Info about Lupe hand built amps

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4845
    Boromedic said:
    Lol, gotta love people.....

Especially at the above ^^ why should Chris have to share personal details about his business with anyone? He puts out what he is legally required to in the public domain, the rest is private as it is for every other UK Ltd Company. It's none of anybody's business outside of that.
    He wasn't asked any personal details, just to confirm or clarify the information that is publicly available.
    Again, why should he have to.... As you say it's already there.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3275
    Pitchforks back in the shed everyone!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:

Especially at the above ^^ why should Chris have to share personal details about his business with anyone? He puts out what he is legally required to in the public domain, the rest is private as it is for every other UK Ltd Company. It's none of anybody's business outside of that.
    He wasn't asked any personal details, just to confirm or clarify the information that is publicly available.

• idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1414
    Dodge said:
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:

Yes but that wasn't the question that was asked. IMO it was a legitimate question because it is about integrity but, as has been pointed out, it is ultimately none of my business. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:

This is just the technical closing of a Limited Company. Chris doesn’t have to explain why he has changed the company structure. It’s often done for tax reasons, or because the reporting cost and effort exceed the benefits which a Limited Company brings. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1414
    edited April 25
    Roland said:
    Boromedic said:
    Boromedic said:

This is just the technical closing of a Limited Company. Chris doesn’t have to explain why he has changed the company structure. It’s often done for tax reasons, or because the reporting cost and effort exceed the benefits which a Limited Company brings. 
    It isn't just the technical closing of a limited company if creditors are left with money owing to them. But you are right, Chris doesn't have to explain anything and I will move on.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    edited April 25
    this has turned all a bit Andertons/Victory
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

No one asked me about warrantee , but if there was a problem, I'm happy to put things right and even service it in the future but this wasn't asked ..   in fairness with a little care these amps should last for many many years.. 

It was mentioned above about the cost, Im pretty sure I could make something cheaper, using much cheaper parts and such, but I wouldn't be happy with something like that for myself, so I doubt Id ever make something cheap and cheerful .. I make one off replicas of some of the best amps ever made, why would I skimp ..  lol..  
     tbh if someone wanted a 50's Fender Tweed Princeton , there aren't many options other than buying an original ... ( oh these were never done as a re-issue either) , the last Original fender Princeton I saw was sold for about £4500  this amp was only half its former self, after being "serviced"  ..  

Someone mentioned about my soldering, about it being neat and tidy thanks, again I have nothing to hide, am I the best ? ...  probably not but unfortunately she isn't with us any more, fenders goddess of soldering Lupe Lopez ...  ;)  if your lucky enough to have a 50's fender amp built and signed by Lupe , then you've prob got the best of what they had to offer ...  

Anyway, these things seem to get a bit silly, and everyone all of a sudden becomes an expert..  there is only one real way to see what my amps are like, come and have ago ...     

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1151
    It’s not all about the price of the parts though - if I were to build an amp using £1000 of parts it’d be worth about £500 because it’d need someone competent to redo it 
  • LilBa2tardLilBa2tard Frets: 22
    Alex2678 said:
    It’s not all about the price of the parts though - if I were to build an amp using £1000 of parts it’d be worth about £500 because it’d need someone competent to redo it 

I dont really understand what your saying ... your crap at amp building. ??    

It is all about the price of parts , If I build an amp with a pine cab, tweed lacquer , CTS pots , carbon comp resistors , Sozo caps , leather handle , fender switch gear + fuse holder, matched tubes, Custom Jensen speaker , premium transformers ....  I could go on ....   then the cost of the parts has to reflect on this  surly you can see this..  

If I used rubbish parts it would cost less , and would be a cheaper build, but would be rubbish . . 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1441
    Alex2678 said:

I dont really understand what your saying ... your crap at amp building. ??    

It is all about the price of parts , If I build an amp with a pine cab, tweed lacquer , CTS pots , carbon comp resistors , Sozo caps , leather handle , fender switch gear + fuse holder, matched tubes, Custom Jensen speaker , premium transformers ....  I could go on ....   then the cost of the parts has to reflect on this  surly you can see this..  

If I used rubbish parts it would cost less , and would be a cheaper build, but would be rubbish . . 
    Hattori, he's saying he wouldn't do a good job.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    thought I said that ...     B) ..  

;) 
    I’m saying it’s not all about the cost of the parts - expensive parts put together badly are worth less than the sum of the parts. In order to be equal in value to the sum of the parts, they need to be put together well. In order to be worth more than the sum of the parts, they need to be put together really well. 

Whether or not yours are good or not is up to prospective buyers I suppose, but the cost of the parts isn’t the only thing that determines the value of a completed build.

Alex2678 said:
    I’m saying it’s not all about the cost of the parts - expensive parts put together badly are worth less than the sum of the parts. In order to be equal in value to the sum of the parts, they need to be put together well. In order to be worth more than the sum of the parts, they need to be put together really well. 

Whether or not yours are good or not is up to prospective buyers I suppose, but the cost of the parts isn’t the only thing that determines the value of a completed build.

Come and play one, and make a proper judgement (for yourself) , rather than just acting like a tw4t and making stupid comments ..  

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    All the best with it 
    Alex2678 said:
    All the best with it 
    I suspected as much ..       
    Ffs
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    Alex2678 said:

Come and play one, and make a proper judgement (for yourself) , rather than just acting like a tw4t and making stupid comments .. 

You're really doing yourself no favours at all here mate.  It's not a stupid comment at all, it's a very valid point.

You're an unknown, you're calling members of a fairly popular guitar forum twats, criticising Rift (who aren't an unknown) on a platform that is crawled by Google.  Search "Lupe amps" on Google, this isthe top result.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    @Dodge It’s time to put your pitchfork back in the cupboard.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    edited April 25
    In his defence he avoided calling me a twat with a clever deployment of the number 4