tFB Merch! UPDATE: now with prices and card payments

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26593
edited February 29 in Off Topic
This year at The Guitar Show, we're trying something a bit new - merch that's both useful and guitar-related! There will (hopefully) be more to come, but first up...

...neck supports. The padded area is angled, so they should work with pretty much everything without danger of scratches. They will also be free, first-come first-served - I'll make sure we have 10-20 of them on each day.

Next up, I'm still working on the design, but we'll also have pedalboards available (some DIY required, but it makes sense from a functional perspective). We'll probably have to charge for those, but they will be free to any subscribers who show up and ask for one

PRICING UPDATE:

Neck Rests:

Members - free
Everyone Else - £5

Pedalboard Kits:
Subscribers - £5
Members - £10
Everyone Else: £15
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27525
    I like that you've acoustically treated the manufacturing room.  That's proper attention to detail

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    Any T shirts coming? I'm a sucker for a nice T-shirt.

And since my kids declared I was too old to wear band  / logo T-shirts I am of course buying more of them!

#DontTreadOnMe! 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Just a thought, maybe do one of those strap mounted pick holders like the Fretfunk ones, with a The Fretboard logo? Should be super cheap to make, and audiences would get to see them as well players. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393963234696
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295

And since my kids declared I was too old to wear band  / logo T-shirts I am of course buying more of them!

#DontTreadOnMe! 
    I think the history of this is that people on here get very snooty about T shirts demanding thread counts (or whatever it is). So I'd understand if the modmins thought they were too much hassle for the possible return (or worse having a loft full of unsold t shirts). Although I bought one of each (and I think I had a special staff member type one when I went on the stall at the show, a day obviously so successful that I've never been invited back!). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26593
    p90fool said:
    Just a thought, maybe do one of those strap mounted pick holders like the Fretfunk ones, with a The Fretboard logo? Should be super cheap to make, and audiences would get to see them as well players. 

Not a bad idea - I think that'd be best printed in TPU (a flexible, rubber-like filament), which I don't currently have any experience with. I'll certainly look into it for next year, though!
    <space for hire>
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822

#DontTreadOnMe! 
    What you need is a baseball cap! I think theres a few of those available.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

#DontTreadOnMe! 
    I think the history of this is that people on here get very snooty about T shirts demanding thread counts (or whatever it is). So I'd understand if the modmins thought they were too much hassle for the possible return (or worse having a loft full of unsold t shirts). Although I bought one of each (and I think I had a special staff member type one when I went on the stall at the show, a day obviously so successful that I've never been invited back!). 
    T-Shirts were a real PITA.

Finding a brand and deciding on a colour that would suit, and then getting them at a price to which we could add some sort of margin (without feeling uncomfortable about the price we'd then have to charge) - hours of work for probably <£100 added to the coffers.

Lee's new merch range will hopefully be better - though not if he just gives it all away  ;)

#DontTreadOnMe! 
    No shirts this year - the bulk of the budget is going to be refreshing the posters etc, hence me 3D-printing the merch myself ;) The wife's hoping to produce a few shirts for the people manning the stand, as a bit of a proof-of-concept using her crafting gear (I think she plans to use the Cricut, but I'm not exactly sure how that's going to work).

If that works out, then we'll basically have a full in-house manufacturing facility :)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:

#DontTreadOnMe! 
    What you need is a baseball cap! I think theres a few of those available.
    The idea of those was that people visiting the show would wear them whilst they were walking around the stands;
    1. Easy to spot another tFB member, stop and have a "proper" chat
    2. Great for raising awareness of the forum amongst the other exhibitors (great for our industry profile/recognition) and other visitors (prompting other signups)
    The caps were only available at the show, they weren't sold via the forum like the t-shirts.

But "I never wear baseball caps" or "have you got any other colours instead" really sunk that idea ... :(
    TTony said:

Lee's new merch range will hopefully be better - though not if he just gives it all away  ;)
    In case anybody's wondering, @TTony gave me a damn good talking to on this point :D

The neck supports will be freebies, but partly as a testing group - I think they're perfectly well up to the job, but I'll be after feedback on them after they've been in use for a while.

Eventually, the end goal is to have a whole range of useful merch that's both cheap and raises some decent funds for the forum - but also fairly economical, because I can print to order rather than having to buy in bulk in the hope that I can shift them.

It just so happens that might also be sufficient justification for me buying another 3D printer... ;)
    <space for hire>
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    p90fool said:

Not a bad idea - I think that'd be best printed in TPU (a flexible, rubber-like filament), which I don't currently have any experience with. I'll certainly look into it for next year, though!
    It seems to be some kind of off the shelf plastic extrusion, maybe for window seals or something? I wouldn't be surprised if it's available by the metre.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    I was rather hoping for a tFB posing pouch (vegan of course) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • This year at The Guitar Show, we're trying something a bit new - merch that's both useful and guitar-related! There will (hopefully) be more to come, but first up...

...neck supports. The padded area is angled, so they should work with pretty much everything without danger of scratches. They will also be free, first-come first-served - I'll make sure we have 10-20 of them on each day.

Next up, I'm still working on the design, but we'll also have pedalboards available (some DIY required, but it makes sense from a functional perspective). We'll probably have to charge for those, but they will be free to any subscribers who show up and ask for one
    .I definitely think the neck supports have a future.I would buy one now.Keep up the good work 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11723
    I hope the neck supports are available in time for my next flight at the start of March.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    edited January 29
    T shirt ideas.

I had my piss boiled at www.thefretboard.co.uk

Go BoJo/ JoBo bashing at www.thefretboard.co.uk

Crucify Chappers at www.thefretboard.co.uk

Need pro car buying advice? Visit www.thefretboard.co.uk now!

Floundering defence minister? Need war cabinet advice? Visit www.thefretboard.co.uk today.

No thanks/payment needed.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    bertie said:
    You can't keep your meat 'n' two veg in a vegan posing pouch!  :o

• Offset said:
    I hope the neck supports are available in time for my next flight at the start of March.
    I’ll take two please!
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    edited January 29
    Wrestling masks would be good, la mexicana style

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4168

#DontTreadOnMe! 
    Absolutely   The clientele on here is more Fretboard Smoking Jackets ,Cravats 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Nitefly said:
    bertie said:
    You can't keep your meat 'n' two veg in a vegan posing pouch!  :o

who said it was for me ;)

Offset said:
    I’ll take two please!

??

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.