Show a bit of your solo'ing style

What's Hot
167891012»

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10707
    edited September 2015
    Wonderful! You should definitely be mixed louder!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • viz said:
    Wonderful! You should be louder though, no?

And very probably, yes. Like I said, not really mixed - I just adjusted a few levels and rendered it all at the end of two (very) long days of recording. Wasn't even supposed to be doing the guitars, but we finished the drums for all four tracks in one day and got bored...
    <space for hire>
  • Wow - what guitar and amp used? Great sound, great nod to Nuno (one of my fave players)!
  • Wow - what guitar and amp used? Great sound, great nod to Nuno (one of my fave players)!
    :)

Guitar was my Jaden Rose Modern T, with SD Little '59s in neck and bridge. Amp was the Jet City JCA22H on the lead channel with the gain at 6.5, with a bit of delay from my Flashback X4. Ran that into a dummy load, then used 3 Redwirez impulses - one from a Mesa V30 4x12", two from a Soldano 4x12".
    <space for hire>
  • Bugger me, it sounds absolutely amazing - bloody nice one on the tone (and playing!) front!
  • @Voxman - great playing and tone (coil tap?)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26665
    edited September 2015
    Bugger me, it sounds absolutely amazing - bloody nice one on the tone (and playing!) front!
    I was surprised on the tone front myself. Those Jet City amps record really well, and the dummy load was probably my best purchase ever with regard to recording gear. I'm fairly hit-and-miss with sticking mics in front of cabs, and I've tried using impulses on the effects send with limited success, but using impulses on the full amp signal just makes everything livelier. It's the first time I've really had a non-modelling silent-recording option that sounds better to my ears than my old Eleven Rack.
    <space for hire>
  • Wait what dummy load did you use?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26665
    edited September 2015
    Wait what dummy load did you use?
    This one:

£55, it's a bloody bargain.
    <space for hire>
  • Wow that is cheap!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    edited September 2015
    Welp, I almost feel like a fraud posting in this thread filled with people that can actually play guitar properly. This is probably my most solo-ish solo in my band, I'm more inclined to do shorter lead breaks or anti-solo type things.

The solo starts at 2:42.

• Good stuff and pro video!!!
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 784
    Cirrus said:
    Welp, I almost feel like a fraud posting in this thread filled with people that can actually play guitar properly. This is probably my most solo-ish solo in my band, I'm more inclined to do shorter lead breaks or anti-solo type things.

The solo starts at 2:42.

No fraud here Cirrus, just a good sounding solo in a well produced song.