Past members who never returned

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Manic's good. He does pop up here occasionally, but mostly on FB.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    bingefeller;493987" said:
    jd0272 said:

I recall criticising a young chap on MR who had a Slash obsession, and he posted a terrible video of himself killing some G'n'R. I Immediately wished I had not posted. I hope he's well. Can't recall his Username. Sometimes I fucking hate the interweb. And me.

Ah yeah I remember that thread. His screen name was something like Trebor.  Yeah that was tough going for him. 
    Thanks for the apology.

I got over it eventually!

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24286
    Snap said:

Clintlinguist - remember him? I remember him flipping his lid threatening to cut someone up with a "boxcutter". Now there was someone with some proper Premier league grade issues.

Oh blimey!

Cut your baby penis with a boxcutter!! 

I remember that bloke. Was he american? - Stanley Knife would be the proper term here!
  • Snap said:

Clintlinguist - remember him? I remember him flipping his lid threatening to cut someone up with a "boxcutter". Now there was someone with some proper Premier league grade issues.

That was the funniest trolling ever! I remember someone had made a flow chart about how he acted on forums.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

• Snap said:

Synthman - is this the legend that is Richard Steed?? I hope so, I miss him, he was/is ace. Completely of his rocker, but great value.The saviour of pop music isn't he?

@Snap - yeah Synthman is Richard Steed (whom I was actually referring to earlier when I had him confused with Skodster).  He did pop up here briefly to promote his (at the time) latest masterpiece.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • was Jesus ever a FB member...?

The amount of people this thread has brought back from the dead I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16295
    was Jesus ever a FB member...?

Ooh, I think he was on MR certainly. Little cartoon Jesus as his avatar IIRC.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    He was going through some pretty hard stuff so had to go on extended hiatus. Some Italians were really angry with him and it looked like it might seriously affect his time spent online.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

He was someones sock-puppet (I can't remember who), he slipped one afternoon and got confused between himself and his alter-ego, and got caught-out.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264

Snap said:

Synthman - is this the legend that is Richard Steed?? I hope so, I miss him, he was/is ace. Completely of his rocker, but great value.The saviour of pop music isn't he?

@Snap - yeah Synthman is Richard Steed (whom I was actually referring to earlier when I had him confused with Skodster).  He did pop up here briefly to promote his (at the time) latest masterpiece.
    ace. What I liked even more about him was that I never could work out if he was truly serious or it all was some elaborate satire. I have a feeling its the former. I think he really believes it.

Clintlinguist - british, neew him from another forum, where he actually was quite normal. Someone must have activated his meltdown button, as he went right off the edge. Probably banged up now for GBH after someone slated a track he put on a jukebox in a pub:

"it's gary fucking numan you fucking waste of space....he's a jesushchrist bastard synth legend! Im gonna circumcise you with my motherfucking swiss army knife you BABY.....YAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

5 years, take him down.........
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    d8m;494163" said:
    [quote="bingefeller;493987"]jd0272 said:

I recall criticising a young chap on MR who had a Slash obsession, and he posted a terrible video of himself killing some G'n'R. I Immediately wished I had not posted. I hope he's well. Can't recall his Username. Sometimes I fucking hate the interweb. And me.

Ah yeah I remember that thread. His screen name was something like Trebor.  Yeah that was tough going for him. 
    Thanks for the apology.

I got over it eventually![/quote]

No????? Really?????

Cheers dude :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    Azza was still my favourite, though I do feel bad about the way we treated him (I say we, there can't be many here who in MR that far back so I'm thinking mostly me TBH).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522

mike_l said:

He was someones sock-puppet (I can't remember who), he slipped one afternoon and got confused between himself and his alter-ego, and got caught-out.

iirc that was dudeiferous.

Also I'm not sure nabokov, lbix, sammo303, suityou816 or sfocata ever made the jump. Most others I remember have been mentioned... there was the guy with the Harpo Marx avatar who got married and subsequently split who was cool but I foget his name... there have been many, many cool people pass through here and MR tbh and I hope they are all doing awesome wherever they are

All practice and no theory

I think it was now you mention it.

I do remember the slip-up, as it was me that called him on it. I did have to chuckle to myself.

mike_l said:

I think it was now you mention it.

I do remember the slip-up, as it was me that called him on it. I did have to chuckle to myself.

Yeah I remember it too, proper facepalm stuff :D

... or was it MattANJH?

Wasn't MattANJH, I do think Dudiferous was the guy.

MattANJH was cool - I remember him posting his American Psycho-esque daily beauty regime and getting roasted for it :D

iirc dudeiferous went to the States where I'm sure his Jesus impersonations go down really really well...

Agree that Matt was cool, hell of a guitarist too.

IIRC he was in a band who were playing at Bloodstock a few years ago.

Anyone remember Manicfest?

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    anyone who remembers manicfest wasn't there (using the rationale that I wasn't there yet I remember it).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom