Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Well I just jumped into the Helix arena with both feet! Picked up my LT yesterday.... unfortunately only had half an hour last night with it set up in 4 cable mode with my Friedman.. I have a few setup issues to deal with... anybody point me in the direction of a definitive “how to” thread on a forum?
    Looking forward to experimenting with it!!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well I just jumped into the Helix arena with both feet! Picked up my LT yesterday.... unfortunately only had half an hour last night with it set up in 4 cable mode with my Friedman.. I have a few setup issues to deal with... anybody point me in the direction of a definitive “how to” thread on a forum?
    Congrats and not really.... which issues are you having?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    Well I just jumped into the Helix arena with both feet! Picked up my LT yesterday.... unfortunately only had half an hour last night with it set up in 4 cable mode with my Friedman.. I have a few setup issues to deal with... anybody point me in the direction of a definitive “how to” thread on a forum?
    Hiya mate, this guy has a series which may help;

https://youtu.be/yLPzq4MbvhQ
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    If you're using the Helix with your Friedman, just set up the pedal board of your dreams and away you go, doesn't worry about 'how to' it's really as simple as you that.
  • Thanks lads, was having issues getting the 4cm working right but seems to be ok now... the fx loop and send/returns were tieing my head in knots.. i have a few hours to myself this morning so ill get on top of it
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    Thanks lads, was having issues getting the 4cm working right but seems to be ok now... the fx loop and send/returns were tieing my head in knots.. i have a few hours to myself this morning so ill get on top of it
    Mate, if you look at the HX manual online... there is a good diagram showing 4CM. I've set up the HX yesterday, and the Helix Floor this morning.

I colour coded the cables/ Helix units to make it easier !

I'll post a picture at some point... 
  • Cool must check that out... having issues changing channels on the SS100 with it though.....
  • Is it possible with the 4cm to have a preamp fed to the loop and you can switch between the real amp and the Helix preamp via a footswitch? I think you should be able to.....
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    Is it possible with the 4cm to have a preamp fed to the loop and you can switch between the real amp and the Helix preamp via a footswitch? I think you should be able to.....
    You can indeed. I do that quite a lot. Lonestar clean and dirty channels for some stuff then when needed, plexi and matchless preamps into the loop. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

@Aidanspaghetti I don't have one to hand but happy to set you up a couple of 4CM presets and send them over. A lot of this stuff is relatively easy but somethimes you do have to get your thinking cap on. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've just done this. Set up in 4CM Put an 'effects loop' in the middle of the block with overdrive, compressors and stuff before it, put the Helix pre amp right after it followed by reverbs etc.  Set a footswitch to disable the effects loop and enable the preamp. Job done.

I have found that the helix preamps are quieter than my real one, still working on that :)

John_A said:
    I've just done this. Set up in 4CM Put an 'effects loop' in the middle of the block with overdrive, compressors and stuff before it, put the Helix pre amp right after it followed by reverbs etc.  Set a footswitch to disable the effects loop and enable the preamp. Job done.

I have found that the helix preamps are quieter than my real one, still working on that :)

It depends on the preamp. You can use the full amp and that does give you some more options tonally. 

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Please can you wise folk assist me with the following, both in terms of ensuring that I have my Helix and H9 configured correctly...

I'm trying to create a patch with a few snapshots and each snapshot selects a different H9 patch. The MIDI cable is attached and I know it's transmitting since I get -2410c on the H9 display each time I select a new Helix patch...no idea what I've done to achieve that!!

I've been to the Command Centre and tried to set a program change but it doesn't work. Both devices are set to OMNI for communication. Don't know what the CC00 and CC32 should be so ive left them as OFF.

As an aside, in the Command Centre, if I select Footswitch 8 and change its config, but then touch Footswitch 9, I can change its settings. What's the difference between doing this and selecting Footswitch 9 with the joystick and then changing its parameters?
  • @Aidanspaghetti I don't have one to hand but happy to set you up a couple of 4CM presets and send them over. A lot of this stuff is relatively easy but somethimes you do have to get your thinking cap on. 
    That'd be brilliant man at some stage... Thanks..

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 539
    For what it's worth in the factory TEMPLATES setlist, there is a 4CM patch all set up for you.  You can copy and paste it into one of your setlist using the editor. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Please can you wise folk assist me with the following, both in terms of ensuring that I have my Helix and H9 configured correctly...

I'm trying to create a patch with a few snapshots and each snapshot selects a different H9 patch. The MIDI cable is attached and I know it's transmitting since I get -2410c on the H9 display each time I select a new Helix patch...no idea what I've done to achieve that!!

I've been to the Command Centre and tried to set a program change but it doesn't work. Both devices are set to OMNI for communication. Don't know what the CC00 and CC32 should be so ive left them as OFF.

As an aside, in the Command Centre, if I select Footswitch 8 and change its config, but then touch Footswitch 9, I can change its settings. What's the difference between doing this and selecting Footswitch 9 with the joystick and then changing its parameters?
    I think I need to use the lightning bolts to set the PC message so will look at that tonight
    Nope, lightning bolts aren't working as they should. Anyone with Helix/H9 MIDI experience able to assist?
    edited May 2018
     Another control question.  I have an Engl ironball which uses a TRS jack connected to a twin footswitch. Tip to ground selects the lead channel, ring to ground selects the gain boost, both does both, and neither does neither. The Helix which appears to give me the option of tip-ground, ring-ground or both states but not both states off, so I can select any of the functions, but I cant set a command to set tip or ring to off to revert to just the clean channel without the gain boost, any ideas? 

I seem to be able to assign a footswitch to work like a regular latching switch, I.e. Click once to select the lead channel, and click again for clean.  What I can't figure out is how to select a snapshot with the clean channel selected automatically 
    @John_A - I in the command centre, sounds like you may need to use the Midi lightning bolts too, although I can't seem to get them working
    edited May 2018
    @John_A - I in the command centre, sounds like you may need to use the Midi lightning bolts too, although I can't seem to get them working
    Don't think that's the answer, a command seems to be able to set tip or ring to ON, I need it to set it to OFF