Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• simonk said:
    Not really sure where to put this so it went here:

Would the Power Cab be able to handle bass in FRFR mode? Obviously it isn’t going to be an 8x10 but would it be enough at least for stage monitoring? Anyone tried it? Not much chat on the net so far
    It’s fine for low volume home/studio stuff. No way would it have the grunt for bass for gigging, even just as a personal monitor (assuming there’s a drummer with an acoustic kit present).
    Cheers mate. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I had a very strange incident last night during a gig
    at some point during the breakdown section of Def Leppards animal the entire guitar went up 5 semitones as if through a pitch block
    I have a pitch block in the patch but it is set to momentary whammy of +12 on a footswitch
    I was looking down thinking, am I playing in the wrong key? My first thought is that I had caught a string in the pickup with the Floyd Rose but no.
    i got to the end of the song by playing a single string in various approximations of the pitch
     it was only after the song ended and I played an E chord I could hear it was all pitched up
    i honestly couldn’t do it if I wanted to on that patch
    I banked out of the patch and back in and everything was fine. Anyone seen anything like that?
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 2.60 is currently in beta. Lonestar and Friedman clean channels, HX Effects editor, a $#!& ton of bug fixes, and a handful of effects (no additional reverbs or pitch stuff yet). I wouldn't call it a major update. With a lot of luck, next week sometime. If not, the week after.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    2.60 is currently in beta. Lonestar and Friedman clean channels, HX Effects editor, a $#!& ton of bug fixes, and a handful of effects (no additional reverbs or pitch stuff yet). I wouldn't call it a major update. With a lot of luck, next week sometime. If not, the week after.
    Excellent. Thanks for the update.

Pitch stuff would be great - I really would like a nice 12-string approximation so I don't have to take (and tune!) my 12-string to every gig!

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    @cabicular. Had something similar happen ages ago on an early firmware version, it just went from sounding great to really thin. Reselecting the patch put it right and it's never done it again since
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited June 2018
    2.60 is currently in beta. Lonestar and Friedman clean channels, HX Effects editor, a $#!& ton of bug fixes, and a handful of effects (no additional reverbs or pitch stuff yet). I wouldn't call it a major update. With a lot of luck, next week sometime. If not, the week after.
    It’s bad when I’ve pretty much lost interest in updates! Only really wanting a Marshall in a box type drive pedal or two. Any pitch shifting swirly reverb assignable LFO stuff is just all gravy by his point 
    It’s bad when I’ve pretty much lost interest in updates! Only really wanting a Marshall in a box type drive pedal or two. Any pitch shifting swirly reverb assignable LFO stuff is just all gravy by his point 
    Why do you need a MIAB drive pedal? You've already got several actual Marshalls in the box!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    Why do you need a MIAB drive pedal? You've already got several actual Marshalls in the box!
    ^ This. Try using one of the Marshall amps but the preamp only as a pedal. Works brilliantly. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• 2.60 is currently in beta. Lonestar and Friedman clean channels, HX Effects editor, a $#!& ton of bug fixes, and a handful of effects (no additional reverbs or pitch stuff yet). I wouldn't call it a major update. With a lot of luck, next week sometime. If not, the week after.
    ^ This. Try using one of the Marshall amps but the preamp only as a pedal. Works brilliantly. 
    Always found that to be really temperamental depending on which amp you’re putting it before. I’m really only looking for a light/medium AC/DC crunch and those models on Helix really miss the power amp distortion when just using the preamp

For using as a traditional stomp box in front of an amp style setup the Helix lacks that kind of overdrive/distortion. Sticking an amp in the mix just starts over complicating things and changes your base sound
    For using as a traditional stomp box in front of an amp style setup the Helix lacks that kind of overdrive/distortion. Sticking an amp in the mix just starts over complicating things and changes your base sound
    Ah, you're using it as an FX unit in front of an amp?
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    What stands are guys using for your pa speakers?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    A MIAB type pedal would also be great for the HX effects
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441
    Another great way to do the MIAB thing is get something like the OCD and pair it with a Klon, TS or EQ to boost the mids. Assign them to the same switch and hey presto. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    whilst I love the space echo, I've really got into the way the el-capistan can manipulate tape age and crinkle  for really gritty/warbly repeats. Is there a way do to similar on helix?
  • sgosden said:
    whilst I love the space echo, I've really got into the way the el-capistan can manipulate tape age and crinkle  for really gritty/warbly repeats. Is there a way do to similar on helix?
    Isn’t there age and warble settings on the Transistor Tape Delay??
    sgosden said:
    ... maybe... I've neglected the transistor tape since space echo came out
    sgosden said:
    Nope, wow& flutter. But no age. 
    Gives some nice modulation, but is more chorusy than the gritty broken sound I'm chasing :)
  • sgosden said:
    sgosden said:
    Gives some nice modulation, but is more chorusy than the gritty broken sound I'm chasing :)
    Could have swore there was a way to dirty that delay up
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    sgosden said:
    sgosden said:
    Could have swore there was a way to dirty that delay up
    Add a bit of overdriven compression perhaps ?