New Line 6 pedals!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27135
    @Digital_Igloo while you’re here can I nudge you to nudge the HX One team to make the patch switching better? It’s the only thing stopping it being one of the all-time best pedals ever. Ta!  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Are the models the same as full helix ? 
    I sit on the friedman BE and a klon for 90% of my playing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1125
    sgosden said:
    There are a couple of youtube vids that go through what fx and models they lifted from full helix. I don't remember seeing Klon there though but I could be wrong. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2908
    edited March 8
    sgosden said:
    There are a couple of youtube vids that go through what fx and models they lifted from full helix. I don't remember seeing Klon there though but I could be wrong. 
    The manual says the Boost overdrive is the Klon. 

The more I look into this the more I think I want one. I only really play at home now anyway but I think with a 2 button FS it would be giggable too, could make a nice compact board with minimal option paralysis. Interested to see some demos from the usual suspects, would be cool to hear some heavier tones with the Placater through a V30 cab
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5161
    TTBZ said:
    sgosden said:
    The manual says the Boost overdrive is the Klon. 

Yep. The "crunch" amp model is the Friedman BE/HBE too.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    The @JohnCordy video is very good, and this unit looks impressive amd great value for money. It has a simple and unique interface too.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    I watched a video with some guy, and I can’t remember his name unfortunately, but he’d set it up with a dual footswitch. The onboard “On” footswitch switched his drive, and the dual switch was modulation and delay.  Looked a great little set up!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2908
    edited March 23
    Still waiting for some more demos to pop up from my go-to channels, but yeah I do think I want one of these! Seems to sound great with the built in IRs, so not having IR loading isnt as much of a deal-breaker as I first thought. Less faff is good for me and I really like a WYSIWYG layout. I've found I still like playing with my old Pocket Pod because you get what you're given and go with it, rather than keep tone hunting. Imagine this is the same deal but with Helix level modelling. 

Thinking I could have a nice little board for playing at home (or even gigs) with this, a tuner and a Digitech Drop. I'm not much of an FX user so the built in ones sound good enough to me, and the flexibility to assign them to footswitches is a great feature, even just for jamming along to tracks at home. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24454
    Anyone tried a bass one yet?
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12924
    I want to like these but its almost as if L6 took all my least favourite UI features and crammed them into one box on purpose! :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've just ordered one. Cheap as chips, and might fit well into my home recording. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssYtRNzSwxY

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4191
    sgosden said:
    I believe crunch may be BE100
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4191
    I’m interested in how it will compare to a boss GT1 or the NUX mg300
      I like HX stomp but it needs a supply of 9v @ 1 amp  if you’re using a rechargeable power bank 
      And the pod go uses more . I’m becoming less sceptical than I was when I first saw it .

JNC has done some good demos 
    An update...

I think that the Pod Go is an excellent unit, with a simple and brilliant interface.
    Core sounds are way better than the price too.

However, mine is being returned, as it does produce a wee bit too much noise in my set-ups.

YMMV.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1881
    Even though I'm looking forward to this, I can't help but laugh because this is essentially the same concept as the Roland Cube amps. Even down to the Looper =) 

I wish I never sold mine TBH. 
    My Roland Cube must be ancient as it doesn't have a looper. It doesn't have many effects actually and is a bit sh@t.
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 284
    I just watched the Anderton's vid on this. It's making me rethink my entire home pedalboard, which I've tried to build as a hybrid mono into amp/stereo into headphones solution using the Boss IR-2. Maybe this would be good enough standalone for headphone use, and then I can just simplify the pedalboard into the front of the amp?