The 'Weapons of Choice' for today.... [pics preferred]

What's Hot
Pete.RPete.R Frets: 415
edited May 9 in Guitar
....or what guitar / amp did you play today

>>> pics preferred <<<

Both of my €pis and the recently added Crafter SA-TM had a meeting with the new (to me) VOX AGA70

€piphone ES-175-Premium (ltd Ed MiK '14)

€piphone Dave Navarro Sign. Jane

Crafter SA-TM-bk (the poor mans Taylor T5)
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3062
    Got a few minutes on my Charvel CX291 into the Neural Plini X plugin this morning 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 381
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."

https://edmorgan.info
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12055
    I've been snowed under with my job so haven't even picked a guitar up yet :-(

Laters :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9755
    It was my US Std Tele last night (if last night counts). Since I try to rotate my guitars Monday evening will be a Vintera 50’s Strat.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete.RPete.R Frets: 415
    HAL9000 said:
    It was my US Std Tele last night (if last night counts). Since I try to rotate my guitars Monday evening will be a Vintera 50’s Strat.

Pics ?
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3623
    Wee man is off school today, had a bump yesterday doing acrobatics on his Go Kart and took a bump on the head, was advised to keep him off and keep an eye on him, so , boys home on a school day, will be rocking out after lunch.
    Baja Tele into a Deuce and an Ibanez Mikro into a Bandit 75, and pizza.  
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4206
    I spent a bit of time this morning playing my Soloist through my Katana... which is quite unusual for me, as I tend to use my Runeforge plugin most of the time these days.

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2917
    edited May 9
    I'm borrowing a Gordon Smith Grande for a few days. It looks awesome, love the metallic turquoise finish. Nice and light but still balances ok on a strap. Think it needs a bit of a fret level in a few places as I'm getting weird ringing/buzzes in a few spots. Hard to get an accurate feel for it though as it seems to have Rotosound strings on it which always sound and feel dead to me. Overall quite nice but I won't be buying one as £2k is too much for any guitar imo.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10752
    tFB Trader
    At work today ... my old Tele ... it's a partscaster ... with bits from all eras ... yep the body is four bits of wood ... so what? They are four good bits ;-)
    It's my work noodle machine through a 100w Marshall usually ... 

Now I'm home doing paperwork ...

And the Gretsch will be giving my hands a work out ... using those Blacktops (well in this guitar's case 'Perl-tops' ) while I can ... they will be replaced next week ...

I'll also give a blap to the Dyna-Tele ... I've just put heavier strings on to get the Bigsby playing ball ... 

Love the tones from this through my Peavey Classic 30 :-)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 255
    Started working on a new project yesterday evening, so it will be this for the next few weeks...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 955
    Quick noodle on the GS Mini earlier, McRosie through the THR5 later....
    https://i.imgur.com/MLFiFDh.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/CDTwHzh.jpg
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4293
    edited May 9
    My old Jazzy, back from its first ever refret this week!  Quite the change as this era 65/66 had the wide/low frets, and whilst I did kind of like them, decided to go to 6105’s. Just finished the usual tweaking that is needed with JM’s to get it back to how I want it, and wow, what an absolute a joy. 

If you are battling with old frets on a vintage guitar and putting off getting it done, just do it. Always been a revelation for me on any I have had done in the past. 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DartmoorHedgehogDartmoorHedgehog Frets: 909
    edited May 9
    If it's literally today, it's a Tanglewood parlour acoustic (TW133ASM) - been roped into accompanying a local singing group run by a friend's mum.  But my most-gigged guitar/amp at the mo is a Melody Maker Special and Orange Rocker 30 (head and 2x12).

No pics of either easily to hand, sorry.  But the MM is like this one 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1096
    Did a lesson earlier today, used my Epiphone Les Paul into my Kemper Profiler, the amp profile was a Marshall JCM800.

Another lesson later and will use my Strat, and either use a similar profile or a Mesa Dual Rectifier (STL Tones one).

No pics to hand either. Sorry.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8779
    Today was my settee guitar:

It’s used when my wife is “getting ready” to leave the house. It’s a magic instrument, and cuts at least 15 minutes off the “just change my top” time.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1883
    Strandberg Boden into my THR10 ii or my Waza Air depending on how I feel when get home.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2325
    Did a bit of an analog delay shootout this afternoon and grabbed by RBCWBG* ‘54 MIJ Strat. Then I got some fuzz pedals out and it all got a bit messy.

*Reliced By Chimp Wearing Boxing Gloves
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1469
    That ES-175
    Those Epis
    The three guitars look awesome.

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1469
    That ES-175
    Those Epis
    The three guitars look awesome.

Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • Tall_martinTall_martin Frets: 224

It’s used when my wife is “getting ready” to leave the house. It’s a magic instrument, and cuts at least 15 minutes off the “just change my top” time.
    I used to get accused of playing passive aggressively when waiting to go out  :)

It was guitar or standing in doorways looking at my watch saying "helpful" things like " if you had just got ready when you said we would be there on time.

Happily playing guitar was absolutely the better choice  =)

No guitars for me today. Work, sprog collection, dinner, bath, bed, bed for kids then bed for me 

Did made sprog collection on the tandem 

http://photos.app.goo.gl/WY7hQA8FzxQbAw4r6