Gibson Garage, London...

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6908
    mark123 said:
    I look at it like Bullys special prize when they missed out on 101 with 6 darts " look what you could have had " ......
    Just c@ck tease yourself playing a £8000 Custom shop Gibson , put it back on the stand and go home to your either standard Gibson or Chinese Epiphone and playing it seems worse since playing that £8k custom.
     ....Personally i'd walk straight past it...
    I think youre missing the point. It’s a T-shirt store where you can play expensive guitars! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    mrkb said:
    mark123 said:
    I look at it like Bullys special prize when they missed out on 101 with 6 darts " look what you could have had " ......
    Just c@ck tease yourself playing a £8000 Custom shop Gibson , put it back on the stand and go home to your either standard Gibson or Chinese Epiphone and playing it seems worse since playing that £8k custom.
    I think youre missing the point. It’s a T-shirt store where you can play expensive guitars! 
     =) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Outlet.  
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2513
    It’s where you go to play an £8k custom shop before finding various reasons why your Harley Benton is a better guitar
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 252
    I went there a couple weeks ago and didn’t rate it tbh.  A tourist hotspot.  And what’s up with the headphones and amps.  Sounded bloody terrible.  I don’t know if u can play without the headphones. Some sound proof rooms would have been way better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11465
    Th4fonz said:
    I went there a couple weeks ago and didn’t rate it tbh.  A tourist hotspot.  And what’s up with the headphones and amps.  Sounded bloody terrible.  I don’t know if u can play without the headphones. Some sound proof rooms would have been way better. 

All the amps are Mesa Boogie from the pictures as well.  That isn't going to help.
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3296
    elstoof said:
    It’s where you go to play an £8k custom shop before finding various reasons why your Harley Benton is a better guitar
    It's two reasons isn't it? A bridge one and a neck one.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    I got a t shirt and some picks. Cool shop. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 994
    I didn’t know there was a Gibson App: https://www.gibson.com/en-GB/Gibson-App
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2377
    duotone said:
    I didn’t know there was a Gibson App: https://www.gibson.com/en-GB/Gibson-App
    Thanks for posting that, hadn't seen it before.  The 9yo is learning guitar, so we'll try this in the holidays.
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3040
    We where down in London for yesterday and today, visited the Gibson Garage today, and it was nothing short of brilliant.  It wasn't just me who had a great time there but also the girlfriend and my kid, and they almost talked me into ordering a custom spec Les Paul, something which you can do in store, as well as pick your own woods and even hardware.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SixStringSageSixStringSage Frets: 135
    We where down in London for yesterday and today, visited the Gibson Garage today, and it was nothing short of brilliant.  It wasn't just me who had a great time there but also the girlfriend and my kid, and they almost talked me into ordering a custom spec Les Paul, something which you can do in store, as well as pick your own woods and even hardware.
    Agree, it's a great place and all the feedback I've seen has been unanimous — I can understand people who haven't been assuming that it'll be something different, but it's very relaxed, staff are really friendly, you can play anything with no pressure to buy, and it's a pretty unique experience for guitarists because Gibson has clearly made it full in the knowledge that it's a hassle-free place to play and develop some affinity for the brand. It's not quite the same as going to a regular guitar store where, yes, you can play a wider variety of guitars but few of them will have the more expensive models and many are quite cagey about letting visitors play guitars without a watchful eye or sales pressure
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    I went there yesterday, for the first time ever I saw some guitar tshirts I quite liked - but they were £54.  I was also stood on my own looking at the murphy lab stuff and a security guard walked round the corner and stared at me while holding his ear like an FBI agent and said "yes, I've got eyes on him now." he could have only meant me so why I aroused suspicion I don't know.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SixStringSageSixStringSage Frets: 135
    mark123 said:
    The entire lower floor is dedicated to Epiphone, with a separate room for Kramer. The shop isn't a cynical showcase for Custom Shop models, and the CS area is both small and tucked away. 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2182
    mark123 said:
    The entire lower floor is dedicated to Epiphone, with a separate room for Kramer. The shop isn't a cynical showcase for Custom Shop models, and the CS area is both small and tucked away. 
    I think it’s clear the post you quoted and accurately responded to is a load of nonsense. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4869
    munckee said:
    I went there yesterday, for the first time ever I saw some guitar tshirts I quite liked - but they were £54.  I was also stood on my own looking at the murphy lab stuff and a security guard walked round the corner and stared at me while holding his ear like an FBI agent and said "yes, I've got eyes on him now." he could have only meant me so why I aroused suspicion I don't know.
    They must know you prefer Teles? ;)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Boromedic said:
    munckee said:
    They must know you prefer Teles? ;)
    I was mainly thinking how awesome a fender equivalent shop would be.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28652
    munckee said:
    S'probbly because you're so pretty. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    munckee said:
    I remember some american chaps in the deep south commenting on how pretty my mouth was, which I thought was jolly kind of them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11944
    munckee said:
    Sporky said:
    munckee said:
    I remember some american chaps in the deep south commenting on how pretty my mouth was, which I thought was jolly kind of them.
    Was this in a place called Deliverance?
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom