Past members who never returned

What's Hot

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Took me a while to find this place. I was bereft when MR went. Really glad when I found TFB. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave Malam
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24322
    Minky !!  XLR8...  I always hoped he would let me have a go at driving a 747 that he flies.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Nitefly said:
    The Overbear.
    Sam Coyle Botfield? His brother (Botfield Major) still posts.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Emp_Fab;492148" said:
    Minky !!  XLR8...  I always hoped he would let me have a go at driving a 747 that he flies.
    Pilot, guitar builder and handsome. Is better for my self esteem he isn't here...
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    holnrew said:
    Emp_Fab;492148" said:
    Pilot, guitar builder and handsome. Is better for my self esteem he isn't here...
    Yeah, but he doesn't have pets, and therefore isn't awesomes.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Skodster
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Lixarto;491423" said:
    TTony said:

Lixarto said:

Bertie left for the same reason Sporky did.

Speaking as someone who still chats with Andi semi-regularly, I bet he didn't.

I talk to them both :)
    Why they leave lix?
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2015
    blueskunk said:
    Skodster
    I forgot about him...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9634
    Nocaster's pedal kits website is gone as well. Shame, I built one of his OCD clones.

Is Mark D Phillips of Phillips Cleartone Conversions still with us?
  • blueskunk said:
    Skodster

I still speak to him all the time.

By which I actually mean I read some of his ball-achingly turgid posts on Sound On Sound until he was resoundingly banned for choosing a RIP Bobby Womack thread to tell the world that he thought he was better than the massively overrated Bobby Womack and that the Bobby Womack was only really famous for being dead.  Then attacking everyone who questioned this like a rabid honey-badger on heat.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    ^^^^
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Past members who never returned.......let's see now...........Drew?

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    He will be back...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    I felt sorry for Skodster, he was a solid chap until he went totally off the rails. Some of the behaviour to someone who was clearly mentally ill was, IMO, distasteful.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2015
    VimFuego said:
    I felt sorry for Skodster, he was a solid chap until he went totally off the rails. Some of the behaviour to someone who was clearly mentally ill was, IMO, distasteful.

I've said it before and I completely agree.  He obviously does have issues.  I must say in fairness to those over on Sound On Sound their responses to him were all very reasonable but it was only heading in one direction.

That said he becomes a difficult one as he spammed their forum constantly with his tracks and when people did genuinely try and give him constructive advice he attacked them.  There is a only a certain level to which you can expect other internet users to make allowances or take responsibility for what may or may not be someone's state of mind at the time of posting and ideally you would hope that it's the people around them in the real world that help monitor and tackle that and perhaps advice that such interactions aren't in their best interest.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    mrchi said:
    He will be back...

The Drewminator. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    You can bump into him on the Kemper forum from time to time.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    edited January 2015
    VimFuego said:

I've said it before and I completely agree.  He obviously does have issues.  I must say in fairness to those over on Sound On Sound their responses to him were all very reasonable but it was only heading in one direction.

That said he becomes a difficult one as he spammed their forum constantly with his tracks and when people did genuinely try and give him constructive advice he attacked them.  There is a only a certain level to which you can expect other internet users to make allowances or take responsibility for what may or may not be someone's state of mind at the time of posting and ideally you would hope that it's the people around them in the real world that help monitor and tackle that and perhaps advice that such interactions aren't in their best interest.

oh, I see what you mean. An analogy would be, if someone who is clearly barking is shitting in your front garden you're gonna stop em, even if they don't know what you're doing (let's face it, skod isn't the only person who uses mental issues to get away with anti social behaviour), there's only so far you can go, there are limits to our responsibility for our fellow man. I was referring more to the sort of comments made by @bucket in this thread. There was a lot of that sort of stuff thrown his way.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom