5 Watt World

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1085
    I think all the guitar / music channels have jumped the shark now post-covid, even Beato. But he has the most subscribers and can call in some big shot guests.

Andertons, TPS, 5 Watt World, Paul Davids, and most of the others are all just spouting out mind numbing content . Even Greg Koch's stuff is now past the point but at least he seems to have moved on to touring and has been touring steadily the last 12-18 months or so. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2495
    They’ve formed their own little echo chamber like they’re members of a traditional internet forum now they’re all mates, the themes come at you in waves. Collaboration jam videos were a things for a while until the clicks died down. one of them quits so they all do a video exploring the phenomenon of other YouTubers quitting. One of them does a video on how surprisingly little money they’ve made from YouTube so they all do videos revealing how surprisingly little they’ve made from YouTube compared to the hours put in
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5453
    edited March 31
    ^ Jens Larsen, Michael Keithson,  David Hamburger (Fretboard Confidential), Joscho Stephan, Tommaso Zillio (Music Theory for Guitar), Jared Borkowski (Sound Guitar Lessons), Paul Thompson (PD Bass), Emil Embro, Justin Johnson, Michael Watts - if you can't find something you like amongst that lot, you are dead from the ears down.

(Which is not to say that I disagree with you, however. But what could the people LPManic mentions do better? Isn't there a point where any one presenter has pretty much run out of good ideas and ought to stop? But you can't stop - You-tube punishes anyone who stops releasing regular "new" content by downgrading their place in your feed - for all practical purposes, it demonetises them. They HAVE to make "new" stuff of they don't get paid for their old stuff. And we wonder why so much You-tube content is waffle and filler.)
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5453
  • Rocky1991Rocky1991 Frets: 314
    I enjoy his this is a 21st century man chasing tones in my room/rehearsal. Thinking of the strandberg and line 6 pedal ones.

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1939
    GoFish said:
    I think what this thread had highlighted if that there is great potential for awfulness in gear influencer - tube. The problem is that it's very specific to each viewer.

Old 5 watt doesn't bother me per se, but I couldn't watch more  than a few of his history series and I left it at that. Some other mentioned here grind my gears, o lord they do! .
    I think that sums up why I like his prog as light viewing. Apart from his TruFire plugs of his sponsor which you can FF through, he isn't on the freeby circuit trying to sell you bits of gear based on his 'totally agnostic view and nothing to do with the fact it was given to me' types. Legally they have to say it was gifted and I suspect if they don't say it's great there'll be no more free stuff from that particular supplier. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.