Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5187
    Is GOT set on a flat earth or a globe?
    Unclear. Quite a lot of the setting is loosely based on late mediaeval/early renaissance Europe, so none of the characters are aware of much beyond what we've seen in the show (Qarth, where Danaerys ended up back in s2 is about as far east as anyone knows about, Westeros is the furthest west). In the books it's mentioned that explorers have gone west from Westeros expecting to find a passage to the east but so far none have returned. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7612
    Is GOT set on a flat earth or a globe?
    Unclear. Quite a lot of the setting is loosely based on late mediaeval/early renaissance Europe, so none of the characters are aware of much beyond what we've seen in the show (Qarth, where Danaerys ended up back in s2 is about as far east as anyone knows about, Westeros is the furthest west). In the books it's mentioned that explorers have gone west from Westeros expecting to find a passage to the east but so far none have returned. 

Drogon is descended from the great A'tuin 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    IT'S BACK!

New season started last night in the US, tonight for Sky viewers. Final season, only 6 episodes....
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24704
    Already available to stream if you have the right service for it.

I've got a NOW TV pass, so that's my lunch time sorted.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4340
    I didn’t watch it until I saw Hardhome from series 5 round a friend’s house and was hooked straight away. 

Box set purchased and a lot of watching ensued. 

I got up a bit earlier for work and watched the first episode this morning. My Sky gets disconnected today (planned that well)! So I’m off to Tesco to get a Now TV USB at lunchtime. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12457
    We got up before the kids so we could watch it. Decided to forego our usual GOT wine!
  • SRichSRich Frets: 763
    Laptop viewing at 2:00am!...most folks wouldnt understand... ;)

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28348
    Never seen it. Am I missing out?

To be honest I can't generally be bothered with swords and dragons and flagons since I stopped playing D&D at about 15. I'm not that into multi series with millions of episodes either. I prefer a good 6 parter, that's about my attention span for TV.

First episode a good place to start or did it take a while to get going?
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4677
    Was under the impression that each episode was to be longer so was slightly disappointed when it wasnt :-( 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I'll be signed up to that Now TV thingy for this.

Don't have Sky so we watched all the previous seasons on DVD when each season came out, and mostly managed to avoid spoilers, but somehow I think that'll be difficult for this.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12454
    axisus said:
    Never seen it. Am I missing out?

To be honest I can't generally be bothered with swords and dragons and flagons since I stopped playing D&D at about 15. I'm not that into multi series with millions of episodes either. I prefer a good 6 parter, that's about my attention span for TV.

First episode a good place to start or did it take a while to get going?
    It’s great right from the start and you need to watch it in sequence anyway, or it won’t make much sense. 
    Yes it has swords and dragons but it’s more political than anything else so not really dungeons and dragons. It also has a fair bit of naked ladies in the earlier episodes. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    Yep, I've signed up for the NOW TV pass to watch it as well - and a fiver back from QuidCo to boot :)

That's our evening sorted!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8827
    On here, surely...

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1756
    I cannot read this thread as started on S01E01 just last week. On 5th episode so far and I'm worried i won't be able to catch up soon enough as spoilers are everywhere you look :)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27384
    First ep good :)

I'll say no more till it hits the UK
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7612
    Watched on Sky at 2 am (preceded it immediately with the final ep of S7 to get me warmed up) - very impressed and liking that they seem to be rattling through plot development 
    Red ones are better. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1324
    I'm not as hooked as I was when beyond the wall was still all a mystery.  I feel like they jumped the shark a bit with the dragon thing too.

Now we're all just waiting for the grand finale and to see which kind of sad happy ending they chose.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27384
    While I agree I'm not actually looking forward to the inevitable huge CGI battle, I don't think for a second there will be a happy ending.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6401
    Superb so far, liked the ending very much !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2944
    Recorded the 2.00am showing and got up early this morning to watch before went to work.  I loved the look the dragon gave Jon.  Reminded me of me when the daughters brought a new partner home for the first time.