Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    There's the rumours of "pitch shifting experts" being bought in, bit wether they'd have been able to get much done by 2.6 I'm not sure. 

If they just had the Jason sadites style frequency split and boost thing into one block, id be a happy bunny.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    Low and high pass filters on all delay and reverbs is all I’d really want right now for how I’m using Native, some have it some don’t but it’s easily done otherwise.

I’d also love a plugin interface that didn’t use sideways sliders but it’s not likely with the design philosophy with integrating with hardware. I personally dislike it as far as a plugin UI goes, but I use it anyway because it does cool stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26588
    Just ordered a DXR10 (and a stand for it, for the sake of everyone hearing it without ridiculous volume at rehearsals) to replace the not-quite-good-enough Alto TS210, which is going to the singer for vocal monitoring.

I personally find the octave-down (in addition to the dry signal) just fine in the Helix, at least for adding balls to single-note riffing. Better tracking would be nice, but it's not a dealbreaker for me.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    sgosden said:
    Cabicular said:
    I’ll be that dick
    whens 2.6 out?
    Gonna go full dick and spout about everything you want? :P 
    Lol
    Polyphonic pitch shifting of course ;)
    BE100 clean seems like low hanging fruit as do the Lonestar Clean channels
    L6 link 30 band EQ (like on M20D)
    Snapshottable toe switch between exp1 and exp 2 to let me use it as a Volume boost and a Wah
    But tbh that’s nice to haves, I’m actually pretty sorted as it is. I only use 6 of the amp models and 2/3 of the cabs
    Oh I would LOVE the ability to assign the Volume knob to A send block only
    that would let me use a send out to an amp and control it with the Volume for monitoring while not affecting FOH
    I can do it with some routing to use the 1/4 outs as well but it uses up a path
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited May 2018
    Listened to an interview with Mr Igloo the other day and it sounds as though the newly recruited pitch shifting experts are reworking the frequency manipulation core code first.  Once that's done then existing FX that use it can be improved and new FX can be developed.  But it won't be ready for 2.6 though.  He also said that 2.6 would have new channels for a couple of existing amps and a few extra bits.   

“He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    All I wast is an assignable off state for the amp switching relay, you can set it on per snapshot but not off and the way my amp works it's needed.

other than that it's all a bonus for me, does all I need, and more
  • All i want is the time to find out how to use it properly
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What’s due in 2.6?
    There’s going to be some more reverbs that didn’t quite make it in time for the last update I believe 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    I'd best get updated to 2.54... :)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    edited May 2018
    PSA: In case anyone hasn't seen it, Helix LT owners can get Helix Native for $99 until May 29th.
    Good to know. @digitalscream ;;

Ordered!  Cheers for the heads up!

I received an email confirming the Helix Native order that said "
    If you purchased a digital download, you will receive an email with download instructions"  

I haven't received the 2nd download instruction email yet. Any idea how long it usually takes?
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    duotone said:
    PSA: In case anyone hasn't seen it, Helix LT owners can get Helix Native for $99 until May 29th.
    Good to know. @digitalscream ;;

I received an email confirming the Helix Native order that said "If you purchased a digital download, you will receive an email with download instructions"  

I haven't received the 2nd download instruction email yet. Any idea how long it usually takes?
    Mine was pretty instant. Could be high volume of orders. Check junk mail box etc... if not here by now contact support. 
    Download the trial and log in to your line 6 account to activate
    Cabicular said:
    @Cabicular ;
    Not sureif that will work, as I have previously used the trial version on Native when it cam out before I purchased my Helix LT.
    edited May 2018
    duotone said:
    Good to know. @digitalscream ;;;

I received an email confirming the Helix Native order that said "If you purchased a digital download, you will receive an email with download instructions"  

Mine was pretty instant. Could be high volume of orders. Check junk mail box etc... if not here by now contact support. 
    Cheers.  I've opened a ticket on the support part of the Line6 website. @Teetonetal ;;

EDIT: 
    They replied & are checking this with their webshop & will get back to me. =) 

duotone said:
    Cabicular said:
    @Cabicular ;
    Not sureif that will work, as I have previously used the trial version on Native when it cam out before I purchased my Helix LT.
    It should do though
    if your account has been linked to the purchase the trail version is the same as the full version
    The only difference is when you start it up it checks your account to see if you have bought it not
  • Cabicular said:
    duotone said:
    Cabicular said:
    @Cabicular ;
    It should do though
    if your account has been linked to the purchase the trail version is the same as the full version
    The only difference is when you start it up it checks your account to see if you have bought it not
    That’ll be why he didn’t get a download link
    edited June 2018
    Cabicular said:
    duotone said:
    Cabicular said:
    @Cabicular ;;;
    It should do though
    No luck, tried activating it through Reaper & by clicking on the  text "If you have already purchased Helix Native, click here to validate your purchase through the Line 6 Store"

Olaf Schildt is on the case...

Edit:  All registered & working well now! 
    Cheers for the advice though all, much appreciated.
  • Not really sure where to put this so it went here:

Would the Power Cab be able to handle bass in FRFR mode? Obviously it isn’t going to be an 8x10 but would it be enough at least for stage monitoring? Anyone tried it? Not much chat on the net so far
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Not really sure where to put this so it went here:

Would the Power Cab be able to handle bass in FRFR mode? Obviously it isn’t going to be an 8x10 but would it be enough at least for stage monitoring? Anyone tried it? Not much chat on the net so far
    It’s fine for low volume home/studio stuff. No way would it have the grunt for bass for gigging, even just as a personal monitor (assuming there’s a drummer with an acoustic kit present).