Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    I wasted so much of my life watching Lost thinking it was so clever I couldn't wait to see the end, until the dreadful moment in the final season when I realised they had a brilliant story idea and no idea how to finish it so they invented an alternate reality between life and death to end it quickly and never explained anything.

If thats what happens here I will be irked.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11832
    FarleyUK said:
    Just a wild thought here...

There has never been an ending to a popular long running TV show that every fan has liked.
    Probably hovers around the 50% like or didn't mark.

It's just that the disappointed people tend to shout louder.

I'm actually surprised when 50% of fans like an ending. With an epic show the finale is almost always of a lower quality.
    The journey was more important than the ending.

Breaking Bad says hi.
    I've seen people moan about the last episode of BB.

The penultimate episode is one of the finest hours of TV ever made, the final one isn't quite as good.

Still really, really good though IMHO.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2423
    FarleyUK said:

There has never been an ending to a popular long running TV show that every fan has liked.

I'm actually surprised when 50% of fans like an ending. With an epic show the finale is almost always of a lower quality.

Breaking Bad says hi.
    1 example out of how many? And there were some who complained about it.

Statistically irrelevant.
    OK Mr Smart-Arse. The point is, the MAJORITY of fans liked that ending, so it is possible. People always like to argue (as you've just shown), so while not EVERYONE will agree on an ending, it's possible to get an ending that satisfies a MAJORITY. Majority = being 'statistically relevant', however you decide to determine that.

GoT has a harder task than most TV shows, as not only are there book vs TV fans, but also those TV fans are not used to the way that GoT handles concepts of heroes and villains. It's nothing like any other show.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24544
    I said about 50% and 51% would be a majority.

Whereas 1 show, Breaking Bad, out of dozens of highly rated shows is a tiny percentage in comparison

You're actually making my point.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11954
    will she sentence Tyrion to death by dragon fire, and he survives because he's a bloody Targ too?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11954
    Breaking Bad final shows were amazingly good
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1682

Daenerys = Yngwie
    Offspring of the mad king Ritchie Blackmore. Considered a Rising Force but now quite, quite mad.

Jon Snow = Knopfler
    Simple Northerner. When things got too big and overblown he decided he never wanted any of this and just wants to go back to simpler times.

Bron = Lukather
    Bit of a so-and-so, will do anything for the right price.

Johnny & Edgar Winters = Viserys & Rhaegar Taergaryen
    Hair.

That’s all I got.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    will she sentence Tyrion to death by dragon fire, and he survives because he's a bloody Targ too?
    It's possible.

One theory book fans have is that one of the reasons Tywin hated Tyrion so much is he believed that Tyrion might have been the result of the rape of Tywin's wife by Aerys Targaryen.

If so, Jon and Tyrion would be brothers.

I think it's likely that Jon Snow can kill Dany because he is immune to Drogon, and is about the only remaining character who could beat Grey Worm in a stand up fight.
    Repost from Twitter

Those who felt entitled about a story have gone mad because someone who felt entitled in that story went mad.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Repost from Twitter

Those who felt entitled about a story have gone mad because someone who felt entitled in that story went mad.

Love it !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27165
    It's possible.

One theory book fans have is that one of the reasons Tywin hated Tyrion so much is he believed that Tyrion might have been the result of the rape of Tywin's wife by Aerys Targaryen.

I think it's likely that Jon Snow can kill Dany because he is immune to Drogon, and is about the only remaining character who could beat Grey Worm in a stand up fight.
    Hair & beard and decent understanding of military tactics checks out...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    It's possible.

Arya or Brienne would have a fair shout against Greyworm.  Despite being very brave and noble Jon has never shown much extraordinary fighting ability or military prowess.  He killed a white walker, but so did Sam Tarley.
    munckee said:
    It's possible.

Arya or Brienne would have a fair shout against Greyworm.  Despite being very brave and noble Jon has never shown much extraordinary fighting ability or military prowess.  He killed a white walker, but so did Sam Tarley.
    Arya is another candidate yes, agreed.  Brienne is out of it now I think.

I disagree about Jon though, consistently he has been portrayed as one of the strongest fighters, right since he joined the Night's Watch.

He is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and was trained by Ned Stark, solid pedigree there!
  • Repost from Twitter

Yes. Twitter. That great source of wit!

Bye!

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    FarleyUK said:

Breaking Bad says hi.
    I've seen people moan about the last episode of BB.

The penultimate episode is one of the finest hours of TV ever made, the final one isn't quite as good.

Still really, really good though IMHO.
    Yeah. I stopped at the penultimate season. Although I did read ahead to find what happened in the last. I thought it sounded a bit shit so left it at season 4. 

For me the Wire is still the best tv I’ve ever seen. Season 2 was a bit slow. The final season was a bit far fetched, but overall it’s just an amazing series.  

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not saying he is useless or anything but they made a point of saying he looked great compared to kids with no training.  Halfhand let him win and he's been saved on numerous occasions.  Ned Stark turned out not to be as great as his reputation.  

I think I could take him (i'm twice his size for one thing!)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Repost from Twitter

Yes. Twitter. That great source of wit!
    Clues in the name..
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2423
    munckee said:
    It's possible.

Arya is another candidate yes, agreed.  Brienne is out of it now I think.

I disagree about Jon though, consistently he has been portrayed as one of the strongest fighters, right since he joined the Night's Watch.

He is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and was trained by Ned Stark, solid pedigree there!
    Strategy wise though - he's not exactly great, is he? I think he's had to be pretty much rescued by other characters in every major battle due to his emotion getting the best of him (possibly excluding the battle of King's Landing).

I'm thinking that Jon and Dany have at it, she tries to get Drogon to kill him, Drogon's all 'WTF?' and refuses. Grey Worm goes to kill Jon, Arya kills Grey Worm.

All the Northern Houses, Dorne and the WIldlings have heard he's the One True King as well as DaKingInnaNorf so back him, and are at Winterfell waiting for him (courtesy of Sansa and Varys' letters).

So, the bittersweet ending is, Jon HAS to take the throne, but there's nothing much to lord over anymore due to it being Dany's time of the month.
    I'll be disappointed if Bronn doesn't show up in the last episode and say something funny.

In fact...

Jon kills Danny. Jon is king. Won't do the job so makes Tyrion king as they all agree he's a good bloke.

Tyrion doesn't want it, Bronn gets his reward that is bigger than Highgarden...

All Hail King Bronn
    I'll be disappointed if Bronn doesn't show up in the last episode and say something funny.

In fact...

Jon kills Danny. Jon is king. Won't do the job so makes Tyrion king as they all agree he's a good bloke.

Tyrion doesn't want it, Bronn gets his reward that is bigger than Highgarden...

All Hail King Bronn
    Similar to this but switch Gendry for Bronn.  Gendry wins without ever competing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom