New Line 6 pedals!

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    There are a few videos up. $179 by the look of it, whatever you think that will be in the U.K. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 379
    edited March 5
    POD Express Guitar | POD Express Bass FAQ
    1709662824311png

What’s POD Express?
    POD Express Guitar and POD Express Bass are spiritual successors to the classic bean-shaped POD, Bass POD, and Pocket PODs—a pair of ultra-portable and affordable battery-powered multieffects that sound great and are ridiculously easy to use. If you’re just beginning your guitar or bass journey, or if you’ve been curious about modeling before, POD Express is the perfect way to jump in—no screens, just turn knobs. It’s compact and light enough to practice or write songs anywhere—the beach, the campground, the green room, your in-laws’… In a pinch, you could also use it as a backup/third rig.

And each POD Express is only $179.99 US street.

What amps and effects do they have?
    Seven amp models, seven IR-based factory cabs, and 17 effects (up to four available at once, including a looper), all curated from POD Go and Helix/HX. A full list can be found starting on page 18 of the User’s Manual here.

Can I store presets?
    Yes. POD Express has a total of 21 preset locations.

How do I control this thing with only two switches?
    By default, ON turns the amp, cab, and effects on and off and TAP/TUNER sets the tempo, but you can repurpose either switch (plus up to two external switches) to turn individual effects or the amp modeling on and off. Pressing both ON and TAP selects Preset Up/Down mode. We expect most people to keep this on their desk most of the time anyway. The switches are there just in case you need POD Express as an emergency backup for a gig.

How do I control this thing with only five knobs?
    Hold ALT and turn the knobs to access the amp’s Gain, tonestack, and channel volume; it can be done with one hand. There are additional secret functions hiding in there as well for more sophisticated users.

Is there an audio interface?
    Yes, there’s a 4-channel audio interface built in with reamping. You can record to Macs, PCs, iPhones, iPads, and Android devices. You can even jam along with YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, or calls from your mom.

How is it powered?
    POD Express ships with three AA batteries, which’ll give you about 6 hours of play time, but it also supports rechargeable AAs. Or use the Line 6 DC-1 power supply (sold separately) or your favorite 9V power supply or power brick (150mA or greater).

What’s the difference between POD Express Guitar and POD Express Bass?
    Other than the amp/cab/effects set, chassis color, and silkscreen, nothing.

Why is the chassis plastic?
    The name of the game here is portability and affordability. POD Express is the spiritual successor to Pocket POD, which also has a plastic chassis.

Why aren’t there XLR outs, stereo effects loops, IR loading, variable input impedance, MIDI, tubes, and a cupholder?
    Because POD Express isn’t made for the type of guitarist who needs that stuff. And it’s $179.99.

Why’d you give us two simpler multieffects instead of [insert imaginary expensive flagship here]?
    Line 6 cut its teeth on easy-to-use multieffects and we wanted something that, like the original POD, would incentivize guitarists—especially those new to digital or even new to the instrument—into playing more often and in a wider variety of environments.

When are POD Express Guitar and POD Express Bass available?
    Very soon.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    That looks like a great update of the original Pod concept!

Great stuff.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9822
    Sort of like the (excellent) Catalyst amp preamp with different drive effects, I think? Looks cool
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1125
    edited March 5
    Ooh I like those! 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27135
    Neat! Looks like the ultimate get out of jail spare rig for a gig! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    £190 preorder on Thomann. 4 to 5 weeks. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24454
    “Priced to gift” is one of the worst bits of advertising copy I’ve ever seen.

Nobody is giving £190 gifts when inflation is as stupid as it is.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298

Unfortunately that also jumped out at me. When I’d finished wiping the vomit from around my lips :smirk: I thought maybe it makes more sense for Americans who are paying about £140 for them. Hopefully the U.K. price will come down later. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    Looks a great little unit.

I’m tempted for the battery/headphone option for practicing but it’s got so much more going on.

Turning the amp sim off, you could up to four effects into an amp and it has 21 presets. That’s pretty impressive.
  • Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 379

Noted. Updated. Had no idea they were so much more expensive on that side of the pond. Bleh.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • onlyatomonlyatom Frets: 31
    Oh nice, I have a HX Stomp as a backup to my Helix, this could be a much easier solution! Excited to hear some demos.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4149
    FFS, I’ve got a Stomp arriving this week… I suspect one of these could easily meet my use-case of glorified recording interface with a simple interface! Ah well, I’ll see how I get on with the HX, this does look cool though but I miss the kidney bean shape :mrgreen: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This looks great. Ticks a lot of boxes. I’ve been looking for a practice solution like this: batteries, looper, aux in (via usb-c), simple and easy to dial sfx with some presets. Nice evolution of the format.

Don’t discount the bass version for guitar too as it has some synth effects from the FM-4.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1658
    no compressor..  shame as they are extremely handy with clean tones..  maybe it'll come in an update somehow..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 6
    I  like the fact you can plug in a dual footswitch to it and I think you can turn off individual effects that way (or whatever else you want to assign to the customisable footswitches).  

This is perfect for people like me who don't need hundreds of amp sims, dirt types, modulations, delays.  My HX stomp is amazing but I only ever need two patches on it.  Most days I just want to quickly plug in and choose effects in a matter of seconds with a  simple turn of some dials and start recording loops.  Don't want to scroll through so many options and press so many buttons.  Takes the spontaniety and fun away from experimentation.    
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1389
    This looks really cool. Could also act as a swiss army type pedal and compete against the M5.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    This looks really cool. Could also act as a swiss army type pedal and compete against the M5.
    Yeah, I’ve just bought a HX One and despite it having more and superior effects, I do suspect this could do most of what I actually need and a bit more.
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1747
    It's an updated version of this, which sits on teh floor and has a USB interface.

Which is frankly pretty snazzy - i still keep my pocket pod express in my bag just in case my amp dies at a gig. Still sounds pretty good in 2024 however these new ones will be way better and could be tempted.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2908
    edited March 6
    I think it's cool and has a some nice features missing from other units such as the ability to turn on/off individual effects, edit presets easily with the ring light to show settings etc. Only thing I think it's missing is being able to swap out the IR for one user IR per amp. Sounds pretty good in the demos with the included IRs though, but I like my York IRs and trust them! Would like to AB it against a Boss IR-2. I think the FX in this might put it in the lead for me as I don't have any "nice" pedals and the Line 6 FX sound great to me with nice simple controls for minimum faff.