What's Hot
Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2398
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1442
    I'd rather shit in my hands and clap.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I’m surprised Paoletti think they have anything to gain from the association, I thought they were already quite “up there” 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11873
    Christ in a sidecar.  I bet it ain't cheap either.

I genuinely can't see the appeal but I appreciate there are some who will, which is fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6725
    It's like Taylor Swift doing a duet with Ian Watkins. No, the other one. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    DrBob said:
    I’m surprised Paoletti think they have anything to gain from the association, I thought they were already quite “up there” 
    Maybe it's one friend trying to help another...I think it's a long path back to redemption for John Cruz.

For me it's not even about that tweet any more - it's about the hubris he displayed thinking he could sell hugely expensive, heavy (based on the ones for sale at guitarguitart) strat knock-offs that he didn't even "master build" himself, just because they had his name on the headstock. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Lewy said:
    DrBob said:
    Maybe it's one friend trying to help another...I think it's a long path back to redemption for John Cruz.

For me it's not even about that tweet any more - it's about the hubris he displayed thinking he could sell hugely expensive, heavy (based on the ones for sale at guitarguitar) strat knock-offs that he didn't even "master build" himself, just because they had his name on the headstock. 
    Wiz'd.  That little venture deservedly sank like a lead brick.   I'd love to know how many they actually sold.

'That tweet' was unbelievably crass and as I recall, I don't recall any expressions of contrition.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Offset said:
    Lewy said:
    DrBob said:

For me it's not even about that tweet any more - it's about the hubris he displayed thinking he could sell hugely expensive, heavy (based on the ones for sale at guitarguitar) strat knock-offs that he didn't even "master build" himself, just because they had his name on the headstock. 
    Wiz'd.  That little venture deservedly sank like a lead brick.   I'd love to know how many they actually sold.

'That tweet' was unbelievably crass and as I recall, I don't recall any expressions of contrition.
    GG still have four in stock, I think they had six originally. 

£8.5k for a 8.2lb strat with stock Gotoh hardware and "John Cruz Designed" pickups made by god knows who, anyone.....anyone?

John Cruz Custom Guitars Crossville ST Black Battle Axe Alder Rosewood Fingerboard | guitarguitar
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7809

I'm amazed no-one has lobbed this second grenade into the thread:

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Paul_C said:

Investor Peasants Will Be Out With Pitchforks if We Dont Start Sharing  the Wealth - Bloomberg
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14308
    tFB Trader
    Paul_C said:

I did see that and like you thought this is going to turn right and quickly move up the highway as it will go forth and multiply

The only question I have is and I quote 'sophisticated SH pickup configuration' - So what is sophisticated about a SH pick up combination
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9346
    Lewy said:
    DrBob said:

For me it's not even about that tweet any more - it's about the hubris he displayed thinking he could sell hugely expensive, heavy (based on the ones for sale at guitarguitart) strat knock-offs that he didn't even "master build" himself, just because they had his name on the headstock. 
    Honestly, it’s not even that. It’s the fact he didn’t deliver some of the stock that dealers had paid for and left those dealers to pick up the losses.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1442
    "Robert Sutherland Chapman, born on June 14th 1975, is a force of nature in the music world. Renowned for his versatile talents both on YouTube and on stage,"

Oh my..thats rich
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1129
    soma1975 said:
    Comparing him to a horrendous paedophile is a bit much isn't it? Is t he just an asshole?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    To be fair, that does look cack.
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2510
    Oh cool, another Strat.

i wonder what sort of orders he got with his very exclusive indeed Marco Polo mosaic telecaster 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    S56035 said:
    soma1975 said:
    Comparing him to a horrendous paedophile is a bit much isn't it? Is t he just an asshole?
    I thought he meant H from Steps.  But I still don't understand the analogy.
    Philly_Q said:
    S56035 said:
    soma1975 said:
    Thank fuck it's not just me.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5434
    Paoletti mystify me. They must have taken on eight UK dealers at the same time. There cannot possibly be that level of demand. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1129
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    S56035 said:
    soma1975 said:
    Thank fuck it's not just me.
    Ha! Well maybe I got the wrong end of the stick!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom