andyoz said:
    What 2 x 12 are you using?

A cornford 2x12 with V30's and also a Harley Benton 2x12 with V30's
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    So you like the V30's then !!
  • @underdog

Speaking to Bryan Ho of Ho Electronics about building me one of his attenuators with an fx loop. Gives me a loop then for any amps I have that don't come with one as standard. :D
  • andyoz;437438" said:
    So you like the V30's then !!
    Indeed. Always used them with my Cornfords etc and they also sound fab with the new Marshall . :D
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Fortheloveofguitar;437595" said:
    @underdog

Speaking to Bryan Ho of Ho Electronics about building me one of his attenuators with an fx loop. Gives me a loop then for any amps I have that don't come with one as standard. :D
    You're good at sorting my problems in advance :D that was my same thought, I don't use much in the way of pedals but would like to be able to attenuate the amp and so putting an fx loop on it at the same time makes sense.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72956
    Technically it's not an attenuator, if it has an FX loop - it must be a dummy load and re-amp system. There's no way to insert FX in a speaker connection unless you first turn the speaker output into a low-level signal, run it through the FX, then re-amplify it to speaker level (even if low). At that point it's more of a wet/dry rig than an attenuated amp, although you aren't hearing the dry signal directly.

It may not make any difference to how you use it, but it's important to know why it's different. (In my opinion.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited December 2014
    underdog;437624" said:
    [quote="Fortheloveofguitar;437595"]@underdog

You're good at sorting my problems in advance :D that was my same thought, I don't use much in the way of pedals but would like to be able to attenuate the amp and so putting an fx loop on it at the same time makes sense.

[/quote]

It's got the 1w switch, isn't they enough attenuation?
  • andyoz said:
    underdog;437624" said:
    [quote="Fortheloveofguitar;437595"]@underdog

[/quote]

It's got the 1w switch, isn't they enough attenuation?

Yes it is more than enough but that's the only device i've found that means i can run it as a loop, just so happens that it is part of an attenuator.

I won't be using any attenuation, just want to be able to use my time based effect with non loop amps without modifying each amp to have a loop put in.

Much cheaper option and having seen some videos of the loop in action it sounds very good  
    edited December 2014
    andyoz;437638" said:
    [quote="underdog;437624"][quote="Fortheloveofguitar;437595"]@underdog

[/quote]

It's got the 1w switch, isn't they enough attenuation?[/quote]

Not it you want it to sound like 5 watt mode, 1 watt squished the sound.

@Fortheloveofguitar a bad cat unleashed is what you after then, but it's not cheap

• underdog said:
    andyoz;437638" said:
    [quote="underdog;437624"][quote="Fortheloveofguitar;437595"]@underdog

[/quote]

It's got the 1w switch, isn't they enough attenuation?[/quote]

Not it you want it to sound like 5 watt mode, 1 watt squished the sound.

@Fortheloveofguitar a bad cat unleashed is what you after then, but it's not cheap

I have looked at those but they are £350 whereas the Ho one will only cost me £258 including shipping.

Also after researching the Bad Cat Unleash i have found a number of complaints about the Effects Loop functions on it. You need to use a buffered pedal in the loop otherwise some of the pedals send a small DC Voltage to it and its knocking out the loop every 30 seconds or so.

I'm not very techy but that seems like a major design flaw for the money they're asking and also how they are promoting it as a great loop.
    See man you got it covered, I knew I could leave this in your hands :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fired up my SL5 and managed to dial in some really nice sounds. I had struggled with it when I first bought it. It really does nail the AFD thing (obviously). A good buy at the moment.
  • andyoz;440377" said:
    Fired up my SL5 and managed to dial in some really nice sounds. I had struggled with it when I first bought it. It really does nail the AFD thing (obviously). A good buy at the moment.

I can't wait to try mine with an fx loop
    edited December 2014
    I have definitely falling back in with my SL5.  Probably because I'm trying to nail Mr Brownstone riffs - God it's a fun song to play like alot of Slash's best stuff!!
    Just got one, 1watt mode only works cranked but 5watt is lovely quiet, loud and everything between the two.

Happy with, was prepared for it to sound overly boxy, but nowhere close to as bad as I was expecting. Really liking the cleans on it too.

He'll of a weight on it for a 5watt though.
  • underdog;460643" said:
    Just got one, 1watt mode only works cranked but 5watt is lovely quiet, loud and everything between the two.

Happy with, was prepared for it to sound overly boxy, but nowhere close to as bad as I was expecting. Really liking the cleans on it too.

Yes my man. Welcome to the club :)

Looking forward to the loop in mine. I have it side by side with my new Cornford Carerra. Two totally different beasts.

All I need now is another small amp solely for cleans.
    edited December 2014
    Fortheloveofguitar;460716" said:
    [quote="underdog;460643"]Just got one, 1watt mode only works cranked but 5watt is lovely quiet, loud and everything between the two.

Looking forward to the loop in mine. I have it side by side with my new Cornford Carerra. Two totally different beasts.

All I need now is another small amp solely for cleans. [/quote]

Really enjoying it, will try through a couple of cabs tomorrow. Not done much fiddling about, tried 1w and 5w modes, twiddled things to get decent sound the played it for 5 minutes (it felt like 5 mins) turns out it was almost 2 hours.

Will give it a decent playing with tomorrow, try both inputs etc.

• underdog;460797" said:
    [quote="Fortheloveofguitar;460716"][quote="underdog;460643"]Just got one, 1watt mode only works cranked but 5watt is lovely quiet, loud and everything between the two.

All I need now is another small amp solely for cleans. [/quote]

Really enjoying it, will try through a couple of cabs tomorrow. Not done much fiddling about, tried 1w and 5w modes, twiddled things to get decent sound the played it for 5 minutes (it felt like 5 mins) turns out it was almost 2 hours.

Will give it a decent playing with tomorrow, try both inputs etc.

[/quote]

Theres a definite difference between inputs so play around.

The amp is unreal with a les Paul. Active pups also kick ass.

• Is it loud enough to gig with? Agree, I lifted one in the shop and was surprised how heavy it was for 5W!
  • thomasross20;461046" said:
    Is it loud enough to gig with? Agree, I lifted one in the shop and was surprised how heavy it was for 5W!
    You will need to mic it up.