Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5163
    edited August 2017
    It's not that it's unrealistic, it's that it appears to breach the show's own internal logic. 

Exactly. It's fantasy- you can have things that are magic in the story, you just need to acknowledge that they're magic.

The Harry Potter universe has a range of methods that wizards can use to instantly travel from one place to another, but they're explained and acknowledged. In GOT when entire armies travel hundreds of miles without anyone else noticing, at immense speed and with no apparent way to do so (because how did the Dothraki get to the mainland to ambush Jaime and his wagon train?), or when whole fleets of ships can be locate each other in hundreds of miles of empty sea, or when those same fleets can sail within a couple of miles of their enemy's primary base without detection (have a look at a map of Westeros and tell me how you sail from King's Landing to Dorne without passing within spitting distance of Dragonstone) it's just bad storytelling. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27181
    It was flipping noises :p  

But anyway, The Sun is reporting that Jon's sword hilt open its eyes when he was coming out of the water. I'm losing the plot... 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24571
    It was flipping noises :p  

But anyway, The Sun is reporting that Jon's sword hilt open its eyes when he was coming out of the water. I'm losing the plot... 

I read that.

It didn't. It's either shadow or a water droplet. And Bran can't warg into inanimate things.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1312
    I'm not as captivated by this series as I have been with earlier series'.

It's feeling a bit rushed eveything is happening far more quickly (impossibly so in fact) than it ever has before, and honestly I just don't understand the need to go north of the wall like that.  I also don't understand why Dany would entertain the idea of armistice with Lannisters.  I just expected a blitzkrieg - Lannisters retreat into hiding and plot revenge sort of thing, not "ohh well we don't want to hurt innocent people" so let's hand them an advantage.

It just feels like this whole series has been about forcing in ways to handicap and subdue what was an unstoppable force, and mostly they have not been believable.

They had to kill at least one dragon off, which was tiresomely predictable.

Actually I could have done without the whole white-walker zombie thing as a plot-line too.  I'm hoping for a swift conclusion and then a spin-off or two to go back to the original pacing and character development.

• Michael Bolton doing an awesome Retro GOT alternate theme song in this vid. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2416
    After about season 4 or 5 I thought it was starting to wane a little bit and really wanted it to end; the tension felt like a never ending drum roll. However, after watching the latest episode it feels like the season that probably required the most attention has been cut far too short. Now I don't want it to end at all.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think it's all down to when they departed from the books.

The books are all politics, intrigue and plotting, with the reader constantly trying to guess at motives and what's coming next. The first 4-5 seasons of the show were like this and it was ace.

But ever since they've overtaken the books they've gone more for action and epic set pieces and it's a lot less subtle than before.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Does anyone know if it's possible to mark something as unwatched on Now TV, on an Apple TV?

Just in case someone was to accidentally watch the season finale without their girlfriend who is away but then need to watch it together for the first time at a later date...
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11863
    sinbaadi said:

Actually I could have done without the whole white-walker zombie thing as a plot-line too.  
    I think that is going to turn out to be the whole point.

They fight amongst each other over petty things, while an overwhelming disaster waits over the horizon,

Cough.. climate change.. cough 

Well maybe anyway...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    How did the raven get from Eastwatch to dragon stone so quickly and then the dragons back to Jon?
    It's not as far, as the crow flies.

Coat obtained.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11961
    just watched the final episode
    quite enjoyable, a few scores settled, and the stage set for next series, as you would expect

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    edited August 2017
    "they're here"

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    edited August 2017
    Now Season 7 is done, what's your speculation on Season 8 and the finale?

Daenerys and Cersei both pregant? Thier chldren form the future?

What is the Night King's intentions now he is south of the wall? Can he be stopped? At what cost? Will any dragons survive?

How does Sansa react to the news that Jon Snow is not Jon Snow and no relation the Starks?

Will the Red Queen return?

What becomes of Yara?

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4652
    Well he is related to the Starks his mum is Neds sister.
    With all the incest going on now, the future is going to be full of inbred madmen.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10453
    I'm still watching it but it's all a bit predictable now, you know certain charactors aren't gonna die as they have big contracts and the story is now all about pandering to the masses .....
    There is still the odd pair of tits though so not all is lost !

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    I thought it was excellent. Slower pace, less crazy decision making, epic stuff and Bronn. What's not to like?
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    Chuffola said:
    I thought it was excellent. Slower pace, less crazy decision making, epic stuff and Bronn. What's not to like?
    This, was an excellent episode, slowed down made it so much more enjoyable.