for the money.
    I tried one of those at the Guitar Show and liked it, albeit hard to judge in that environment. They seem to get a bad rap though. Too thin sounding or summink.
    The 2015 I had sounded incredible I'm a big fan of the Burstbucker 1 and 2 (Some people dislike them) but was really nice, thin neck which I prefer and generally well constructed, the only dreadful thing was the Robo Tuners.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
    The shape looks all wrong to me - it's a bit fat everywhere, especially around the cutaways. It's gunna be a hit though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    As per the Chibson, I'd stick a trapeze tailpiece on it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    The shape looks all wrong to me - it's a bit fat everywhere, especially around the cutaways. It's gunna be a hit though!
    Classic Epiphone. The only officially licensed Gibson copies and they still don't get the shapes right.
    Tim
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    To be fair to them, the Gibson DG-335 is based on the mickey mouse ES body, whereas the TLs have the slinkier shape.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16099
    they look great to me
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    I heard someone asked one of these DG-335s how it could justify costing £1250 when Epi Semis start at about £300, it said, "What if I say I'm not like the others...?"
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Has anyone bought one?
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    Just watched Trogly's review of this guitar.  So OK, I've seldom seen him be uber-critical of virtually anything and he's usually unstintingly generous to most things out of the Gibson stable.  However, this was a pretty balanced and well-observed review.  His main conclusion was no, it isn't a Gibson but in terms of look and sound comes pretty close.  It's well made, well finished, has some 'premium' (irritating expression) f&f, and comes with a hard case.  In his view, $1299 represents good value because Epi could have knocked them out for a couple of hundred more and still sold as many.

No interest whatsoever in buying one but it was certainly an insightful review by Trogly's standards.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I imagine it was just a 'clickbait' video, but apparently a fair few customers have received them brand new with headstock cracks/breaks?
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    I imagine it was just a 'clickbait' video, but apparently a fair few customers have received them brand new with headstock cracks/breaks?
    Oh dear!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28228
    NelsonP said:
    Very cool guitar. Bit also so strongly associated with Dave Grohl that you'd feel a little self conscious playing one in public.

I'm not sure. To most people it's a big blue guitar. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Sporky said:
    NelsonP said:
    Very cool guitar. Bit also so strongly associated with Dave Grohl that you'd feel a little self conscious playing one in public.

I'm not sure. To most people it's a big blue guitar. 
    I'm trying to think of someone else who plays a big blue guitar now ;-)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    Is that the limited edition replica from when he fell off the stage?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom