What do I want for my birthday?

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    Bird of prey experience
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1115
    Just tell your missus to surprise you. It doesn't bother me what mine gets me as long as she came up with the idea. I don't really find any value in telling her what I want because that defeats the purpose. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1108
    Blackjack and hookers. In fact, forget about the blackjack
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27622
    Midi Guitar 3 looks huge fun.

Big evolution from current v2.  It's only available as a beta currently (don't know slated release date), but if you buy v2, then you get unrestricted beta and free update to v3 when it's released.

It's been working well for me today.  Plug in a guitar, any guitar, install the application, and use both its built-in functionality *and* any of your existing VSTs via your fretboard rather than a midi controller.  Also works as a plugin within a DAW.

It's going on my bought-it-myself birthday list ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24831
    I turned 60 on 25th March. Another 20 years in good health, with decent mobility would have been my first choice…
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6885
    tony99 said:
    Bird of prey experience
    Doesn’t appeal much…

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.jpeg 38.2K
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17642
    tFB Trader
    Just tell your missus to surprise you. It doesn't bother me what mine gets me as long as she came up with the idea. I don't really find any value in telling her what I want because that defeats the purpose. 
    She normally does but she’s totally out of ideas
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 288
    How about a tank driving experience.  I had no interest in tanks or military vehicles etc. but my wife bought me a tank driving experience and it was great.

The feeling of exhilaration when storming over a muddy course of steep hills and dips, with the instructor shouting for you to go faster was uneatable. Normally you would be a bit cautious and concerned about breaking something, but as the driver it's quite the opposite - faster - more power!

• SporkySporky Frets: 28435
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3135
    New leatherman  with all the tools you don’t need, hours of fun figuring out a use for them
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 288
    Sporky said:
    I received one of these for Christmas, really enjoyed putting it together. The level of detail is surprising. 
    tFB Trader
    Well she’s bought me a bass!

I’m a lucky boy!
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8724
    mrkb said:
    Roland said:
    When my neighbour got to the point of having everything he needed he asked for malt whisky. At Christmas he accumulates a supply which lasted him until his birthday, and vice versa.
    I’ve got 10 bottles of whisky in the cupboard as I have pretty much stopped drinking alcohol. Might have to start up again in retirement.
    Give them as presents.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    I turned 60 on 25th March. Another 20 years in good health, with a decent mobility scooter would have been my first choice…
    FTFY
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    I turned 50 on Monday and had the same problem.  My wife wanted to mark it with a new bass, and I've always wanted a Musicman Stingray, but it's just prohibitively expensive. Even a decent Sterling is a bit too much on the pricey side. 

I've ended up with nowt as a result
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9811
    I'm thirty something and I'd be glad if I never had to observe my birthday ever again. I've learnt that my birthdays are for other people and not for me, so in turn I've learnt to just do what other people are happy with and that extends to gifts as well. 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    tFB Trader
    Bod said:
    I turned 50 on Monday and had the same problem.  My wife wanted to mark it with a new bass, and I've always wanted a Musicman Stingray, but it's just prohibitively expensive. Even a decent Sterling is a bit too much on the pricey side. 

I've ended up with nowt as a result

I have that problem to an extent my main hobby is music but I have very nice guitar collection and I don’t find having a Harley Benton that interesting when I already have a PRS, Gibson etc.

Luckily I haven’t had a bass for years even though I used to play bass in a band for a long time so something basic is ok. Searching around I saw a stupid deal on a Classic Vibe on Amazon (I think they have made a pricing error ) so with a bit of budget stretching we were away.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12376
    edited April 14
    Some great deals on classic vibe gear only £60 more than the affinity series

I don't need the 70s Strat but...
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11824
    An Ivison Dakota.  Think big.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14476
    mrkb said:
    Roland said:
    When my neighbour got to the point of having everything he needed he asked for malt whisky. At Christmas he accumulates a supply which lasted him until his birthday, and vice versa.
    I’ve got 10 bottles of whisky in the cupboard as I have pretty much stopped drinking alcohol. Might have to start up again in retirement.
    My father used to work in the Blending & Shipping department of an oil refinery.

The independent cargo inspection agents were paid on a per call out commission basis. Every year, come mid-December, they would accidentally visit the refinery's B&S building, glad handing, handing out their contact details and leaving a gratuity on the desk.

Every Summer holiday, when my family travelled to visit relatives, the boot of the car would be rattling with bottles of vodka and cheap whisky. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.