Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What famous guitarists live near you?

What's Hot

Comments

• No one famous in Sherborne, nearest is rock guy Jo Burt played bass for Black Sabbath and Freddie Mercury, came to watch me play a couple of weeks ago!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    edited December 2014
    As far as I'm aware no guitarist of note has ever emerged from Grimsby although the guy who wrote Michael Jacksons Thriller was born in Cleethorpes,just down the road.

Oh yeah,my mate Gav's band supported Diamond Head in November so he's the most famous guitar player living near me :D
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Snap;442111" said:

Nick Clegg used to live across the road, and he on the other hand, is a mighty big twat. I bet he doesn't play guitar.
    He can probably shred like a bastard and is more than likely better than most of us ;)

• I've seen Mani from The Stone Roses in a few pubs near me, and at the farm a few weeks back!
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1778
    No one famous in Sherborne, nearest is rock guy Jo Burt played bass for Black Sabbath and Freddie Mercury, came to watch me play a couple of weeks ago!

Freddie Mercury came to your gig a couple of weeks ago?! I'm sorry to break the news but I don't think that was him ;-)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1778
    Alex James from Blur (and now celebrity farmer) grew up not to far from where I did and used to frequent a coffee shop opposite one of the first places I worked. I think that Mungo Jerry lives in Poole which is a few miles from where I used to live, but then there'll be a lot of famous people with houses in Sandbanks (Poole) as its one of the most expensive places to buy a house in the world.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Boris, ex-bassist with The Cure lives in town and can often be seen in the bar/cafe. Siouxsie Sioux also has a big house in town and rode (horses) at the same place as my partner and our daughter. Now she is properly glam!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    You think that's special, @monquixote lives in my house!
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chappers doesn't live near me but if he did....oh if he did!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Snap said:
    George Harrison's humungous house is in Henley on Thames, which is on the berkshire/oxfordshire border.
    It's actually on the Berkshire/Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire border. Not that far from me. Really nice town.

Jimmy Page lives in the nearby-ish village of Sonning as well.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • BigMonka said:
    No one famous in Sherborne, nearest is rock guy Jo Burt played bass for Black Sabbath and Freddie Mercury, came to watch me play a couple of weeks ago!

Freddie Mercury came to your gig a couple of weeks ago?! I'm sorry to break the news but I don't think that was him ;-)

Thought he didn't look well!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bryan May'a mum lived opposite my brother's ex-girlfriend's parent's house. I'm sure she must have picked Bryan's guitar once or twice.

Oh the stories I could tell...
  • Phil hillborne about two miles away and my friend is his next door neighbour
  • Jeff Beck

I was standing pondering Garlic bread in Sainsburys Tunbridge Wells when I lived there, really not paying attention just out with the Mrs shopping. Voice next to me said Baguette or Ciabata what you reckon, I said Baguette looked up it was Beck. 

So we discussed Garlic bread for a couple of minutes he put two granary garlic baguettes in his trolley. 

I just stood there doing a double take then the mrs came and rescued me I said I think that was Jeff Beck she said oh yeah he lives out the back of TW, she having lived there for years. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Jason Leonard lives in the next street. He's not a muso though.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited December 2014
    Scott Walker. 

(He does play the guitar occasionally). 

I've seen him doing his shopping. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited December 2014
    Skarloey;442717" said:
    Scott Walker. 

(He does play the guitar occasionally). 

I've seen him doing his shopping. 
    Indeed. I remember being facinated by this performance almost twenty years ago!

Previously known as stevebrum
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    breakstuff;442314" said:
    As far as I'm aware no guitarist of note has ever emerged from Grimsby although the guy who wrote Michael Jacksons Thriller was born in Cleethorpes,just down the road.

Oh yeah,my mate Gav's band supported Diamond Head in November so he's the most famous guitar player living near me :D
    Keith Chegwin's aunt used to live in grimsby - what more do you want?

What about Illustrious GY?!

Previously known as stevebrum
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Bryan May'a mum lived opposite my brother's ex-girlfriend's parent's house. I'm sure she must have picked Bryan's guitar once or twice.

Oh the stories I could tell...
    Who is this Bryan of which you refer? I'm Brian and so's my wife...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Clapton...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>