tFB Merch! UPDATE: now with prices and card payments

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    TTony said:
    Any T shirts coming? I'm a sucker for a nice T-shirt.

And since my kids declared I was too old to wear band  / logo T-shirts I am of course buying more of them!

#DontTreadOnMe! 
    I think the history of this is that people on here get very snooty about T shirts demanding thread counts (or whatever it is). So I'd understand if the modmins thought they were too much hassle for the possible return (or worse having a loft full of unsold t shirts). Although I bought one of each (and I think I had a special staff member type one when I went on the stall at the show, a day obviously so successful that I've never been invited back!). 
    T-Shirts were a real PITA.

Finding a brand and deciding on a colour that would suit, and then getting them at a price to which we could add some sort of margin (without feeling uncomfortable about the price we'd then have to charge) - hours of work for probably <£100 added to the coffers.

Lee's new merch range will hopefully be better - though not if he just gives it all away  ;)
    T shirts are black.

All of them. No others exist. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    T shirts are black.

so much fail

black t-shirt = beavis and butthead. 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3075
    I'd definitely pay for a TFB neck support now. I'll be at the show but I know they'll have all gone. Great idea lads.

Get @Sporky to AI design the Ts.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6822
    bertie said:
    T shirts are black.

so much fail

black t-shirt = beavis and butthead. 
    White tshirt = Rab C Nesbitt?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26593
    Pedalboard ahoy! Just doing a bit of prototyping today, should be able to get a full board put together with cable management tomorrow (in theory).

They really do look better in person, my damn phone seems to love highlighting all the imperfections.

Assuming they're as rigid as I'm expecting, production will commence on Monday. These are somewhat more expensive to produce than the neck rests, so the kits (including all the screws, and cable management bits) will probably be £10 each. However, given that the point is to raise funds for the forum coffers, I'll probably have a deal in place for subscribers.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1833
    Look great, I'll be waiting for details.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27525

Those look better than I'd expected!

For the person who hasn't already worked it out - you fit your own cross pieces into the slots on the inside of each end piece and fix them into place with screws/bolts through the holes.  Which means ... you can make pedalboards just the right size (until you buy the next pedal) and/or swap between the big board and the really big board depending on the situation.

:+1:
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DuploLicksDuploLicks Frets: 257
    Pedalboard ahoy! Just doing a bit of prototyping today, should be able to get a full board put together with cable management tomorrow (in theory).

This is brilliant. What about an amp wedge which wouldn’t be too far off the pedal board design?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5503
    Will these be available to us mortals who won't be at the show?
    DiscoStu said:
    Will these be available to us mortals who won't be at the show?
    Very possibly - it depends on two things:

1 - How many there are left after the show
    2 - If there's enough demand for me to print a new batch.

I don't really want to be printing a couple here, a couple there - I'd much rather make 20 in one go as soon as I've got demand for 10 of them, if you see what I mean. If it does turn out to be popular, though, I'll certainly be up for that!

This is brilliant. What about an amp wedge which wouldn’t be too far off the pedal board design?
    Yep, that's a distinct possibility. Would have to be a bit more substantial, mind, and the problem there is one of scale (ie the printer itself limits the size of the piece...I'll have a think about how that might work, though).
    <space for hire>
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5380
    Nitefly said:
    bertie said:
    I was rather hoping for a tFB posing pouch (vegan of course) 
    You can't keep your meat 'n' two veg in a vegan posing pouch!  :o

He can if he's only got the two veg.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 775
    This a massive step up from my tFB cardboard beer mat. Looking forward to seeing this in the flesh. Kudos 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8707
    DuploLicks said:  This is brilliant. What about an amp wedge which wouldn’t be too far off the pedal board design?
    Yep, that's a distinct possibility. Would have to be a bit more substantial, mind, and the problem there is one of scale (ie the printer itself limits the size of the piece...I'll have a think about how that might work, though).
    Would the side pieces print flat? The cross piece could come in different lengths. What I like about this design is that it packs flat for transport.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Roland said:
    DuploLicks said:  This is brilliant. What about an amp wedge which wouldn’t be too far off the pedal board design?
    Would the side pieces print flat? The cross piece could come in different lengths. What I like about this design is that it packs flat for transport.

The main problem I see with an amp stand is that 3D prints are usually very strong in one or two directions, but not all. With up to 40kg of (very expensive) amp resting on it, I'm going to be more than a bit concerned about liability ;)
    <space for hire>
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 359
    I'd definitely be interested in grabbing a neck rest if available after the show.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

Another quick update, just a test fit of the parts (since I finally got round to finding my old manual mitre saw):

It's amazingly rigid - I couldn't twist it from the ends at all, despite trying so hard that I'd also have expected the slots to break! It's also really lightweight, which was part of the design goal, so the printed parts are only about 200g between them.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Where do I buy one?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 285
    Please may I join the queue to buy an amp stand for my TMDR (10.4 KG, 23lb).  It will be much smarter and probably a lot sturdier than the tiny table it currently sits on, perfect for my home use. 

No guarantee of strength or durability expected or required. 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4527
    That looks very cool.  Are the bars 3-D printed as well?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

That looks very cool.  Are the bars 3-D printed as well?
    No - standard sized timber from your local B&Q.

You cut to whatever length you want for your pedal board.

Or you have a big one and a small one for different needs ...

:+1: