Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24558
    munckee said:
    I'll be disappointed if Bronn doesn't show up in the last episode and say something funny.

In fact...

Jon kills Danny. Jon is king. Won't do the job so makes Tyrion king as they all agree he's a good bloke.

Tyrion doesn't want it, Bronn gets his reward that is bigger than Highgarden...

All Hail King Bronn
    Similar to this but switch Gendry for Bronn.  Gendry wins without ever competing.
    Kind of makes sense.

Joffrey was never the true heir, so we have to go back to a Baratheon and that does appear to be Gendry now that he has been legitimised by Danny.

I can see that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    That moment when you realise that Arya looks like Laura Muir
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    munckee said:
    I'll be disappointed if Bronn doesn't show up in the last episode and say something funny.

In fact...

Jon kills Danny. Jon is king. Won't do the job so makes Tyrion king as they all agree he's a good bloke.

All Hail King Bronn
    Similar to this but switch Gendry for Bronn.  Gendry wins without ever competing.
    Kind of makes sense.

Joffrey was never the true heir, so we have to go back to a Baratheon and that does appear to be Gendry now that he has been legitimised by Danny.

I can see that.
    But Danny hasn't or hadn't re claimed the trone so his title doesnt stand right?...
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    I think they might scrap the no b'stards rule altogether like the no trial by combat rule.
    munckee said:
    I think they might scrap the no b'stards rule altogether like the no trial by combat rule.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country." G S Patton
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24558
    munckee said:

In fact...

All Hail King Bronn
    Kind of makes sense.

I can see that.
    But Danny hasn't or hadn't re claimed the trone so his title doesnt stand right?...
    I suppose that depends on whether Jon agreed with it before passing it on.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11840
    FarleyUK said:
    munckee said:
    will she sentence Tyrion to death by dragon fire, and he survives because he's a bloody Targ too?
    It's possible.

One theory book fans have is that one of the reasons Tywin hated Tyrion so much is he believed that Tyrion might have been the result of the rape of Tywin's wife by Aerys Targaryen.

If so, Jon and Tyrion would be brothers.

I think it's likely that Jon Snow can kill Dany because he is immune to Drogon, and is about the only remaining character who could beat Grey Worm in a stand up fight.
    Arya or Brienne would have a fair shout against Greyworm.  Despite being very brave and noble Jon has never shown much extraordinary fighting ability or military prowess.  He killed a white walker, but so did Sam Tarley.
    Arya is another candidate yes, agreed.  Brienne is out of it now I think.

I disagree about Jon though, consistently he has been portrayed as one of the strongest fighters, right since he joined the Night's Watch.

He is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and was trained by Ned Stark, solid pedigree there!
    Strategy wise though - he's not exactly great, is he? I think he's had to be pretty much rescued by other characters in every major battle due to his emotion getting the best of him (possibly excluding the battle of King's Landing).

I'm thinking that Jon and Dany have at it, she tries to get Drogon to kill him, Drogon's all 'WTF?' and refuses. Grey Worm goes to kill Jon, Arya kills Grey Worm.

All the Northern Houses, Dorne and the WIldlings have heard he's the One True King as well as DaKingInnaNorf so back him, and are at Winterfell waiting for him (courtesy of Sansa and Varys' letters).

So, the bittersweet ending is, Jon HAS to take the throne, but there's nothing much to lord over anymore due to it being Dany's time of the month.
    Seems fairly logical...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    I think the story is going to end with all parties concerned agreeing that all this fighting and whatnot has been due to some terrible misunderstandings and deliberate malfeasance on behalf of some people (now dead), that it has been obviously counterproductive to the wellbeing of the realm - and, after some firm handshakes all round (and the odd cup of tea), they all agree that monarchies are clearly a bad idea and they go about setting-up a representative parliamentary democracy for the people of the seven kingdo... for the, er... the people of the seven newly autonomous regions.

Jon becomes President.
    Sansa becomes Prime Minister.
    Tyrion becomes Secretary of State for Tits & Wine.
    Dani is sent to the Joffrey Lannister Home for the Criminally Insane.
    ...and everyone(else) lives happily ever after.

THE END.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The North and the South separate. Jon becomes the king of Winterfexit.

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I still think there's more to the cold fair well with Ghost.
    I reckon that King Aegon VI ends up back at Castle Black with Arya as his hand and leaves all the kingly nonsense to his sister and Tyrion..

Oh yeah, and lops Bronns head off for doing that Unchained Melody song in the 90s!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    I reckon that King Aegon VI ends up back at Castle Black with Arya as his hand and leaves all the kingly nonsense to his sister and Tyrion..

Oh yeah, and lops Bronns head off for doing that Unchained Melody song in the 90s!
    they've *said* it was simply that they didn't want to spend the time/money on the cgi 

Red ones are better. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4149
    That might just be a red herring though.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5549
    My main gripe is that the dragons in the show aren't depicted as dragons, but instead as wyverns. Dragons have 6 limbs: 4 legs and 2 wings.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7086
    TimmyO said:
    I reckon that King Aegon VI ends up back at Castle Black with Arya as his hand and leaves all the kingly nonsense to his sister and Tyrion.
    they've *said* it was simply that they didn't want to spend the time/money on the cgi 

And yet, plenty of time to lovingly put King’s Landing to the CGI torch...

At the end of the day, we’ve been happily watching a series involving magic, dragons and ice zombies and are now saying “Daenerys’s poor military tactics and sudden anger management issues are lacking in plausibility”.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13955
    DiscoStu said:
    My main gripe is that the dragons in the show aren't depicted as dragons, but instead as wyverns. Dragons have 6 limbs: 4 legs and 2 wings.
    Your main gripe at the Season 8 penultimate episode is Dragon biological identification? FFS  =)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13955
    edited May 2019
    I watched episode 5 again and it was better this time around. I am probably wrong, but I see real symbolic parallels with the last day of Hitler's Berlin in 1945, with Jamie and Cersei dying in the bunker, Sandor & Gregor falling from the tower like the horror of 911, Jon Snow being faced with the realities of the horrors of war, as a parallel to war crimes reported in all major conflicts.

With a second viewing, the pivotal moments of the anticipation and hope of King's Landing surrender bells ringing, and Tyrion and Jon's relief when it does, contrasted with, the excellently acted by Amelia Clarke, Daenerys' tormented battle with her own inner rage leading to the overwhelming razing of King's Landing, is superb.

she is abandoned by her lover, her hand, and knows she has no love in Westeros, her only remaining loyal servants are the Dothraki and Unsullied...and of course, Drogon, her child, and that woman stands in that tower watching and judging me...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5549
    edited May 2019
    DiscoStu said:
    Your main gripe at the Season 8 penultimate episode is Dragon biological identification? FFS 
    Yip! Details! All that money spent on the visuals and they get it wrong.
    Look cool though, admittedly.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    DiscoStu said:
    Your main gripe at the Season 8 penultimate episode is Dragon biological identification? FFS  =)
    Maybe it IDENTIFIES as a Dragon ? ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539

DiscoStu said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Your main gripe at the Season 8 penultimate episode is Dragon biological identification? FFS 
    Yip! Details! All that money spent on the visuals and they get it wrong.
    Look cool though, admittedly.
    They didn’t get it wrong GRRM has said he was always bothered by the traditional depiction of dragons as no creature in nature evolved 4 limbs and wings but  pterodactyls and bats evolved 2 limbs and wings, so that’s what he wanted. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom