Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6401
    Jalapeno said:
    DLM said:
    @ToneControl @Axe_meister Those are things that only happen in the TV series (so far):

"thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold."

"So she won't be able to do it again?"

"Probably not."

Word on the street is. GRRM isn't very happy with the direction the show's taken, and how it's diverged from the books. This will probably be one of the reasons why.
    Well he could release the last 2 books ...
    I'm sure he will when they're finished. What's your point? 
    That he's a very slow writer, sold the TV rights, so hasn't really got any grounds for expressing a negative opinion.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5186
    Jalapeno said:
    Jalapeno said:
    DLM said:
    @ToneControl @Axe_meister Those are things that only happen in the TV series (so far):

"thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold."

"So she won't be able to do it again?"

"Probably not."

Word on the street is. GRRM isn't very happy with the direction the show's taken, and how it's diverged from the books. This will probably be one of the reasons why.
    Well he could release the last 2 books ...
    I'm sure he will when they're finished. What's your point? 
    That he's a very slow writer, sold the TV rights, so hasn't really got any grounds for expressing a negative opinion.
    I don't follow. It's still his story so I think it's fair enough for him to have an opinion on how someone else chooses to tell it. I'd prefer for him to be a faster writer but I don't see how his progress on the books alters his right to an opinion on the show. 

Eventually we'll have the story in full in both forms and people will be able to judge for themselves the strengths and weaknesses of each. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    This season was a bit cack to be honest. Everything moved too fast and was decidedly predictable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27381
    Drew_TNBD said:
    This season was a bit cack to be honest. Everything moved too fast and was decidedly predictable.
    Hard to disagree. Loads of Really Big Stuff happened but none of it had half as much weight as the Red Wedding or death of Jon Snow or Hodor ( :( )
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2428
    On reflection, I'm a little pissed that a series that started off so strong has wound up in to a bit of a rushed mess. Also, it's disheartening that GRRM gave the up the rights for it to be adapted to TV before even he knows what the ending is, and as a result the writers are trying to wrap it up satisfyingly, yet their capabilities have been eclipsed by the monster it has become. It's become so big, no fecker knows how to end it. Call me cynical, but I reckon the final season will be a disappointing conclusion.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7611
    I liked this last episode - pacing was a bit more back to the usual/sensible.
    Loved how the scene in the Great Hall was handled - more than one reference in this episode to Starks being Starks and recalling Ned's wisdom and strength of character (and imo THAT is each of his children's real birthright, Jon and even Theon included - hope that lad redeems himself fully)

I think the big reveal in the final season has to be the Night King's backstory - I know that we know he was inadvertently created by the Children of the Forest but that was only referenced briefly a long time ago - and for some reason there seems to be lots of internet speculation that he and Bran are one and the same which confuses me greatly. 

I hope they don't save up all the final series' budget for the big battle (I read that the Battle Of The Bastards episode was meant to heavily feature Ghost but they decided it was too much CGI time/cost so didn't bother :-(  ) - after all it's lkely to contain 3 dragons, and a bunch of giants.
    Red ones are better. 
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    This season had a distinct lack of Titties for me, aside from that I loved it. Hope the final season has more Titties a nice bit of Fanny and some serious death. That would make me happy. Apologies for the lack of tact and decorum but I love the Titties.
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16824
    edited August 2017
    They were noticeable by their absence this series.  It does happen every winter in real life though

and why did I suddenly find myself routing for Theon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12111
    WezV said:
    Because you were re-wiring his guitar? :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    DLM said:
    Is Jon Fireproof?
    On TV? No idea. In the books, no. Neither is Dany, says GRRM. Special magic was at play in Drogo's pyre.
    And when the baby dragons killed the Wizard
    Also not in the books. It's very important to note that in the books, Dany's hair all burns off. That can't happen on TV. It'd make Clarke less sexxay. I shall miss Baelish. Great character, perhaps too intricate for TV.
    WezV said:
    I think the implement Tyrion offered Joffrey is a more likely product of Wez labours, given the context: https://memecrunch.com/meme/AGPUR/then-you-ll-be-fucking-your-own-bride-with-a-wooden-cock/image.png
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16824
    DLM said:
    DLM said:
    Is Jon Fireproof?
    On TV? No idea. In the books, no. Neither is Dany, says GRRM. Special magic was at play in Drogo's pyre.
    And when the baby dragons killed the Wizard
    Also not in the books. It's very important to note that in the books, Dany's hair all burns off. That can't happen on TV. It'd make Clarke less sexxay. I shall miss Baelish. Great character, perhaps too intricate for TV.
    WezV said:
    I think the implement Tyrion offered Joffrey is a more likely product of Wez labours, given the context: https://memecrunch.com/meme/AGPUR/then-you-ll-be-fucking-your-own-bride-with-a-wooden-cock/image.png
    Oddly, I have been asked to make sex toys before.  But it was paddles rather than dildos.  That's what you get for discussing carbon fibre reinforcement with a professional pervert.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13973
    Season 8 finale SPOILER:

look away of you don't want to know

Jon Snow shouts out "A-wop-bom-a-loo-mop" and the rest of the gang shout back "a-lomp-bam-boom" and they all ride off on a Dragon singing "We'll Go Together" as the credits roll, below is a leaked clip:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Just watched it. Least predictable episode of the series, quite enjoyed it. I hope Georgie finishes the books before he dies so the remake in 30 years time is more satisfying.
    My V key is broken
  • It was decent, the whole Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger thing was just not that satisfying.  LF had to go... but the Sansa/Arya spat came and went so quickly it didn't have enough tension for me.  Felt like that side plot was rushed.

That wall was completely pointless in the end.  All the NK had to do was GTA a Dragon and boom...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2428
    That wall was completely pointless in the end.  All the NK had to do was GTA a Dragon and boom...
    Man, when you put it like that I feel genuinely robbed.
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited August 2017

^^^

Didn't the wall have some sort of magical protection on it that Bran undid when he was seen by the Night King? I sure there was a reference to it in an earlier series.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7611
    Well it held for thousands of years so I don't think it was really that useless 
    Red ones are better. 
    So really it's the shortie blonde crumpets fault for taking the Dragons to Westoros in the first place. Without the dead Dragon NK would never get through the wall.

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1324
    Given the fact that it's always frozen in the far north, and the fact that freezing temperatures have reached the South, is it not a fair assumption that the temperatures in the North would reach low enough for the oceans to freeze, thus allowing the Night King and his band of chilly chaps to walk around the wall?
    Is GOT set on a flat earth or a globe?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom