New Line 6 pedals!

What's Hot

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    What it misses though which the original Pocket Pod had (and the Boss is the same) is a line in / bluetooth for playing along to music. I got a Spark Go in their black Friday sale, and whilst I have to use an app to control it (which is an absolute PITA), the backing track integration is a really good redeeming feature.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1 said:
    What it misses though which the original Pocket Pod had (and the Boss is the same) is a line in / bluetooth for playing along to music. I got a Spark Go in their black Friday sale, and whilst I have to use an app to control it (which is an absolute PITA), the backing track integration is a really good redeeming feature.
    It has a USB interface so you can plug in a device and use the USB inputs to play along to audio from your computer, phone, tablet, etc. also USB out to the connected device.

I guess if you really want wireless audio you would have to get a Bluetooth receiver with USB out.

There is info about this in the manual.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a40152f865e216d6d6b24/application/pdf/POD%20Express%20Owner's%20Manual%20-%20English%20.pdf
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 285
    I dunno. I feel the “turn the knob and get varying amounts of the effect” is not a very well conceived interface, but I’m sure that’s just me. I hated it on my Yamaha THR10, and I just wouldn’t buy something that tries to pack so much into such a small space and requires that type of interface. 

These pedals seem like they are trying to do too much. 
  • Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 379
    pt22 said:
    I dunno. I feel the “turn the knob and get varying amounts of the effect” is not a very well conceived interface, but I’m sure that’s just me.
    I wasn't a fan of them either, but the LED collar around the center encoder shows you exactly how much of each effect you're dialing in; the granularity and feedback is much better than trying to eyeball a knob's indicator.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1128
    Even though I'm looking forward to this, I can't help but laugh because this is essentially the same concept as the Roland Cube amps. Even down to the Looper =) 

I wish I never sold mine TBH. 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    This looks really cool. Could also act as a swiss army type pedal and compete against the M5.

I'm sure for some people it does all the relevant things they'd want from an M5 or an HX One, but it seems to me like a totally different beast. The vast majority of players will want a POD Express or an M5/HXOne, or one of each for different things, but I can't quite picture the scenario where I'd be dithering between the two.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24466
    I'm certainly interested in the Bass version, but I will need to try it.

I am hugely picky about compression for bass being absolutely perfect for me. Everything else I can work with, but the compression has to be spot on.
    Even though I'm looking forward to this, I can't help but laugh because this is essentially the same concept as the Roland Cube amps. Even down to the Looper  

If you're talking about model selection and fanblade effects selection/adjustment, that was done in Spider first.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7295
    Wait 4 channel interface? How does that work. 2 stereo out, 1.in for guitar..what's the 4th?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1128
    Even though I'm looking forward to this, I can't help but laugh because this is essentially the same concept as the Roland Cube amps. Even down to the Looper  

If you're talking about model selection and fanblade effects selection/adjustment, that was done in Spider first.
    Ah that would explain their reincarnation in these pedals then. 
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 794
    This looks really cool. Could also act as a swiss army type pedal and compete against the M5.
    Yep. This has got me on the fence between the two. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    I think it looks great, the Cube comparison is a good one, and it looks a little fisher price, but something so simple with good to high end modelling is alright in my book. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9825
    Wait 4 channel interface? How does that work. 2 stereo out, 1.in for guitar..what's the 4th?
    I think it's a dry output so you can reamp - I believe the Catalyst amps have the same
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    If that was £150, it’d be almost an impulse buy for a lot of people, £190 is a bit much imho
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    sweepy said:
    If that was £150, it’d be almost an impulse buy for a lot of people, £190 is a bit much imho
    I agree, it needs to drop in price, for me at least. I have a Helix and HX Stomp so don't need one, but I'd buy one as a backup device for my gig bag.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    edited March 8
    sweepy said:
    How is it not worth £190?

Full basic rig
    Back up rig
    Multi effects
    or just Amp sim
    Presets
    Tap tempo
    Expression pedal/external switching options
    Tuner
    Looper
    USB Recording Interface
    Headphone Practice Solution

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Input, left/mono output, right output, expression pedal / external footswitch input

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22207

For those millenials out there who aren't aware of the notion of RTFM, there will be a video on TikTok later featuring a young person saying things like "OMG Line 6, you nailed it" coupled with some 8-bit graphic overlays.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    USB Inputs 1-2 routed directly to POD Express' outputs for jamming along with Spotify, YouTube, etc.
    USB Inputs 3-4 routed into the first block (distortion on PEG, compressor on PEB) for reamping
    USB Outputs 1-2 to your DAW or mobile device for recording with processing
    USB Outputs 3-4 to your DAW or mobile device for recording dry for reamping later