Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2428
    Just watched the season finale. FFS I know I said I didn't want it to, but it'll never end at this rate. Great episode though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    On a serious note...... If Daenerys was your auntie, would you?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2428
    ^ I'm sure I could get past it. I'd just pretend she was Cersei's mum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2944
    Only one major character death, but is anyone actually bothered.   Creepy bastard had it coming for a long time.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13972
    SidNewton said:
    On a serious note...... If Daenerys was your auntie, would you?
    Yep

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4674
    Is Jon Fireproof?
  • Only one major character death, but is anyone actually bothered.   Creepy bastard had it coming for a long time.
    Beaten at his own game too. Have to admit I didn't see that coming in the hall.

Great finale, and plenty to look forward to next season.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    you have to wonder what little fingers end game was given the superior forces (walkers and dragons) that have turned up compared to when he first started scheming
  • you have to wonder what little fingers end game was given the superior forces (walkers and dragons) that have turned up compared to when he first started scheming
    I think littlefinger was so caught up in the games he was playing that he totally missed the bigger picture, and that was his undoing.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7600
    Only one major character death, but is anyone actually bothered.   Creepy bastard had it coming for a long time.
    Beaten at his own game too. Have to admit I didn't see that coming in the hall.

That scene was SOOOO good. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Is Jon Fireproof?
    On TV? No idea. In the books, no. Neither is Dany, says GRRM. Special magic was at play in Drogo's pyre.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12024
    DLM said:
    Is Jon Fireproof?
    On TV? No idea. In the books, no. Neither is Dany, says GRRM. Special magic was at play in Drogo's pyre.

and the widows' tent/house 
    Then again when she killed the Dothraki leasders in the hut.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @ToneControl @Axe_meister Those are things that only happen in the TV series (so far):

"thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold."

"So she won't be able to do it again?"

"Probably not."
  • DLM said:
    Is Jon Fireproof?

DLM said:
    Is Jon Fireproof?

and the widows' tent/house 

Then again when she killed the Dothraki leasders in the hut.
    And when the baby dragons killed the Wizard
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5183
    The conclusion was satisfying, but they could have told the story a little better. Did Sansa suddenly, all by herself, work out what he was up to? Was that what happened in the scene up on the battlements? She was having a good hard think and suddenly realized "ooh. That slimy little smirking shitbag". Or did she, Arya and Bran discuss any of this earlier? Was all the Arya-Sansa tension real, or was any of it for show?

All the same, I don't really understand why he hung around Winterfell all season, smirking in corners. Wouldn't he have been better off going somewhere else?

Having said that, stupid decision of the episode has to go to Danaerys. You're meant to have three dragons, so you go to a meeting with your enemies conspicuously at your full strength in every other respect (all your ships, all your infantry, all your cavalry, all your advisors...) and only bring two. I was half expecting it to be Cersei's first question, but the devious bitch kept it to herself.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

DLM said:
    @ToneControl @Axe_meister Those are things that only happen in the TV series (so far):

"thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold."

"Probably not."

Word on the street is. GRRM isn't very happy with the direction the show's taken, and how it's diverged from the books. This will probably be one of the reasons why.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27378
    The conclusion was satisfying, but they could have told the story a little better. Did Sansa suddenly, all by herself, work out what he was up to? Was that what happened in the scene up on the battlements? She was having a good hard think and suddenly realized "ooh. That slimy little smirking shitbag". Or did she, Arya and Bran discuss any of this earlier? Was all the Arya-Sansa tension real, or was any of it for show?

All the same, I don't really understand why he hung around Winterfell all season, smirking in corners. Wouldn't he have been better off going somewhere else?

Having said that, stupid decision of the episode has to go to Danaerys. You're meant to have three dragons, so you go to a meeting with your enemies conspicuously at your full strength in every other respect (all your ships, all your infantry, all your cavalry, all your advisors...) and only bring two. I was half expecting it to be Cersei's first question, but the devious bitch kept it to herself.
    The answer to all of your questions ios "because GRRM hasn't finished the books and the show's writers don't have the ability to come up with all these details themselves". It feels like these last 2 short seasons would have been 3 full ones if they'd had GRRM's full content to work from.

It's a real shame
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6401
    DLM said:

"Probably not."

Word on the street is. GRRM isn't very happy with the direction the show's taken, and how it's diverged from the books. This will probably be one of the reasons why.
    Well he could release the last 2 books ...
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    DLM said:

"Probably not."

Well he could release the last 2 books ...
    I'm sure he will when they're finished. What's your point?