Gibson Garage, London...

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkb said:
    I think it is a really good tourist attraction, they are planning to sell loads of t-shirts and picks to tourists who are visiting London. 

At the same time, it might be a good place to try a few very expensive murphy labs unless it is not super busy all the time. 
    If the finish falls off while you are trying them out, are you obligated to buy ?
    only if you stick gaffer tape on. Same as happens with all nitro.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11723
    Cesar has managed to get himself on BBC News today pushing the GG.  He seems to have raided Boy George's extensive hat collection specially for the occasion.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11765
    Sporky said:
    To be fair, it looks nicely done, and far more welcoming than most guitar shops. 
    I cant see anyone noodling while ignoring customers, or indeed standing in a group in the corner talking about what bands are shit and ignoring customers...

It's barely a guitar shop at all by that measure...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1131
    DDtB said:
    Hard to watch this and not think Les Pauls are still cool!  https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3vvYaES-rF/?igsh=c3RhaHE5eHc1MzBh
    Slash is not cool. He never was. 

You're in the minority there matey.  From where I sit, that comment wins the award for being the most incorrect thing posted on the internet today.
    But @Musicman20 has seven Wis to your 3. Who's in the minority? Guns 'N' Roses were a parody of a rock band, even when they were new. Not cool.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Offset said:
    Cesar has managed to get himself on BBC News today pushing the GG.  He seems to have raided Boy George's extensive hat collection specially for the occasion.
    EUGHHHHH.

That guy is also not cool. 

Obviously knows business, but please don't try to be cool. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Offset said:
    EUGHHHHH.

That guy is also not cool. 

Obviously knows business, but please don't try to be cool. 
    I hope the hat flew 1st class

https://nypost.com/2016/03/06/semi-private-planes-new-first-class/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    I've just seen my friend Cris is working at the new store. Spotted her on the Instagram video, so messaged her and she is working there now. 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibe said:
    I've just seen my friend Cris is working at the new store. Spotted her on the Instagram video, so messaged her and she is working there now. 
    Hurrah... I'm guessing that means we all have a tenuous link to a staff discount!?  :)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I went and spent 2.5 hours there yesterday - I have to admit I had a really enjoyable experience and got to try quite a few Les Pauls and SGs. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - I’ve had some off putting experiences in Denmark street at some stores and this was very refreshing. Also after trying the mesa bad lander 50 and mk v after quite some period I’m quite glad I didn’t go for those two amps. The Epiphone section downstairs was nice - lots of models to try. I must say the greeny and the Matt heathy sig are really nice. Especially the greeny really liked that. But the stand out one was the new Les Paul supreme- absolutely spectacular guitar.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Equally the the made to measure section is pretty cool, with all the top woods to choose from and the components.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    I went and spent 2.5 hours there yesterday - I have to admit I had a really enjoyable experience and got to try quite a few Les Pauls and SGs. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - I’ve had some off putting experiences in Denmark street at some stores and this was very refreshing. Also after trying the mesa bad lander 50 and mk v after quite some period I’m quite glad I didn’t go for those two amps. The Epiphone section downstairs was nice - lots of models to try. I must say the greeny and the Matt heathy sig are really nice. Especially the greeny really liked that. But the stand out one was the new Les Paul supreme- absolutely spectacular guitar.

Maybe a stupid question but can you actually buy say the LP Standard you tried 
  • I went and spent 2.5 hours there yesterday - I have to admit I had a really enjoyable experience and got to try quite a few Les Pauls and SGs. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - I’ve had some off putting experiences in Denmark street at some stores and this was very refreshing. Also after trying the mesa bad lander 50 and mk v after quite some period I’m quite glad I didn’t go for those two amps. The Epiphone section downstairs was nice - lots of models to try. I must say the greeny and the Matt heathy sig are really nice. Especially the greeny really liked that. But the stand out one was the new Les Paul supreme- absolutely spectacular guitar.

My Friend bought a Red Supreme from there yesterday. Looks lovely.  
  • That maybe the one I tried  - that guitar was stunning. That is a great guitar 
  • Yeguitars4you said:
    I went and spent 2.5 hours there yesterday - I have to admit I had a really enjoyable experience and got to try quite a few Les Pauls and SGs. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - I’ve had some off putting experiences in Denmark street at some stores and this was very refreshing. Also after trying the mesa bad lander 50 and mk v after quite some period I’m quite glad I didn’t go for those two amps. The Epiphone section downstairs was nice - lots of models to try. I must say the greeny and the Matt heathy sig are really nice. Especially the greeny really liked that. But the stand out one was the new Les Paul supreme- absolutely spectacular guitar.

Maybe a stupid question but can you actually buy say the LP Standard you tried 
    Yes you can - it’s an actual guitar shop as well. They have all the exclusives on the website in the shop to try and buy
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    I think it is a really good tourist attraction, they are planning to sell loads of t-shirts and picks to tourists who are visiting London. 

At the same time, it might be a good place to try a few very expensive murphy labs unless it is not super busy all the time. 
    £80 some of the t shirts, absolutely ridiculous. 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • It is to stop plebs like me buying them!
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    My daughter said I’m not taking you there to spend mine and my brothers inheritance  =)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2161
    Least you can try out some new Boogies, there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Called in there yesterday & thought it was really good. Spent about 30mins looking around there, but didn’t play any guitars.  I bought a t-shirt, acoustic guitar strings & a 12 pack of plectrums.  
    When I went to the till, the guy serving asked me if I tried any guitars & that I was welcome to next time I was in there, they encouraged people to try out the instruments. 
    All of the guitars/amps were being tried out through headphones, so it was pretty quiet in there, with some music just playing over the store speakers. 
    Definitely worth a visit, my non-guitar playing friends enjoyed looking around there & there is even a Ms. Pac-Man arcade machine in the basement Kramer room.

I popped into Yamaha Music London after, which is just a 5 minute walk away.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Went a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great.  No pressure other than to try, not buy, a guitar I liked a lot.

Even mrsrlw enjoyed the place and got a sense of what Gibson does and why, and why we all need more than one guitar.

Recommended.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.