Artists where you only like 1 of their albums

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• gazzaukgazzauk Frets: 36
    Piper at the Gates of Dawn is the only PF album I can stand - they just seemed to get so wanky and pretentious on the other albums
    Not sure it's humanly possible to be more pretentious and wanky than calling an album 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited August 2015
    gazzauk said:
    Piper at the Gates of Dawn is the only PF album I can stand - they just seemed to get so wanky and pretentious on the other albums
    Not sure it's humanly possible to be more pretentious and wanky than calling an album 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn!
    @BloodEagle I guess you're unaware of 

"My people were fair and had sky in their hair, but now they're content to wear stars on their brows"

by the pre-glam rock era Marc Bolan and Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Now that's an album title!

(and the "Piper" title is from Wind in the Willows)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72505
    edited August 2015
    gazzauk said:
    Easily…

Brain Salad Surgery, Tales From Topographic Oceans and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway for starters!

(All of which are quite good, by the way :).)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23009
    edited August 2015
    gazzauk said:

It's taken from the title of a chapter in The Wind in the Willows.  I don't think that's pretentious and wanky.

• XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    Therapy - I only like Troublegum
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • Pink Floyd- Darkside of the Moon.

Should I hand in my membership as I leave??

Wulfhere said:
    Therapy - I only like Troublegum
    I've actually come to prefer Infernal Love- I think it's probably a better complete album. It lacks the killer singles from Troublegum though.
  • Wings - Band on the run. I just find the majority of other stuff absolutely pish.