A 2015 mod a Harley Benton guitar challenge?

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27525
    Thanks @themeinside - I've already tried that email addy, just in case marketing@thomann.de didn't do English!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It appears that may be the case! How irritating that we haven't had a reply. Still, they are now, in theory, readied for a message, so it might be worth sending one more chasing up email to that address? 
    It appears that may be the case! How irritating that we haven't had a reply. Still, they are now, in theory, readied for a message, so it might be worth sending one more chasing up email to that address? 
    Done.

To both international@thomann.de and marketing@thomann.de

Subject matter of email;  "One final attempt at making contact".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    Hope this kicks off soon.....I've started buying bits!  lol
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Might be worth trying Customer Care too @TTony - sc.cc@thomann.de

They seem to reply much quicker than the international address.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    Why not phone them up?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Just looked up the Harley Benton brand on wikipedia and although they're made in China, they are owned by a south korean parent company who manufacture guitars for Epiphone, Ibanez and Peavey. Those are big hitters.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    edited January 2015
    This thread has brought to my attention how cheap Harley Benton Teles are, so cheap I'll be buying a TE-20 Tele to cannabalise for my Thinline 72 build (photo below).
    I'll use all the hardware (neckplate, knobs, strap buttons, ferrules, etc) and sell the pick-ups, body and neck on eBay. Might even make a profit!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6123
    has anyone thought of getting a "decoration" guitar?
    I've been seriously eying up one of them acoustic basses for 50 quid. They show it has having a small dent on the back near the heel. Apart from that it looks good. 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    equalsql said:
    I've been seriously eying up one of them acoustic basses for 50 quid. They show it has having a small dent on the back near the heel. Apart from that it looks good. 
    Where can you find out the damage to the deko stuff? There's a bass I fancy for 33 quid!
  • JudasVigilanteJudasVigilante Frets: 74
    edited January 2015
    After much deliberation I've decided to go for the below guitar as apposed to the triple HB sg I was gonna get. The SG had wilkinson kit throughout and probably didn't warrant any or much of a hardware upgrade, so any mods would have been cosmetic/finishing. I'll save 'her' for another day. Gonna go for the ash body tele with maple neck, and with the first three digits of the price being 666 in (£'s) it must rock. It's a sign he screams at his computer!

Can I just check with you good good people, the finishing date is by summer this year? Am I right? Is there an exact date and can we start buying/modding yet?

Cheers everyone,

Paul
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbt30be_egitarre.htm
    Exact date - no.  (It's not formal!).

Buy now - if you want to, but I'm hoping that Thomann (or an alternative) would do us some sort of "deal".

• enteeentee Frets: 93
    Ordered mine - impatience won out  lol
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    longjaw said:
    equalsql said:
    Where can you find out the damage to the deko stuff? There's a bass I fancy for 33 quid!
    pot luck
    not found anyone cursing so far though
  • At least half a dozen "deko" instruments have been bought by guys over at Basschat, all of them perfectly playable apparently. Cosmetic issues for the most part. 
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    equalsql said:
    I am delighted with mine (needed better stings, though).  I made the same comment but apparently, the 'dent' is a purposely added 'D' to designate it as a Deko quality reject...it seems to be often a lot tougher to work out why it was rejected in the first place.  It actually does HB quality standards great credit. 
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1677
    Aw, man. I've got about 4 or 5 ideas now that I can't decide between:

1. Keef Micawber Tribute
    2. ES355 style with a bigsby
    3. Carve some body contours into a Tele, paint it Ocean Turquoise and stick a p90 in the neck
    4 - 5 Take a LP Jr. type or a JM type and turn it into something akin to a Fano Alt De Facto type guitar. I mean, what's the difference between this

...and this...

CLUE: about £2.5K!!!
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    I know there's no 3-year warranty on the decoration instruments, but does anyone know if are stull covered by the 30 day thing? (If not, would the statutory 14 days still apply?)

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• Just ordered my HB TE 30 standard in biege. Now for parts!