Paoletti & John Cruz

What's Hot

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7339
    I have no actual opinion about either man but I think the guitar looks shit and the page was screaming out for an edit.

poo-crud.jpg 162.4K
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1351
    Cruz’s only road to redemption would be to produce a cut price Mexican version 
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1468
    Paul_C said:

I'm amazed no-one has lobbed this second grenade into the thread:

"The moment he laid eyes on the Alfa Loft, he knew it belonged in his collection, and went for a sophisticated SH pickup configuration and a mesmerizing Heavy Surfgreen finish."

Oh do fuck off.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1303
    Paul_C said:

I'm amazed no-one has lobbed this second grenade into the thread:

"The moment he laid eyes on the Alfa Loft, he knew it belonged in his collection, and went for a sophisticated SH pickup configuration and a mesmerizing Heavy Surfgreen finish."

Oh do fuck off.
    His music is “a blend of blues and Americana”?!? 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6725
    S56035 said:
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    S56035 said:
    soma1975 said:
    It's like Taylor Swift doing a duet with Ian Watkins. No, the other one. 
    Comparing him to a horrendous paedophile is a bit much isn't it? Is t he just an asshole?
    I thought he meant H from Steps.  But I still don't understand the analogy.
    Thank fuck it's not just me.
    Ha! Well maybe I got the wrong end of the stick!
    I sort of don't want to explain what I meant by it now as this exchange has tickled me. 

But yeah someone at the top of their game with a lot of respect in the industry doing a collab with someone shit. 

Didn't Cruz's last venture go under taking a lot of dealers' money with him? 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1129
    You needed to chose the shit person better. H is brilliant.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6725
    edited April 23
    I think I chose the perfect person thanks as I said - the exchange above made me laugh. I'm not quite sure what Taylor would stand to gain from a collab with either Ian Watkins tbf.. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Oh my word. Just a big daft boys club. So much over confidence and terrible marketing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MarchMarch Frets: 286
    edited April 23
    GuyR said:
    Cruz’s only road to redemption would be to produce a cut price Mexican version 
    I was thinking his only road to redemption is to become a cut price Mexican. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2510
    soma1975 said:

But yeah someone at the top of their game with a lot of respect in the industry doing a collab with someone shit. 
    is one of these two supposed to be at the top of their game with a lot of respect in the industry?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    elstoof said:
    soma1975 said:
    is one of these two supposed to be at the top of their game with a lot of respect in the industry?
    I'm not convinced Paoletti are at the top of their game with a lot of respect in the industry.  But then I couldn't give two shits about Taylor Swift either.
    I meant of the “master builders”, im
    neatly sidestepping the H car crash comment
    The state of this shit, looks like novelty junk off alibaba 

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    elstoof said:
    The state of this shit, looks like novelty junk off alibaba 

Dreadful 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7339
    edited April 24
    Who in God's name would want an "FBI Tribute" guitar?  It will probably capture everything it hears in the room and transmit it to Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington.  99.99% of the population in Western countries don't particularly trust the FBI and the other 0.01% work in law enforcement in some capacity including the FBI and wouldn't really want to publicly advertise the fact unless playing in a law enforcement private club or somewhere like that.  What's next, a Masonic Limited Edition; an Illuminati Special or a Google one you sing at and it plays the chords?
    There’s a Spiderman tribute one, not even kidding
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1414
    On paper, Paoletti Guitars and John Cruz seem like a pretty good fit. Both seem to have some kind of "redneck" vibe going on. To Cruz it might come naturally but I've no idea why Paoletti takes all his design cues from the tackier side of 'old Americana' – all this naff stuff with bare wood, shotgun shells, studs, flags, etc. (Paoletti guitars look like a good match for Peach's faux Western saloon bar but I don't think they stock the brand). I guess there must be a market for expensive tacky guitars but Paoletti should recognise that Cruz's brand is toxic now and the section of guitar buyers with high disposable income is increasingly made up of unforgiving bien pensant types.
    It appears to me that the Paoletti brand strategy is to gain recognition from headline grabbing stunts, I don’t think they care as much about Cruz’s reputation as they do the conversations this collaboration has started
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    edited April 24
    BillDL said:
    Who in God's name would want an "FBI Tribute" guitar?  It will probably transmit everything it hears in the room and transmit it to Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington.  99.99% of the population in Western countries don't particularly trust the FBI and the other 0.01% work in law enforcement in some capacity including the FBI and wouldn't really want to publicly advertise the fact unless playing in a law enforcement private club or somewhere like that.  What's next, a Masonic Limited Edition; an Illuminati Special or a Google one you sing at and it plays the chords?
    I could see some kind of anarcho-punk band playing that ironically.

Nothing says anarchy like buying a £4k FBI logo Paoletti
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom