Admins, what is happening to tFB?

What's Hot
Pictures of women’s underwear etc top and bottom of each page.  If someone looks over my shoulder on a train…..

please do something about this.  Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3337
    Ha, well this is awkward...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6882
    edited April 15
    Rocker said:
    Pictures of women’s underwear etc top and bottom of each page.  If someone looks over my shoulder on a train…..

please do something about this.  Thanks.
    They have....   Patreon

SUBSCRIPTIONS! Get image uploads and no ads! - Help & Feedback Discussions on theFretBoard
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3046
    edited April 15
    Those ads that are targeted at the current user based on browsing history, you mean?
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17639
    tFB Trader
    I'd suggest becoming a supporting member and then you get no ads. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    Can we pay in one lump i.e. yearly instead of monthly ?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27620
    Can we pay in one lump i.e. yearly instead of monthly ?
    I believe you can

@digitalscream is the man who sorts that out.

( and the man who ensures that people only receive ads that match their topics of interest  ;)  )
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 641
    Jokes about topics of interest and browser history aside there are a number of "suitable for work" advertisers that use suggestive images for advertising purposes and as such will show irrespective of how "clean" the user history is. Temu are terrible. Even etsy can show things that need a second glance to confirm it isn't more adult than it actually is.

The only surefire approach is to pay and remove and that is no reflection on the admins and how tFB is run it is how the "system" works.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    I've got an advert for ebay featuring a motorbike and Meg Ryan. I don't have an ebay account, I've never been interested in motorbikes and I prefer Sandra bullock.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1128
    Shared devices can cause unexpected adverts too. My other half has been looking at clothes etc on my phone so I get ads like the ones mentioned by the OP. Looks fine if someone looks over her shoulder, less fine when it's me though. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2198
    I'm currently seeing ads for guitars and amplifiers. How do I get those ads of which you speak?

It's not a competition.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24388
    It is funny when someone reveals their browsing habits and a lack of knowledge as to how cookies and tracking works.

Reminds me of that MP who complained when he got adverts for gay cruises on his facebook feed....
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1109
    slacker said:
    I've got an advert for ebay featuring a motorbike and Meg Ryan. I don't have an ebay account, I've never been interested in motorbikes and I prefer Sandra bullock.
    Could be worse. Could be Susan Boyle showing up in your ads. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27620
    slacker said:
    Could be worse. Could be Susan Boyle showing up in your ads. 
    What had you been Googling???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1237
    slacker said:
    Could be worse. Could be Susan Boyle showing her nads. 
    FTFY
    Dont worry, be silly.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1237
    Ladies and gentleman, membership is the right way. But for those of you a bit skint or whatever...
    use the free brave browser. Works on you tube as well.  No more ads. Simples.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    swiller said:
    Ladies and gentleman, membership is the right way. But for those of you a bit skint or whatever...
    use the free brave browser. Works on you tube as well.  No more ads. Simples.
    Been using DuckDuckGo mobile for many years but I might give this Brave browaer a go. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26638
    All of the above is correct.

Also, in unrelated (and genuine!) news, the ad revenue had a surprising bump this afternoon. It's only a few quid, but...interesting.
    <space for hire>
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    All of the above is correct.

Also, in unrelated (and genuine!) news, the ad revenue had a surprising bump this afternoon. It's only a few quid, but...interesting.
    Ad revenue...as in if someone sees women's underwear ads while on tFB and they click on said underwear ads? =) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1501
    It is funny when someone reveals their browsing habits and a lack of knowledge as to how cookies and tracking works.

Reminds me of that MP who complained when he got adverts for gay cruises on his facebook feed....
    Temu just fed me advert of a bunch of Naval warship models. Does that count as gay cruise adjacent?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9804
    Well the adverts showing on my page currently are for The Bear Tavern (a pub in a shit hole called Bearwood just outside Birmingham) and Tackling Climate Change, neither of which I have browsed for anything like recently as far as I can tell. I've also had the Temu ones, I suspected that my briefing history suggested I'd be interested in Temu as a whole, and not the random magpie style collection of tat shown in the flashing images
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic