Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12390
    Snap;1060816" said:
    ITs early days, but i get an impression of too many plot lines going on at once, too much flitting around. As if they are rushing to address plot lines from S5.

The Jon Snow thing was predictable in terms of pace etc. good though.
    But they're limited with what they can do. The books are complicated by their very nature, what should the producers and writers do? Leave out characters? Disregard plot lines? Just concentrate on certain bits? As it is, there are still characters that haven't been mentioned for ages, like The Hound.

I like it as it is. The whole interaction between the various families and political factions is brilliantly done IMO. A move by one family affects everyone else, it makes the GoT world more realistic. As you say, at the moment S6 is still doing a lot of scene setting, the pace will inevitably pick up soon, same as it has in previous series.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10445

The hounds dead isn't he :
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

The two guys getting wall smashed were great,
    I remember the drunk, but who was the other one ?  (old age, sorry ) :(

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    lloyd said:

The guy shoots the giant with a crossbow at Castle Black, giant grabs him and swings him by the legs into the castle wall then throws him along the floor-complete with blood trail smeared along the wall and floor. Great stuff.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Danny1969 said:

Arya left him badly wounded on a hillside after the fight with Brienne but he's not been confirmed dead.
    Danny1969;1060883" said:
    Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. ;)
    The last we saw he was lying seriously wounded after the fight with Brianne. It wasn't made clear if he was dead or not when Arya left him on the mountainside.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    boogieman said:
    Danny1969;1060883" said:
    The last we saw he was lying seriously wounded after the fight with Brianne. It wasn't made clear if he was dead or not when Arya left him on the mountainside.
    He's almost certainly dead in the book. Shame though - he's one of my favourite characters.

Thing is, what happened to mama Stark? She's supposed to be resurrected by Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarian. Maybe a future development, eh?
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited May 2016
    lloyd said:
    lloyd said:

The guy shoots the giant with a crossbow at Castle Black, giant grabs him and swings him by the legs into the castle wall then throws him along the floor-complete with blood trail smeared along the wall and floor. Great stuff.
    Ah !  I remember now....  damn pills

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5162
    dogload said:
    boogieman said:
    Danny1969;1060883" said:
    He's almost certainly dead in the book. Shame though - he's one of my favourite characters.

Thing is, what happened to mama Stark? She's supposed to be resurrected by Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarian. Maybe a future development, eh?

There's a fairly solid theory that Sandor Clegane isn't dead in the books, based on one of Brienne's chapters in A Feast For Crows where she visits a sort of monastery. Way less tinfoil than some of the ASOIAF theories I've heard.

I think it's confirmed that the Lady Stoneheart storyline has been cut from the show. They already seem to be struggling to keep all the characters they do have in order.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    dogload said:
    boogieman said:
    Danny1969;1060883" said:

There's a fairly solid theory that Sandor Clegane isn't dead in the books, based on one of Brienne's chapters in A Feast For Crows where she visits a sort of monastery. Way less tinfoil than some of the ASOIAF theories I've heard.

I think it's confirmed that the Lady Stoneheart storyline has been cut from the show. They already seem to be struggling to keep all the characters they do have in order.

That must be one of the details I overlooked... I think I was flagging a bit by the time I was at that point in the books. I was finding those bits a bit of a slog!
    edited May 2016
    I haven't read the books but I seem to remember reading something on one of the fan forums that says the Hound IS still alive. The theory was that he also may turn out to be the man with the flaming sword, (who's apparently referenced very early on in the books?) who's actually a God who saves the world.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7528
    Watched tonight's on Sky Go this morning - nearly did a little excitement-wee at one point. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    boogieman said:
    I haven't read the books but I seem to remember reading something on one of the fan forums that says the Hound IS still alive. The theory was that he also may turn out to be the man with the flaming sword, (who's apparently referenced very early on in the books?) who's actually a God who saves the world.
    Was that not Beric Dondarrion who had the flaming sword and found The Hound in season 2/3?
    Garthy;1066490" said:
    boogieman said:

Was that not Beric Dondarrion who had the flaming sword and found The Hound in season 2/3?
    Nope, different flaming sword guy apparently. It's only someone's theory though, I have no idea how it'll actually pan out.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Great episode. I found a lot of the Arya stuff a bit of a drag in the books so glad that is coming to an end of sorts. Loved the final scenes at Castle Black.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
    In the book the hound dies, other people find his armour and claim to be the hound. A story line likely to be dropped in my opinion
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Another great episode. Love this show so much.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Pissed off about the direwolf though.