London yoofs

What's Hot

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    What I like about this type of thread is that the pillocks in our midst jump up and down shouting “I’m a pillock!” It saves me having to read 8 pages of drivel to determine who the pillocks are.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24306
    So, oh great and wise arbiter of sense and fairness - who are the "pillocks" ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12362
    edited March 10
    Emp_Fab said:
    So, oh great and wise arbiter of sense and fairness - who are the "pillocks" ?
    I must surely be on the list. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 779
    A fair amount of pillock shaming on this forum.

I suppose the alternative would be to accept that not everyone agrees with us, but that may be a little too radical ...
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3008
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    I like to think of myself as more of an eejit than a pillock.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1212
    Who is up for crowdfunding empfab dressed up as crocodile dundee for a full day on the trains of south east london? 

Dont worry, be silly.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28202
    edited March 11
    Roland said:
    What I like about this type of thread is that the pillocks in our midst jump up and down shouting “I’m a pillock!” 
    At leat I'm having fun though, right? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    swiller said:
    Who is up for crowdfunding empfab dressed up as crocodile dundee for a full day on the trains of south east london? 

Anyone remember the Guardian Angels?

That was a weird anomaly, even by the standards of the 80's.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3453
    randella said:
    swiller said:

Anyone remember the Guardian Angels?

That was a weird anomaly, even by the standards of the 80's.
    Hawk, Axe and elephant? They would have slapped them there yoofs up side of the head right and quick.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 366
    @Shrews - You've shamed im bruv.

This thread has strengthened my resolve to never go to filthy London again. I used to be a regular but everything I hear about it now makes it seem worse.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    I'm going to say in Emps defence. 
    Yes these kinds of youths are shits. As a resilient of SE London, I've learnt to move away, get off the train, keep my head down. People not used to it I can imagine will feel very intimidated.
    I've just come back from a week in Copenhagen. Apparently my hotel was in a dodgy part of town. There were groups of you people hanging around, but none of them were intimidating in the slightest.
    Likewise on the bus/train. All sitting together quietly chatting.
    I do love the Scandinavian countries. I've never felt afraid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 366
    Axe_meister has just cemented my point in my head. I come from Surrey Hills AONB. Sarf London was a very different place back before the whole 'greater London' thing came about.

Croydon for instance used to be part of Surrey, now it's part of London with the nickname 'stab central'

I would regularly go on a train to Victoria alone and then tube it to the places I wanted to go at around age 15. I'd hesitate to be driven through some of it now.

Perhaps it's my age.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    I'm going to say in Emps defence. 
    Yes these kinds of youths are shits. As a resilient of SE London, I've learnt to move away, get off the train, keep my head down. People not used to it I can imagine will feel very intimidated.
    And, to be fair, they're in abundance round here too (about 90 miles north of London). We live a couple of doors away from some shops, and there are always teenagers (boys and girls) hanging around there at night being absolute shits and doing everything they can to intimidate people going in and out of the shops, or even just passing by. It's bad enough that the police get called out at least three or four times a week, but they can't really do anything and the kids know it.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1015
    What happened to that technique of playing Frank Sinatra, etc. outside of small local shops, as that seemed to clear them off quite quickly? Maybe it got stopped because it's classed as harassment.
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    What happened to that technique of playing Frank Sinatra, etc. outside of small local shops, as that seemed to clear them off quite quickly? Maybe it got stopped because it's classed as harassment.
    They still do it in the rougher tube stations. I was in Turnpike Lane the other day and there was some rather relaxing music being piped through the station as I exited..
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16676
    They just created a new generation of Sinatra fans, for whom it brings about jolly memories of their youth spent harrasing passers by ;) 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4633
    Did Sinatra not have Mafia links? They truly knew about intimidation.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3008
    Did Sinatra not have Mafia links? They truly knew about intimidation.
    Yes, but surely nothing compared to the hoodie on the tube. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7142
    Before I moved to sunny Dorsetshire I grew up and lived in London and the suburbs for 38 years. Eltham , Limehouse, South Croydon , Bromley etc 

I think the difference between now and my time in London is that the fear of getting stabbed is way higher now (from talking to mates still in town). 

You’d always get kids trying to intimidate and you may end up in a swearing and staring contest some nights but now it seems like a knife gets pulled out by a higher proportion of kids before you even get to that stage.

Locally , 16 year old kid from Wiltshire got stabbed to death at a party in Bath last year by a gang of six little bastards carrying zombie knives . They’ve caught the kids and have cctv of them getting a bus to the party with the knives hidden in their clothing (grey tracksuits and hoods obviously)

They had no fear of being caught with these knives as the Police just aren’t a visible presence on the streets - they are zooming around in cars responding rather than having a higher neighbourhood profile.

I’d gladly pay more in taxes either nationally through income tax or locally via council tax if that money was ringfenced for beat coppers with the power to stop and search - not ‘community officers’ or volunteers though.

Stop a kid carrying a machete or a zombie knife and it’s borstal and their feet don’t touch the ground 

Yes I’m old and possibly out of touch but whatever they are trying now isn’t working