No mate, it's not a fender, it's a partscaster

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1367
    Gilly said:
    prowla said:
    Strat54 said:
    Can we discuss this one too? Yep licenced neck but F decal, listed as a Stratocaster and brand as Fender in info. What I really want to know is why call it Voodoo Turkey? Wtf? 

Being a counterfeit, it is quite a different matter to the one which is subject of this thread.

How is it any different? It’s exactly the same scenario.
    No, it’s not the same scenario.

What makes a Fender Custom Shop neck a Fender Custom Shop neck? 

It’s not the decal or the frets or the wood or the finish or any other part of the neck. It’s the fact that it was made in the CS. It could have non-Fender brand tuners and it would still be a CS neck if it was made there. 

The same is true for a standard non-CS neck. It was made by Fender in their factory, therefore it’s a Fender neck. 

A licensed neck with a Fender decal applied after the fact is not a Fender neck because, although Fender licensed the shape of the neck to some other manufacturer and presumably got paid a royalty for doing so, it was not made by Fender.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14663
    tFB Trader
    Gilly said:
    prowla said:
    Strat54 said:
    Can we discuss this one too? Yep licenced neck but F decal, listed as a Stratocaster and brand as Fender in info. What I really want to know is why call it Voodoo Turkey? Wtf? 

Being a counterfeit, it is quite a different matter to the one which is subject of this thread.

We are all going round in circles here - But I see a big difference - The Turkey caster has no association one little bit with Fender - The decal has never been to California - No ifs or buts about it - It is not a Fender

I can see merits in what yourself, Lee and others state about the original  post and the guitar in question - But as others have said, they see no issue with the honesty of the listing and the relevant comments about what is offered for sale - But that neck is 100% original/genuine end off - it is a Fender - I accept a strong area of gray, but I'm not a lawyer to get behind the 'fine print' on page 46 of T&C

But let's go back to the original post and the guitar in question - Let's now play around with the 'header' as in the for sale box - How about we change it from Fender Custom Shop Telecaster 51 Nocaster Neck NAMM special SC Relics Nitro Body     to      

Fender Custom Shop 51 Nocaster Neck For Sale
    - Then in the description I add that I will include free of charge an SC Body + all the relevant hardware plus a set of Fender Custom Shop pick-ups - All for £1850 - The neck alone is worth more than that - Your shout, I can ship it as per the pics and the guitar ready to play or I can break it down into parts and ship accordingly - Either way way I'm selling the neck and giving you the rest of the parts for FREE
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1140
    Gilly said:
    prowla said:
    Strat54 said:

No, it’s not the same scenario.

What makes a Fender Custom Shop neck a Fender Custom Shop neck? 

It’s not the decal or the frets or the wood or the finish or any other part of the neck. It’s the fact that it was made in the CS. It could have non-Fender brand tuners and it would still be a CS neck if it was made there. 

The same is true for a standard non-CS neck. It was made by Fender in their factory, therefore it’s a Fender neck. 

A licensed neck with a Fender decal applied after the fact is not a Fender neck because, although Fender licensed the shape of the neck to some other manufacturer and presumably got paid a royalty for doing so, it was not made by Fender.

Okay I see what you mean. I didn’t realise the decal has been added to the ‘Fender licensed’ neck after manufacture.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1995
    Fender sell necks with the Fender logo on it. Are they concerned it may go on a non Fender body?

The seller has been completely upfront with full disclosure about the guitar that he is selling and by default the buyer accepts that. He hasn't claimed it is a genuine 100% Fender (which of course many sold used aren't either). There has been no attempt to deceive and that is the most important thing as far as the law is concerned. This would never become the subject of court proceedings on that basis alone.

Above all, it's a nice guitar at a good price and, if I didn't already own enough Tele's, I'd consider that above a Fender custom shop.  

If I was ever put on trial for anything I'd want @prowla on the jury with 11 other people with a similarly pragmatic approach. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14663
    tFB Trader
    Devil#20 said:
    Fender sell necks with the Fender logo on it. Are they concerned it may go on a non Fender body?

The seller has been completely upfront with full disclosure about the guitar that he is selling and by default the buyer accepts that. He hasn't claimed it is a genuine 100% Fender (which of course many sold used aren't either). There has been no attempt to deceive and that is the most important thing as far as the law is concerned. This would never become the subject of court proceedings on that basis alone.

Above all, it's a nice guitar at a good price and, if I didn't already own enough Tele's, I'd consider that above a Fender custom shop.  

If I was ever put on trial for anything I'd want @prowla on the jury with 11 other people with a similarly pragmatic approach. 
    don't know if that is a lol or wiz but made me smile 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1367
    Devil#20 said:

I could understand there being an issue if the body had been done up to mimic a CS body (“relic” stamp under pickguard, stamp in neck pocket) or even if it was done in such a way that someone further down the line might start claiming that the body was authentic Fender but differed from regular specs for whatever makey-upey reason, but in this case the body has literally been branded SC Relics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4984
    edited May 22
    I've come up with an option regarding the OP item...
    What if it was sold as a kit, comprising a Fender neck and a fully loaded whateveritis body, etc.?
    That would surely then satisfy any affected notions regarding legaility.
    (The seller could even show it assembled for illustrative purposes.)
    :-)

Sorry, @guitars4you - I only saw your similar post after I'd added this one!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4984
    edited May 22
    Devil#20 said:

Haha - I was on jury duty once and it was an experience: after the prosecution I thought he was innocent and after the defence I thought he was guilty; the police didn't do their job (knocked on doors, no answer, so never followed up) and my overall conclusion was that the prosecution didn't prove their case.
    FYI, my favourite movie is My Cousin Vinny! :-)
    I've also just won a case with a parking scammer.
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 295
    Strat54 said:

It's very similar to Voodoo Chile, but it comes from Turkey instead of being Chilean.
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters