The 'Weapons of Choice' for today.... [pics preferred]

What's Hot

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8074
    edited May 9
    Here is mine.  

Eastwood Sidejack DLX 20th Anniversary LTD Edition. One of only 160 made, and one of the 20 made in black. 
    Has recreations of the original Mosrite pickups made especially by Eastwood, superb term (Bigsby-a-like) and one of the best necks I’ve ever had my hands on. Wide like a Wizzard, but chunkier.  It sits perfectly in my hand, and is utterly addictive. 

I’ve heard a lot of crap spoken on here about Eastwood over the years, this thing is incredible. As is every other Eastwood/Airline I’ve had my hands on. 

They’re fabulous guitars.  

Bought lightly used for a bargain price, it’s mint, still
    got the plastic on the pickguard. Best £400 I ever spent. 
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3048
    My current no 1.. Guild Polara Kim Thayil .. through an Orange Rocker 15 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2481

The one on the right ('52 hot rod Tele) 

Through this: 

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4227

It’s used when my wife is “getting ready” to leave the house. It’s a magic instrument, and cuts at least 15 minutes off the “just change my top” time.
    I used to get accused of playing passive aggressively when waiting to go out  :)

It was guitar or standing in doorways looking at my watch saying "helpful" things like " if you had just got ready when you said we would be there on time.
    I had an ex who was so consistently late for everything, I took to telling her things started half an hour before they actually did, so that we had a chance of arriving on time.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3356
    TheMarlin said:
    Here is mine.  

Eastwood Sidejack DLX 20th Anniversary LTD Edition. One of only 160 made, and one of the 20 made in black. 
    Has recreations of the original Mosrite pickups made especially by Eastwood, superb term (Bigsby-a-like) and one of the best necks I’ve ever had my hands on. Wide like a Wizzard, but chunkier.  It sits perfectly in my hand, and is utterly addictive. 

I’ve heard a lot of crap spoken on here about Eastwood over the years, this thing is incredible. As is every other Eastwood/Airline I’ve had my hands on. 

They’re fabulous guitars.  

Bought lightly used for a bargain price, it’s mint, still
    got the plastic on the pickguard. Best £400 I ever spent. 
    I’ve been seriously impressed with the Eastwood’s I’ve touch and played. They have so much character to them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7903
    edited May 9

Pink paisley bitsa into Tonex pedal into CB Reverse Mode C into Katana.

httpscdnbskyappimgfeed_thumbnailplaindidplcbfz4iiz3notipkz2jksbhcymbafkreigyoqvt4l6yns2wktryconn35zuvro7nzdpwwweyxyjgrybzg3hd4jpeg

I forgot, I played this one too:

httpscdnbskyappimgfeed_thumbnailplaindidplcbfz4iiz3notipkz2jksbhcymbafkreiavyqef6cplm645rhcg42uq5cd3gjad7n3rn5xc2oppc633cjwsw4jpeg

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 314
    My partscaster with a solid rosewood neck, didn't plug it in. Currently tuned to E flat.

IMG_9497.jpeg 909.4K
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4213
    This one, as almost-always since buying it a few months ago. I go through flurries and flirtations with my other guitars now for the odd hour or day, but this is the one I would save in a fire, no question.

I mostly play this into a (Helix version of a) Timmy > Fawn AC30 > plate reverb > Zilla 1x12 Fatbaby (Creamback G12H); it’s a bloomin’ wonderful combination. :heart: 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1505
    This 
    Gibson Memphis ES-335 Block Inlay Cherry Red wHard Case - Picture 1 of 7

Into a tone king imperial Lead channel
  • LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 151
    Stevepage said:
    Got a few minutes on my Charvel CX291 into the Neural Plini X plugin this morning 

OMG this was my first electric guitar…the music shop was having a closing down sale and my dad thought it was probably a bargain. We paid £175, which I thought was a large sum and it came out of my post office savings! I played it to death until I part exchanged it for a sonic blue Japanese ‘62 strat (at the time a mid-priced guitar) which I wish I still had!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9793
    edited May 9
    Pete.R said:
    HAL9000 said:
    It was my US Std Tele last night (if last night counts). Since I try to rotate my guitars Monday evening will be a Vintera 50’s Strat.

Pics ?
    Tele…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/Ow3GcFLuOtztoBZHTRpRfwqiCrKTPbkch4tbhnsdheJ

Strat…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/kHc05rrUTNEzoKn39ZskuaBf9N9JZfeesXCo4ocY4Wd

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • FezFez Frets: 538
    Lambo orange Feline into Thorpy Gunshot, peacekeeper and Marshall dsl 401.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 280
    This arrived today. I’ve bought and sold a lot of Strats over the years; not only is this my favourite colour, it has a lovely skinny neck & really punchy pickups. It might finally be the one I’ve been searching for!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3114
    Charvel 375 into my new fuzz pedal and then into my Boogie Studio .22.

• skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 982
    Rehearsal last night with the Motown / northern soul band for a gig this Saturday 

These will be used at the gig …

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5090
    skaguitar said:
    Rehearsal last night with the Motown / northern soul band for a gig this Saturday 

Lovely rig. Get yerself a Cioks Sol or similar and it fixes under the Nano, great power supplies!
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Michael84Michael84 Frets: 30
    My antique with new pickguard and pearl tuner buttons :)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3683
    I'm still in the honeymoon period so my 60's modified Vintera through my Valvestate..

Stickers have obviously gone now.  ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1619
    These two:

Practicing for a recording session we're doing in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping I can run my homebrew deluxe loud in the studio for some amp distortion.  
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 982
    skaguitar said:

Lovely rig. Get yerself a Cioks Sol or similar and it fixes under the Nano, great power supplies!
    Cheers…. I’m lucky I’ve never gone down the pedal rabbit hole. Mainly because the music I play in bands doesn’t call for loads of different sounds but who’s to say that won’t be my next guitar obsession lol.
    I’ll have a look at those power supplies :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”