Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @ThorpyFX congratulations again man, great news for the demo and the article.

So I dropped a ball and didn't pick up a Muffroom while I had a chance and now they are nowhere to be seen, do you have an ETA on your next batch to the major dealers or on your site?

Many thanks and I'll never let this happen again, I've learned my lesson.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @ThorpyFX congratulations again man, great news for the demo and the article.

So I dropped a ball and didn't pick up a Muffroom while I had a chance and now they are nowhere to be seen, do you have an ETA on your next batch to the major dealers or on your site?

Many thanks and I'll never let this happen again, I've learned my lesson.

thanks very much indeed. well, here's the score... I'm building like a madman and the orders are being satisfied in the order they are received..... The lead time is approximately four weeks from the point of ordering, it's going up every day and soon I'll be changing the website to reflect this. Demand is off the scale and the dealers have just been cleaned out. Please bare in mind I delivered a big order to Andertons last Saturday...... And now they have all gone too. I delivered to PGS in the states and within days they had to reorder. I don't declare when I deliver to dealers because that's between me and them. The two things I can suggest are these, check the websites of the dealers regularly or place a preorder with my website. Hope that helps?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Of course mate, I'd never expect that either. Will keep an eye out! :-) good luck with it all

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    ThorpyFX said:

So- to celebrate being around for our first year we at ThorpyFx want to do something to celebrate: we will be giving away this Prototype no one Muffroom Cloud pedal. Sonically identical to the production item but...... It comes in a standard box. It's been gigged and used so bears a few scratches..... If you'd like a bit of ThorpyFx history here's what you need to do. Share this page amongst your guitar mates if you can get two or more likes added to this page then you are entered into the hat to win the pedal. The draw will take place on 24th Nov. Best of luck!

Sorted, got you 10 new likes already according to my Facebook notifications.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27077
    edited November 2015
    All this waiting list stuff is fantastic to see. Well deserved, and not just forum-hype if all the reviews are to be believed. 

Sooooo..... when can I get a Mooer copy? ;)

"Chuffroom Cloud" has a nice ring to it...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    All this waiting list stuff is fantastic to see. Well deserved, and not just forum-hype if all the reviews are to be believed. 

Sooooo..... when can I get a Mooer copy? ;)

"Chuffroom Cloud" has a nice ring to it...Thanks very much indeed! 

Rowby1 said:
    ThorpyFX said:

So- to celebrate being around for our first year we at ThorpyFx want to do something to celebrate: we will be giving away this Prototype no one Muffroom Cloud pedal. Sonically identical to the production item but...... It comes in a standard box. It's been gigged and used so bears a few scratches..... If you'd like a bit of ThorpyFx history here's what you need to do. Share this page amongst your guitar mates if you can get two or more likes added to this page then you are entered into the hat to win the pedal. The draw will take place on 24th Nov. Best of luck!

Sorted, got you 10 new likes already according to my Facebook notifications.
    perfect, thanks very much- and you are in with a chance of winning too.
  • stickyfiddle;842084" said:

Made by Chorpy?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • EricTheWeary;842128" said:
    [quote="stickyfiddle;842084"]All this waiting list stuff is fantastic to see. Well deserved, and not just forum-hype if all the reviews are to be believed. 

Made by Chorpy? [/quote]

We could get PGS Chandy to demo it. And, err... Chappers! :D

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • So Chappers is a Chinese sleeper agent who has been waiting for a way to cause chaos and paranoia in the UK since the Cold War and finally grabbed his chance via the medium of gear reviews on YouTube? He invited ThorpyFX into the studio ostensibly to review some pedals but really he was after British military secrets. Suddenly it all makes sense...
    tFB Trader
    So Chappers is a Chinese sleeper agent who has been waiting for a way to cause chaos and paranoia in the UK since the Cold War and finally grabbed his chance via the medium of gear reviews on YouTube? He invited ThorpyFX into the studio ostensibly to review some pedals but really he was after British military secrets. Suddenly it all makes sense...

he didnt get anything from me!
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    tFB Trader
    A bit like Randy Mice Davis back in Profumo days

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    A bit like Randy Mice Davis back in Profumo days
    Well, he would say that wouldn't he...

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • Got the Muffroom, jeez is it a belter!! Love the look and feel even better in the flesh!

Gunshot soon me thinks, can't wait to see what's next!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • AllyAlly Frets: 64
    Gunshot on its way to me. Looking forward to it after all the great reviews and videos.
    tFB Trader
    Ally said:
    Gunshot on its way to me. Looking forward to it after all the great reviews and videos.

congratulations! Hope you love it
  • Anyone seen the latest Thorpy tease on Facebook? I'm not on Facebook, but I often look at it just to keep up to date with companies I take a vested interest in. 

Looks like the new pedal is called "Peacekeeper"!

I reckon it's a really high quality, boutique mute button.

Anyone else have any profound thoughts? 

I don't understand circuit boards and I'm sure @ThorpyFX is sensible enough to hide any components that could give anything away, though I'm not sure if there are any clues there?

tFB Trader
    Anyone seen the latest Thorpy tease on Facebook? I'm not on Facebook, but I often look at it just to keep up to date with companies I take a vested interest in. 

I don't understand circuit boards and I'm sure @ThorpyFX is sensible enough to hide any components that could give anything away, though I'm not sure if there are any clues there?
    definetly no clues!!! apart from its a pedal
  • ThorpyFX;849771" said:
    Jonathanthomas83 said:

Anyone seen the latest Thorpy tease on Facebook? I'm not on Facebook, but I often look at it just to keep up to date with companies I take a vested interest in. 

definetly no clues!!! apart from its a pedal
    And that it has a bass and middle control (presumably a treble too.) Or do I misunderstand the writing?
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
  • I'm fairly sure you mentioned a low gain pedal coming next? Although many, many people have suggested a high quality mute button would improve my sound no end...