A 2015 mod a Harley Benton guitar challenge?

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Finally put money in bank today now explorer or 335, it's a tough choice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @underdog Explorer. No one else has done it yet, so a good original choice if you're already seriously considering it. I mean, that has nothing to do with me being extremely curious to see one in real pictures or anything... :P
    edited February 2015
    themeinside;526274" said:
    @underdog Explorer. No one else has done it yet, so a good original choice if you're already seriously considering it. I mean, that has nothing to do with me being extremely curious to see one in real pictures or anything... :P
    I had decided on the explorer (even before it became a challenge on here :D) but it was seeing the pic of a 335 someone got the other day, it looked lovely.

Ok explorer it is, not sure how different it will look unless the finish is terrible then it's staying black, will see about the rest when it gets here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wasn't the guitar that inspired this whole debacle this one: 

(It's an offset thing with P90s for not very much money).
    Did ANYONE actually buy one?
    Just gone to order when I had 5 mins at work and I can't find an explorer on there now :(
  • underdog said:
    Just gone to order when I had 5 mins at work and I can't find an explorer on there now :(
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Oh no, I missed my window too :( Threatened by Gibson, potentially?
    themeinside;532253" said:
    underdog said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Oh no, I missed my window too :( Threatened by Gibson, potentially?
    I'm on my mobile so maybe I will have more luck after work on PC
  • underdog said:
    themeinside;532253" said:
    underdog said:

Doesn't look like it, I just checked the white one and it 'isn't part of the product range' anymore...
    themeinside;532300" said:
    underdog said:

themeinside;532253" said:underdog said:

Doesn't look like it, I just checked the white one and it 'isn't part of the product range' anymore...
    Gutted. They've dropped all explorer shapes, even the ones with the trem. Crazy Germans, now I'm a bit stuck for the challenge.
  • underdog said:
    themeinside;532300" said:
    underdog said:

Gutted. They've dropped all explorer shapes, even the ones with the trem. Crazy Germans, now I'm a bit stuck for the challenge.
    I've mailed and tweeted them, just to check that it isn't a glitch on the site. And if it isn't, they might have a few left that they'd be willing to sell direct... possibly for a cheaper price...
    themeinside;532308" said:
    underdog said:

themeinside;532300" said:underdog said:

I've mailed and tweeted them, just to check that it isn't a glitch on the site. And if it isn't, they might have a few left that they'd be willing to sell direct... possibly for a cheaper price...
    Good man, I dropped them a mail too, I had everything planned and got some parts ready that wouldn't really fit in my plan B of the 335 style guitar.

edited February 2015
    Back on site in next few days :D they just mailed me back. I'm wondering if there's been a special change to them? Seems odd for them to be "no longer part of the product line" rather than simply out of stock.
    edited February 2015
    And they're back on the site and I've placed my order.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    They did that with the P90 Goldtop I wanted, they're back at the end of March....
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27509
    Niallmo said:
    They did that with the P90 Goldtop I wanted, they're back at the end of March....
    There's a P90 goldtop ???

8->

Maybe I will play after all.  But on second thoughts, how would you mod a P90 goldtop ???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5471
    My HB mod project has now become a 80s Ibanez mod project, so I'm out. I think I'd be like a lot of you anyway, order a guitar then wonder what to do to it or if it even needs done!
    TTony said:
    Niallmo said:
    Wouldn't mod it, just want one! There's a P90 goldtop ???

8->

Maybe I will play after all.  But on second thoughts, how would you mod a P90 goldtop ???
    I wouldn't, I just want one. It was the one I wanted in the first place but it disappeared for a while.

However I have just done four full reviews so I might get a few vouchers....
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    My 335 should finally be here tomorrow (after it originally showed up transformed into two stylophones and a packet of strings)

Not really sure what to do with it as I don't have any tools/bottles of acid, so I'm thinking I'll either steal my lad's airbrush and go pop, or maybe do a paper finish and smother it with manga

• stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited February 2015
    My HB Te52 is hanging on my shoulders now. It really IS rather decent- plays well and sounds like a telecaster should, that's all I could ask of a guitar that cost about the same as my last tank of petrol!

The more I play it, the less sure I am that my mods would "improve" it. 
    Still can't wait to go ahead though!

I'd love a Goldtop, but not in gold- that'd be my first mod for one of those!

So, €30 voucher for my reviews. Might have a look at some B-Stock. Could also have a look at some parts. I've put my Risewoid back to its original neck and 'plate but left it as an esquire. I have an idea to do the .720 neck mod to it, basically shaving a few mm from the heel to make it sit lower in the neck pocket. The Squire neck I had on it was thinner at the heel and was lower. I like the strings close to the scratchplate.